Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Canonical Simon's Quest ending  (Read 11454 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
I see.
But now I can't be sure... :(
Simon's holy memory has been profaned  :P

I will tell you the entire story in my own way:

They called it "Shimon" in the japanese CV3, its a pun for Simon. When they translated and localized the game for the US, they doesnt knew about that and so literally translated the name, that means "Gates of Death".

They tried to fix this giving a more coherent name in HoD calling him "Simon Wraith". They did a splendid job in HoDespair since they changed it to "Hellmont", while this loses the Simon connection, it does a good job to keep the pun alive.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:39 PM »
I understand now, thanks!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
^ The music at the end of this video is from Mother series, I'm almost sure. So good! One of the best RPG's I've played in my life (2 and 3 at least, 1 aged really bad)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
HaHa! When it comes to certain games I know exactly how that hawk feels. The Duck Hunt dog always pissed me off whenever it laughed at my missing all the ducks and couldn't shoot him!! He's on my list...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
I've ever imagined that the "graveyard duck" would be a duck from duck hunt for some random reason lol

Here is the first part:
Ninja Gaiden - When Nature Flips Out
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:53:23 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: