Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lead for SUPERMAN reboot confirmed  (Read 3727 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: January 30, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
"The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen.  I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry.  He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125177-henry-cavill-to-play-superman

i never heard of him, but it should be good knowing that Chris Nolan is involved

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
I wonder if they'll have the common sense to keep Luthor and Zod away this time.

Bring on Darkseid, Doomsday or Brainiac.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
I am dissapointed that Brandon Routh won't be reprising the role. I think he did an excelent job and as my brother mentioned, it was like watching Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve, playing Superman. I wasn't sold on the whole Superman returns premise (namely the superman's son bit) but Brandon Routh did a good job and I don't understand why he wasn't selected.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »
I hope they don't follow the new Superman: Year One comic. They made Superman into a genius. It was so weird.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
I swear if Luthor is involved, then I declare the Superman Movie franchise to be dead.

I'm surprised Braniac was never used in any of the movies.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:15 AM »
yet another nobody... why wont they just let Tom Welling play him... Hes been Clark Kent for 10 years now and this is the final season of Smallville... I dont understand =(

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:18:06 AM »
I am dissapointed that Brandon Routh won't be reprising the role. I think he did an excelent job and as my brother mentioned, it was like watching Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve, playing Superman. I wasn't sold on the whole Superman returns premise (namely the superman's son bit) but Brandon Routh did a good job and I don't understand why he wasn't selected.

-X

I agree that he was ok. But I think this recasting is about wiping the whole slate clean.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:37 AM »
yet another nobody... why wont they just let Tom Welling play him... Hes been Clark Kent for 10 years now and this is the final season of Smallville... I dont understand =(

I think he has said he will "never put those tights on".

Personally I don't think the guy is film actor material.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
In my opinion, smallvill is not even remotly considered superman to begine with. The whole premise of superman being superman was his secret identity which they threw out the window. Everybody knows that clark has superpowers and that defeats the purpose entirely  :P Also he's wearing a Black outfit and trenchcoat which is NOT superman. At all. I have no real problems with the actor in question. by all reasoning he could probably pull it off, but he's been the main character in Smallvill since the begining and it's just not a good series even if it was made in Canada. Personally I wouldv'e done this series much differently and not make it one big screw-up.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »
Shoulda gotten Nicholas Cage.

:O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
I saw Nicholas Cage as he posed for several camera shots for Tim Berton's version of Superman. Not cool. And I'm glad it never became a reality. Youtube Kevin Smith Superman 1/2 and you'll understand why this file never got the green light. It's also funny as hell.

-X

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Seen it. D: Friend of mine has some live Kevin Smith DVDs. Pretty outrageous.

And the one Nicholas Cage Superman shot I saw is ridiculous.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: