Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406195 times)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Have you noticed that in Carmilla's lair, when you destroy plies of books, some of the remaining pages are LOS1 artwork?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Ayami Kojima Gabriel.

y/n?

I've wondered about this myself, to be honest.  I do miss her artwork from the series, as much as I love the artwork for LoS.

Rhafiel from deviantart drew something like that, and it looks really good. Gabriel looks very similar to Juste Belmont.

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-370268847?hf=1

So that's what the finished piece loks like!  I remember seeing the WIP shot of it and thinking how good it was. 

Some sort of fusion of the series from both the orginal timeline and from LoS could be an interesting step forward.  Even with all of LoS's faults, Gabriel is still one of my favourite Castlevania characters.

"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

Original timeline:
-Long, spanning history.
-Unique mythos
-Awesome, upbeat tunes

New timeline:
- Stellar art direction
- Rich, sometimes calming music
- The Combat Cross  8)
- Beautiful visuals
- Expansive world
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I've wondered about this myself, to be honest.  I do miss her artwork from the series, as much as I love the artwork for LoS.

So that's what the finished piece loks like!  I remember seeing the WIP shot of it and thinking how good it was. 

Some sort of fusion of the series from both the orginal timeline and from LoS could be an interesting step forward.  Even with all of LoS's faults, Gabriel is still one of my favourite Castlevania characters.

That reminds here of another cool art piece that I favorite.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Always-will-be-a-Light-into-the-Blackest-Night-351711323
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
One thing LoS2 gets props for- is giving the Belmont clan a family crest.

I'm surprised that the original timeline never gave the family some sort of crest or family coat of arms.

Also, yeah, the COmbat cross was IMO, a brilliant idea on how to change up the whip. It's both a whip AND a crucifix, which is awesome.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
The soundtrack is superb in my opinion, it's been my default background chillout music since the demo rip was put out.  The ost for MoF's bene in my car permanently for months, and is about to get replaced by the ost for 2.

Another thing in LoS's favour is the stellar voice acting, particularly from Rpbert Carlyle.  *That* scene in MoF gets me every time.  I didn't expect to love him as Drac, but he grew on me very quickly.  They gave him a very real reason to be so full of hate, with the personal tragedy of his family, especially him, Marie and Alucard being spot on.  Alucard's reimaging was also very badass.  I loved the fact that while they paid a lot of homage to Ayami Kojima's depiction of Al, at the same time they made him very distinctly different but equally as cool.  (I really want his coat!)  I would be very happy to see more of Gabe and this Al, especially Al, considering how much he's been up to off-screen.

I would love to see the art direction and graphics quality from 2, as seen so well in the castle sections, applied to a more traditional, full castle.  MoF had this, but it was far too short imo, and I wasn't amazingly keen on the art style for it, especially in the cutscenes.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Combat Cross is something too Epic to not put in any future Castlevania game regardless of Canon, only gripe about it is the nonsensical seemingly infinite chain.

Also, If Simon had the Combat Cross replica, why didn't Victor have it?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
ive had that same question kaziz. i would figure trevors combat cross woulda been passed down the generations. now its just a mystery

so guys i have a new fav track. previously it was "first return to the castle," but now its this. its very eerie & unique, perfect for castlevania & it sounds like it couldve been in any of the other games. it took me a while but earlier today i finally realized that its in fact a remix of Belmonts Theme! i also made it my ringtone, lol

OST: Toy Maker's Theatre ~ Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (Disc: 2)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
One thing LoS2 gets props for- is giving the Belmont clan a family crest.

(Crest image)

I'm surprised that the original timeline never gave the family some sort of crest or family coat of arms.

Well, in the first games (CVIII and SCVIV precisely) I always considered the Whip upgrade icon as a "Belmont Family Emblem". Something like a distinctive for the Belmont Family. But I have to admit that the crest art (the Belmont Family and the other characters) from LoS are gorgeous :D.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
ive had that same question kaziz. i would figure trevors combat cross woulda been passed down the generations. now its just a mystery

so guys i have a new fav track. previously it was "first return to the castle," but now its this. its very eerie & unique, perfect for castlevania & it sounds like it couldve been in any of the other games. it took me a while but earlier today i finally realized that its in fact a remix of Belmonts Theme! i also made it my ringtone, lol

Sounds like something that could've been from an 80s swords & sorcery video game(all genres included) like Wizards & Warriors, Solstice or the Ultima series(see, they are all basically different genres).

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

I loved that track during the game, together with the adoreable reaver animation projected onto the wall.  It reminded me a little of Fuju's (arist on Pixiv) chibified, slightly derpy, reavers/scaven: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=36800854. 

Hmmmm.... regarding Victor not having Trevor's combar cross.... that's a really good point.  I'd have thougt that as well.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Hey, has anyone ever seen this concept art for the first game?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It is strange, but it was on the site I visited. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/11/a-horde-of-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-demon-concepts/

Also, I had a thought. Does anyone else wonder why Dracula's clothing is different when he wakes up? He wearing an old, battered tunic. And why is he wearing some strange ring on his finger?

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

(An imagined dialogue for When Dracula talks with Zobek:)

Dracula: "Dude, Zobek, I know we're not really pals, but can you quit? I'm waking up to ash and dust here, man!"

Zobek: (Thinking: You won't be smellin' my ciggs for too much longer, BatBoy!)

Zobek: For the sake of our quest, I'll try, old friend!

Dracula: Thanks, man! Let's go get Satan and his children!

Zobek: Ha, "But enough talk, have at them!" (Thinking: I am become Death, ruler of the world...unless I screw it all up again...)

Alucard: (Thinking: He's gonna screw it up! My Mom said so...)

"Lieutenant"-ucard: Yes, master! 

Thanks everyone!!

;D

(BTW, My latest FanVideo: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3zk9uvZHqA )
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"