Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406209 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I, for one, would've liked to see them continue with the running "gag" of Gabula ultimately ending up being fucked sideways by God/fate/whatever. lol
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I dunno. ive heard some say that, but I disagree. That's actually WORSE. You played through the whole game for a BAD END. I'm not a fan of games that give you a bad end. Especially one like THAT. How is that any more satisfying? "Interesting =/= good"

I agree. That ending sounds way, way too tragic. Plus, it would just be another 180, not giving Dracula the freedom from his immortality that we ALL want to see happen.

I just always thought from the beginning that Dracula would be stabbed, then ascend to heaven to reunite with God, his wife, son, and the other members of the Belmont clan that we didn't get to see in this universe.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I agree. That ending sounds way, way too tragic. Plus, it would just be another 180, not giving Dracula the freedom from his immortality that we ALL want to see happen.

I just always thought from the beginning that Dracula would be stabbed, then ascend to heaven to reunite with God, his wife, son, and the other members of the Belmont clan that we didn't get to see in this universe.

#regrets

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8313 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »
they shoulda had alternate endings where marie offers dracula the chance to be with her again in Heaven, but dracula relunctantly says no & chooses to stay behind, saying hes too corrupted and doesnt belong in Heaven & will now just make sure Stan will never try to return by staying on earth

the "good" ending would be dracula reverts back to Gabrian belmont & ascends to be with marie, with Victofer watching from afar wiping a tear from his cheek, to please the fans

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Not sure about anyone else, but I would totally be on board for a "bad end" in a game staring a evil Vampire Lord who murdered many humans and even a innocent family.

So in that sense I would have rathered LOS2 had a more tragic ending rather than a father son bonding one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:43:28 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Why every.fucking.thing needs to end with everyone happy!? Fuck this shit, we have so many medias with this type of ending already, why in the flying fuck we can't have some with bittersweet endings or bad endings?

God, it's a fucking Castlevania game, make an ending where Dracula actually fucks everything and declares war against God. You get your fucking sequel hook in a satisfying way. Make Dracula defeat Satan like the bitch he is, make as family doesn't matter to him anymore, he just want to destroy shit for all eternity.

Instead, we get ANOTHER fucking anti-hero. Like we aren't full of these already...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Maybe Lords of Shadow 3 will have a better ending. :P

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I don´t mind if the end is good/happy or bad/sad. I only want a definitive and clear ending, with no cliffhanger or inconcluse plot.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I don´t mind if the end is good/happy or bad/sad. I only want a definitive and clear ending, with no cliffhanger or inconcluse plot.
This.

Even a cliche happy ending with Gabriel ascending would've been better than Let's see what fate has in store for us and all our sequel adventures. Y u do this Konami.  :'(

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Maybe Lords of Shadow 3 will have a better ending. :P
I'm actually warming up to the idea of a Lords 3 when Dracula finally gets his characer arc of revenge against God, as if he wanted to stay with Alucard BUT rule over god and have his revenge, so Alucard gets against him and regrettably fights him and so on.. It's been around my head for some time these past weeks. Imaigne some kind of Lgacy of Kain Defiance where the two characters have a parallel story. I would buy 10.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I'm actually warming up to the idea of a Lords 3 when Dracula finally gets his characer arc of revenge against God, as if he wanted to stay with Alucard BUT rule over god and have his revenge, so Alucard gets against him and regrettably fights him and so on.. It's been around my head for some time these past weeks. Imaigne some kind of Lgacy of Kain Defiance where the two characters have a parallel story. I would buy 10.

Right when I was starting to settle down with the idea that the LoS series is finally done, the hype train starts back up again. Revelations was just too good. If the dev team who made that came up with a Lords 3, I don't think I'd have a problem with it. Just...keep Alvarez far and away from the story writing.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I just want a LoS Alucard game. A FULL Alucard game. Revelations gave me an itch for it.

Also, for shits n' giggles, I'd kill for a crossover with the classic canon. Maybe not a fighting game this time though, yeah?

Double the Alucard, double the Dracula, double the fun!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Also, for shits n' giggles, I'd kill for a crossover with the classic canon. Maybe not a fighting game this time though, yeah?

only if st. germain is involved

becuz time n stuff

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Double the Alucard, double the Dracula, double the fun!
Yeah why not :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I've been thinking about it, and I know how I would've ended this series. Not going into too much detail, but it would've went like this:

- The story would focus on the redemption of Gabriel. Some of the ideas I'd keep would be Zobek's goal to usurp Satan as well as Alucard making a deal with Gabriel.

- Main plot would be Gabula seeking out a weapon(ultimate holy weapon) composed of the holiest of relics on Earth(one relic would be the Spear of Destiny, another the Combat Cross, among other fabled artifacts), which can forever silence Satan(as well as Gabriel himself). Zobek tells Gabula of it and how both the Brotherhood of Light and Satan's army seek it.

- Brotherhood of Light would have a bigger part in the modern day. Alucard would act as a mediary between Gabula and the Brotherhood, who'd, for a brief time, ally with each other only because of their goals are the same(seeking out the "holy weapon").

- Victor would still be part of the Brotherhood and have a greater role in the overall game.

- About half-way into the game, the Brotherhood gets slaughtered when Satan's army attacks their headquarters. It's a massive battle where Gabula, Alucard and Victor fight side-by-side. Victor dies heroically. End of the Brotherhood.

- Holy weapon is discovered, but Zobek steals it and wounds Gabula with it. Turns out it's incomplete(missing one part, so it doesn't kill Gabula). Brief portion where Alucard offers Gabula some of his blood(like Gabula did for Trevor in MoF), then Alucard goes to find the missing piece(control Alucard for this section).

- No Leviathan. Satan is summoned back to the world and creates his own version of Dracula's Castle, Pandemonium, which acts as the final dungeon. Full-scale apocalyptic scene happens(the world feels this inbalance and natural disasters occur in various parts of the world). Gabula, at full strength again, is joined by Alucard who helps storm the castle. Alucard keeps a lot of Satan's army at bay while Gabula travels deep within the heart of the twisted keep.

- He confronts Zobek again, Death battle ensues and Gabula wins, taking back the holy weapon. Forms the full version of the holy weapon with the piece Alucard gave him.

- Final Battle agains Satan. First in human form, then in demon form, and last, Dragon(Gabula) versus the Beast(Satan). Satan's Beast form is based on the multi-headed dragon designs in the art(as well as the infamous apocalyptic imagery of Revelations). Totally epic battle.

- The end has Gabula and Alucard(together) impaling Satan(in mid-air) with the weapon, causing a hole(The Pit) to open in the space below as they fall. It seeks to engulf them(a realm of pure nothingness where no evil can escape from). Satan fights it though, so Gabula and Alucard choose to Sacrifice themselves by cutting their palms on the weapon and binding their blood to it, in turn, binding Satan with their blood and keeping him down. What they don't expect is, not being beings of PURE evil, by binding their dark blood to the weapon, it's actually their dark side that is bound, literally pulling it from their bodies and forever sealing Satan within The Pit as Gabriel(not Gabula anymore) and Trevor(not Alucard... hehe) escape as humans.

- Basically, the prophecy of Revelations was altered, and now the world is able to move forward into a new direction. Gabriel and Trevor are able to live out their lives in peace.

Though, for me, the whole last part I'm on the fence with. Either Gabriel and Trevor live as humans, or when they are shed of their dark side, they both ascend into the heavens(greeted by Marie).

anything