Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406504 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well since the Soul Reaver games also went through complete development hell and each one was released with gobs of missing or cut content I'd say it ended up being the spiritual successor to Soul Reaver.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
To back up what some people have been saying about this game going through development hell, has anyone here come across the glitch where, when you're cooperating with Victor and the Lieutenant, and you finish the fight, the screen flashes black for a moment, everyone disappears, and the HUD doesn't show back up, but the cutscene that's supposed to follow does not play and, instead, the camera is stuck where Dracula is at? You can still move the camera around, but I still had to quit the game and go back into it on my PS3 for the next cutscene to occur. I also encountered another glitch the same night I was playing the game on my third playthrough where, when you're fighting the Riders of the Storm, the Spear statue does his attack where he pulls you in with his tornado, and I used the Mist to dodge the attack. Problem is, once I did this, I was stuck in the Mist form until I realized I wasn't getting out of it and had to quit the game again!

Not to mention, I've come across a lot of what I would call rookie errors in the level design. Maybe I'll post a video of this on Youtube one day, but I think something is wrong when I tilt the camera and a hatch door just disappears as if there is some rendering error. If this was just happening the PC, that would be one thing, but this is on the PS3 version of the game!

Then again, I've brought these issues up before, so I won't delve into them any more than necessary. It's not like my saves were getting corrupt or anything like that. It's just the graphical glitches (there are many on the PS3 version, if you're paying attention) make you wonder how good of a job the QA team was doing, or if management was even listening to them.

By the way, how are some of you accessing these "hidden" parts of the game? I saw Flame's video, and I've read on GameFAQs some hidden area in the Bioquimek Corporation that the Dodo Eggs points to, as well as something to do with some glitch where you have to do something with the Mist form and how it lets you explore areas out of bounds from the regular gameplay.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Posted on the LoS2 FB today. No other useful info.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Fuck Victor, playable Carmilla would be the best thing ever

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
a higher res version of that art would be even better
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Fuck Victor, playable Carmilla would be the best thing ever

God, I hope not.  :-\
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Maybe it could be fan art? I find it extremely unlikely it's a Carmilla DLC. Has anyone in the community been asking for THAT?
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

I guess more content is on the way, no way that's just a thing they did for fun.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
All it says is "woman crush wednesday: Carmilla".  It's interesting though indeed that a new pic's been used for it.  I don't think that there will be any new content.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
The background is also different from the other one with Dracula.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Simon-s-Quest-386578351

Stumbled across this fan-story while looking through Lords of Shadow art. This sounds like it would have made a cool DLC.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Simon-s-Quest-386578351

Stumbled across this fan-story while looking through Lords of Shadow art. This sounds like it would have made a cool DLC.
Too bad thing didn't turn out that way for LoS2.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

This is very awesome. I want to start writing my own LoS Timeline now...

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think it would be cool after Simon say's "You will never belong in this world", Dracula says, "No, warrior. It is those like you who will not belong in my world."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
BTW, just so you know, that isn't ALL the artwork from the game- I mainly picked and chose the ones i felt were most interesting. And skipped a lot of the production art. (storyboards, character model shit etc)

Some things i want to point out.

this
http://s16.postimg.org/yfkvctedf/CLOS2_2014_04_11_19_50_41_03.png

is that underground section with the containers on rails. Which i believe leads to the train section maybe? Ever feel like it's just too bare in game? it's literally just a giant black pit with this boring modern shit over it. Now, looking at this concept art, doesn't it look much better? It actually looks like modern integrated with the old. Like they just stuck a rail transport system on top of some ancient water system.

The train concept art itself looks great, real dark and spooky, although Next Stop: Castlevania is one of the setpieces I don't have a problem with.

then theres these.
http://s16.postimg.org/jtppu794z/CLOS2_2014_04_11_19_57_50_73.png
http://s16.postimg.org/xyviw0i6b/CLOS2_2014_04_11_19_57_55_13.png

both are labeled as "Library", but the second one in particular, I beg to differ. That looks more like some kind of alchemy or ritual setup there.

I THINK there might have been some lab looking images I skipped over, but this really makes me think that a scrapped concept included some kind of alchemy lab or something.

And finally, this.
http://s16.postimg.org/pjjqjqjgj/CLOS2_2014_04_11_20_00_00_58.png

I think it speaks for itself no? If I remember right, the artwork section labels this as torture chamber or something. We missed out on having a legit torture chamber!

Also, the gardens artwork makes me think that the entire area is cut content. There is a LOT of detailed concept art for Agreus gardens, when the final area is really just one large room with a few walls and shit to make it a stealth puzzle. It IS also quite weird when most of the other areas contain at least SOME elements of a level, even Carmilla's wing is a large library with multiple levels and pathways, despite being one big room and an outdoor area. 9which itself has secrets and interesting design)

but Agreus? there's that little way down, a shrine to pan, Agreus' "maze", and the battle arena above. Bit too much artwork for JUSt that, dont you think?

I agree on every one of your points. But the developers did mention internal conflicts within the team and the prompt departure of their Art Director midway through production who actually went on to work on RIME.  They even mentioned that the game is frankensteined together in parts. That's why some area are drop dead gorgeous and other ones are like subpar.

Things that I can't get over are the super disappointing final boss battle with Satan. The final battle in the first game was far superior especially considering they made that super nice new model of SATAN it was a shame you didn't fight him one on one. Also, the lame ending of the game! WTF?! No real conclusion!

On a side note, I loved pretty much all the boss fights minus the last one and I think the Death fight was probably the best Death boss I ever seen in a CV title. Oh and Victor was badass except the "Giant Victor" part. Lame! Did the devs run out of ideas for the second part of the fight?

The only thing for me was did it seem to anyone else as soon as you got Drac's power level's up to a decent level you basically slaughtered the bosses. There were enemies that seemed to be stronger than some of the actual bosses.

I really think the game if everything (and everyone) came together it would of been something special especially after the awesome intro into the new world. I don't really think it's much of an excuse though. I mean this game got pushed back a bunch of times so I figured bout time the game came out if should of had even extra polish to it! But, that's the game industry.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer