Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406070 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
- No Leviathan. Satan is summoned back to the world and creates his own version of Dracula's Castle, Pandemonium, which acts as the final dungeon. Full-scale apocalyptic scene happens(the world feels this inbalance and natural disasters occur in various parts of the world). Gabula, at full strength again, is joined by Alucard who helps storm the castle. Alucard keeps a lot of Satan's army at bay while Gabula travels deep within the heart of the twisted keep.

I had actually thought that it would be cool to have Pandemonium be the final fight spot against Satan.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I was actually surprised that more influence wasn't take from Revelation. I thought it would be cool to tie in Dracula's plan with the ending of the world.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
- Final Battle agains Satan. First in human form, then in demon form, and last, Dragon(Gabula) versus the Beast(Satan). Satan's Beast form is based on the multi-headed dragon designs in the art(as well as the infamous apocalyptic imagery of Revelations). Totally epic battle.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation Final Battle HD 1080p Part 2

sry couldnt resist

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
This plot sounds pretty anime-y. Not western enough.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This plot sounds pretty anime-y. Not western enough.

Tha plot proposed by our friend DragonSlayr81? Yes, is pretty anime-esque... and I love it  :D.

In fact, is better than the original one presented in LoS 2, in my opinion...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Dragon's alternate plot is good but it's missing the after credit stinger that shows a mysterious figure preparing to summon Galamoth from the darkest pit's of the Netherworld now that Satan and Dracula are no longer threats.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
The Art of CV: LoS displays a artwork of Satan's Beast form. A red dragon with multiple crowned heads. Yes.

Also, the "Feathers of Stolas" were a planned relic.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Dragon's alternate plot is good but it's missing the after credit stinger that shows a mysterious figure preparing to summon Galamoth from the darkest pit's of the Netherworld now that Satan and Dracula are no longer threats.

The forgotten Forgotten One.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
The Art of CV: LoS displays a artwork of Satan's Beast form. A red dragon with multiple crowned heads. Yes.

Also, the "Feathers of Stolas" were a planned relic.
Sounds like Dracula's 2nd form in most games. Was this for LoS1 or LoS2?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It was LoS2, I believe. It shows buffed up Satan and right next to him the multi-headed dragon(which is a reference to the Book of Revelations). You also see the The Beast in Ayami Kojima's artwork for CoD behind Trevor:

Though, that particular artwork also has the human-faced locust(another apocalyptic creature), and made me think that CoD was also going to have some "end of the world" themes(would've been cool if Dracula tried to bring on Armageddon in the late 15th century AS the original canon's version of "the devil"). I mean, hell, seeing that poster and that imagery(including Cerberus), lots of hellish creatures, I thought they were going to be bosses(and CoD WAS going to have an apocalypitic tone). Another reason I thought this was because the Minotaur is on the poster, and he WAS a boss(I think the Wyvern's there too, as well as Crazy Armor, as he seems to have a similar bloodstained look as the boss). I kinda wonder if IGA DID have more ideas in store for CoD, but had to cut a lot of it due to deadlines and... poor level planning(LOL).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:32:27 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
It is Satan's. The concept is put in his section, and doesn't look like anything like Dracula (either traditional or LoS).

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
check out this replica of the Devil mask i just acquired.. now i will become the true lord of the dead

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
the fact that there's a "face" under it pisses me off.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
It is Satan's. The concept is put in his section, and doesn't look like anything like Dracula (either traditional or LoS).
I meant that it reminded me of Dracula's 2nd form from other games, not that I thought it was Dracula. :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I meant that it reminded me of Dracula's 2nd form from other games, not that I thought it was Dracula. :P
Oh OK, sorry, I misunderstood your statement.

anything