Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane  (Read 13012 times)

Dominus Agony

Re: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »
+3
Los is here to draw the story of dracula and install a new canon for future developers.
Cox pretty much said that...

Um, not exactly; he said they [MercurySteam] wanted to tell THEIR story, and move onto other things once finished. Never said anything about leaving their "canon" open for other developers, just that they only have CV "THE BRAND" for a short time & are gonna pass it off or relinquish it back to Konami since their story will be completed.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
I always thought that Sotn and LoI had the best soundtracks. CoD is good but it has too much electric guitar pieces for my taste. If they ever bring back Yamane, she should do something in the vein of LoI, with dark yet very beautiful pieces that don't use too much guitar .Don't get me wrong I love the guitar as an instrument, but it doesn't convey emotions as good as a piano or a violin does, especially if it's an electric one.

I fully agree with this, I like her music but I don't like Castlevania all rocked out.

I loved LoS's fully orchestrated music, and I feel like if Yamane had music performed that way it would be great, but after LoS I don't know if I could enjoy CV music in future games if it's not
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
+1
Bloodlines>SoTN

Yamane is good but I think the series should have new comers to show their style to cv like the old days.
Maybe a fan soundtrack like what street fighter did from my understanding with SFIIHD that was the fan-made soundtrack right?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
I'm betting that if IGArashi ever returns to make another game, then he'd ask Yamane to do a few guest tracks. I don't think we've heard the last of her, at all. Prunyuu

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »
Bloodlines>SoTN

<3

One of the reasons music for older games often seems superior to current games, is because since the systems could only do music with what was in the system, they had to emphasize a strong melody.

I do love myself that Bloodlines soundtrack. The Genesis instruments give real good unique sound, and they really lend themselves to castlevania. I think The Adventure rebirth with it's genesis sounding soundtrack can attest to that besides Bloodlines.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
<3

One of the reasons music for older games often seems superior to current games, is because since the systems could only do music with what was in the system, they had to emphasize a strong melody.

I do love myself that Bloodlines soundtrack. The Genesis instruments give real good unique sound, and they really lend themselves to castlevania. I think The Adventure rebirth with it's genesis sounding soundtrack can attest to that besides Bloodlines.

Bloodlines was really memorable for me
(click to show/hide)

But over all bloodlines soundtract was just incredible for me even if I cannot remember all the themes most of them are still in my head not to mention Reincarnated soul and Iron blue intention(had this on when I was making Eric for soul calibur V), and the sinking sanctuary also this

The Prayer of a Tragic Queen
Castlevania Bloodlines - Stage 5 [Genesis] Music

Calling from Heaven
Castlevania Bloodlines - Stage 6 [Genesis] Music

And the Italy (pisa) level in my opinion one of the most ominous, dreary, and overall one of the most uncomfortable songs in the franchise which is awesome in this case.

The Discolored Wall
Castlevania Bloodlines - Stage 3 [Genesis] Music
(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
Forgot the awesomely melodic Atlantis Shrine

Castlevania Bloodlines - Stage 2 [Genesis] Music
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »

Aka sinking sanctuary ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:01:18 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jbetbrice

• Hunter in Training
  • Have At You !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
She is Independant i think Now , but , just listen to ''The Lost Paintings'' in SOTN , This Ambiance is Awesome Man ! , she has made an incredible job for SOTN and i hope she'll be called for MoF

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 03:34:38 AM »

This version is better IMO

castlevania circle of the moon Ost-Sinking Old Sanctuary

The sound quality is kinda poor though since it's on GBA.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
Bloodlines have one of the best OSTs in the series, rivaling SCV4 itself. I mean its good not only in composition quality, but in how all the tracks fit the levels and have the kind of the same  atmosphere, something that even ROB and SOTN didn't had, IMO.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
This version is better IMO

castlevania circle of the moon Ost-Sinking Old Sanctuary

The sound quality is kinda poor though since it's on GBA.

This version is better pimpy ( This was the first time I heard it when I was a child fell in great love with it, and in my opinion the best version even better than bloodlines)

CastleVania ~ Legacy of Darkness Soundtrack ~ Art Tower ~ The Sinking Old Sanctuary
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
Gotta love the Legacy of Darkness version.  Primo arrangement.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 05:50:13 AM »
The only one who can match Yamane's masterpieces is Final Fantasy's Nobuo Uematsu. Too bad he is tied with Square Enix and I don't want him to leave there either.

It would be a dream if these two teamed up.

If Konami can somehow pull a string on recruiting Uematsu, I'd definitely shit my pants. Uematsu on CV scoring? Kinda crazy.

Tags: