Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Robert Belgrade interview  (Read 7270 times)

Offline Galamoth

• Future Ruler of the Netherworld
  • !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:30 AM »
+1
Robert Belgrade interview

An acquaintance of mine from Brazil managed to score an interview with the legendary Robert Belgrade. Check it out.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:18:30 AM »
Very cool.  He seems a little arrogant.  I can imagine him laughing to himself the whole interview, thinking, "These geeks worship me for something I don't even remember!"  But there's some good info in there.  The disjointed recording process really explains why the voice acting is so bad...Konami takes the cheap way out and records all the voice actors separately to save money.

Thanks for posting.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:10:14 AM »
Interesting that they did all the english voice work in Japan as well. I wonder why they choose to let Alucard have such a deep voice in the English version while in the Japanese version it sounds completely different. I thought it never suited him at all, especially when you consider he is only supposed to be 18 years physically.   

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »
+1
Oh man I can only imagine waking up every morning then talking to myself and hear the deep sexy voice of Alucard.. sweet.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »
+1
Oh man I can only imagine waking up every morning then talking to myself and hear the deep sexy voice of Alucard.. sweet.

Wait.............
what?   :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
Suddenly I don't have a problem with Konami changing the voice actor for Alucard anymore .This guy is so obnoxious.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:14:54 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »
+1
Wait.............
what?   :rollseyes:
That being Robert Belgrade having Alucad's voice must be awesome lol

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
Yea... I have no idea who the hell this is... but I'm guessing Alucard's voice from SotN? or so I assume from the posts that followed the OP.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 03:46:39 AM »
Yeah your guess is the right one. While I love Alucard's voice in the english dub, i find it a little too deep.The Japanese voice is much better. It sounds aristocratic without being too deep like in the english dub.
Based on that and how this guy doesn't even remember that he voiced Alucard, i guess i 'm ok with Konami  replacing him with someone else, like they did for DXC's version of Sotn .Just wanted to clear that up.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »
For me Alucard in SOTN sounded like he has a bad cold.