Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274107 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
When i have the game completed, there will be various hidden "extra" levels and will effect the ending depending on what is found along the way, so as it stands the game will have 2 endings, the standard ending that we are used to and an all new custom ending  8)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this fact but the CV 3 had 4 endings depending on who was with you.

Ending 1-Trevor+Alucard

Ending 2-Trevor+Sypha

Ending 3-Trevor+Grant

Ending 4_Trevor

So I'm curious as to what these new endings the new stages will bring about.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2013, 04:12:16 AM »
Oh i know dude lol, but since in my version you will have all 4 characters at once it'll be like the original, but my new one is not just the cut scene, you will actually play a bit more. Think Richter after getting the glasses, if you fight him without, game over. If you fight him wearing them you get the inverted castle. Same concept ;-)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
Oh i know dude lol, but since in my version you will have all 4 characters at once it'll be like the original

Ah okay. I see your point now.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »
Wahaha Grant throws an anchor at you?

That's awesome.

I try..rofl

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
What's up fellas?  Just wanted to let you guys know that the project is still alive and very, VERY well.  I decided to give the stages a background layer (player and enemy ground) an update to reflect the style of the level, instead of the blocks that i had on there originally and they are turning out much MUCH better.  I am currently up to the Tower of Terror with only 2 more screens to fine tune, then i'll be hitting the cliffside entrance.  I'll be updating my previous levels as well while waiting on Kaonstantine to do his thing with the Grant and Sypha sprites, if all is well i am hoping to have the full game released by the end of January, beginning of February.  Things that have been fixed that are worth mentioning lol are the fall/idle bug, its fixed along with adding the full 8 directional whipping now works when jumping.  Hopefully i'll be able to upload a video in the next few days to show you guys how things are turning out  8)

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
That's great news dude! Can't wait.  :)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »
Well, i've been very busy, so Grant sprites are taking time to being made -sorry, BMC  :P-

Almost finish running sprite. Detail in clothes still not completed. I still need to add 1 or 2 frames, you can notice an abrupt change in the motion at the end, but this is 95% how it's going to look.

Maybe speed is too fast, idk, but that's a thing BMC can control in his game.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
I think Grant looks great. Gone are the pink red pants and bandana. Even as a kid, I taught he looked a little fruity for a pirate (was he a pirate?) :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
Now that looks really good! The only thing I'd recommend is adding some more animations in the way his upper body moves. right now it's seems to skip in some spots (like when Grant is bringing his arm back it seems to jump from the near-front of him all the way to behind him). By putting in say two or three more animations it should smoothen it out.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »
Well, i've been very busy, so Grant sprites are taking time to being made -sorry, BMC  :P-

Almost finish running sprite. Detail in clothes still not completed. I still need to add 1 or 2 frames, you can notice an abrupt change in the motion at the end, but this is 95% how it's going to look.

Maybe speed is too fast, idk, but that's a thing BMC can control in his game.
Yep, new colors look waaay better. Like the way he is creeping around there.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »
Kaonstantine that looks wicked dude!  Great work as usual!  And yeah dude dont sweat the schedule, i've been beyond swamped these last few weeks as well so i feel you there dude!  And don't worry about the speeds man, like you mentioned i can adjust that as needed so no biggie  8)  Sorry for the long delay fellas, as i said i've had a ton of shit hit me all at once, i've been dealin with a lawsuit.....yeah.....and on top of that my state's water supply has been completely jacked since last thursday and its JUST getting cleaned out and OK to use legitimately today....yeah fun stuff lol.  But on a positive note, i have to fine tune the boss fight on the cliffside entrance and that will put me cleaning up the main halls.  So as it stands i have only 3 stages left and the game will be completed, and when Kaonstantine wraps everything up i'll just need to add and code his sprites, code them for enemies, subweapons,bosses etc and the game will be completed!  Once it's done, i'll be sending the finished game to a few guys for some hard core beta testing and fine tuning anything that is found.  Also, the OST is nearly completed, as it stands now i have 28 tracks.  I'll have an update for you guys ASAP.  Also, when the game is completed, I will make a quick stage by stage run down like i have in my previous vids to showcase all the levels  8)  in the meantime, when the game is being beta tested i will release the OST to tide you guys over until the game is completely ready for launch as well  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2014, 01:40:31 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a bit since i've uploaded a new vid and since i got a break and some internet at my folks place haha, its time for an update  ;D

War Machine's Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse Stage 8 Walkthrough
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:59:32 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #387 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a bit since i've uploaded a new vid and since i got a break and some internet at my folks place haha, its time for an update  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DiMJwPCQc
sorry dudes, double post :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:00:29 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
Well I have to say I'm satisfied with the grant running sprite. Feel like I'm geting better at creating walk/run cycles. the other images, well, please don't be harsh. I just created them for fun. I'm trying to figure out the jumping motion. There are several possibilities...

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

Tags: