Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween!  (Read 19663 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
Oh wow Skullmonkeys over Vampire Piggy Hunter?  :P

Though some Mexican food sounds pretty good...like a messy presentation of enchiladas served out of a skeleton's midsection, nice bean dip from the inside of a skull. Fun things like that!

Of those of us over 21 and want a fun party drink, I present to you bloody eyes!
http://www.fashionablybombed.com/2012/04/flashback-friday-13th.html

Anyone else have fun Halloween recipes?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
+1
Nice! I'll have to add that to my list of Halloween party stuff.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »
Aha it's a Bloody Mai Taieye.

Also sounds like good ideas all around. Not a big one for parties myself though Halloween is an exception. Not any around here worth going to though, actually not sure there are any Halloween parties period. Not counting Anti-Halloween Church dinners and dances, and this wretched town is dry so there's not even a single bar. Takes me back thinking about it though, I remember the first Halloween ball I went to the mask I had on had no peripheral vision. It got so bad after about 30 minutes people started thinking I was bumping into them on purpose lol.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:52:27 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
+1
I don't have time to read this thread 'cos I gotta finish some work and go to bed (been on jury duty all week, 8 hours a day [not including time to drive there and wake up and get ready and...] and will be through to next weekend, maybe longer, FOR TEN LOUSY BUCKS A DAY DAMN YOU COUNTY), but I will when I have time AND I wanted to say briefly that I friggin' love H'ween. FRIGGIN'.LOVE.HALLOWEDPEEN. So much fun. Will go into details later.

But each October I like to do "October Horrorthon," which is just my marathoning of horror movies. Love the chilly weather, really makes movies that much more fun. Watched the classic Halloween last weekend even if it's not October, and I hate how this jury crud will take up the first week of October if not longer. DAMN YOU COUNTY. So I'll follow it up with Halloween II and III: Season of the Witch since they just came out on fancy new Blu-rays from Shout!/Scream Factory, and I'd like to get the fourth film on BD, but beyond that the sequels don't exist.

So yeah. More in-depth post(s) incoming.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
+1
As much as I've always wanted to get all "dolled up" as a jiang shi, I'll probably just wear my changshan and call it a night. We don't get many trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood, but I will probably hand out fortune cookies to the few that come around. (It's just a little something special/different.)
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
As much as I've always wanted to get all "dolled up" as a jiang shi, I'll probably just wear my changshan and call it a night. We don't get many trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood, but I will probably hand out fortune cookies to the few that come around. (It's just a little something special/different.)

Speaking of jiangshi...

TWILIGHT SUCKS

;D Just go and get "dolled up"! I'll be expecting Halloween pics in this thread in the future, from everyone!

Frettchen

Re: Halloween!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »
+1
For the most part I'll be busy with work and school; it's likely I won't dress up or do anything special. Although, my work might hold a costume contest sometime during October, so there is that. But I'm not really interested in it, so I'll be damned if they make us all do it. >:(

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »
Welcome to this forum, I LOL'd at your avatar xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Frettchen

Re: Halloween!
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
Welcome to this forum, I LOL'd at your avatar xD

Thank you for the welcome. Lashen was kind enough to make the avatar for me. :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Haha, its good to know that Lashen is your friend, nippah~
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
Just got a sweet treasure chest looking box with what looks like wolf sculpting (think Cloud's pauldron from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) on the front. Lift the lid and there are two small bottles for booze and four shot glasses. Thought it would be nice for a Halloween decoration/party item. I'll take pics of it tonight if I remember!

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
I'll be spending Halloween inside, just enjoying the atmosphere and watching a few movies. Pumpkinhead and Carpenter's Halloween are always must-watch, and The Monster Squad and Herzog's Nosferatu have a strong chance of surfacing this year. May try to rope some friends into a little horror-themed gaming, too- probably Left 4 Dead.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
+1
So, Halloween. Love it. The only thing I don't love is that I can't go trick or treating. :p I'm not a partyer/drinker type. I just think the whole chilly-weathered vibe of being outside after dusk is a load of fun, going door to door scoring candy. You can't reasonably do that at 26. Some friends of mine actually did go trick or treating a few years ago, dressed up and everything, and we'd get people at the door saying things like, "You're some very BIG trick or treaters," some with a laugh, others with a nasty look on their face like we're assholes or something. Though one guy was the best when he was clearly surprised to open the door to see a bunch of adults (or for all he know, teenagers), so he laughs heartily and says, "I don't got any beer for ya or anything!" and we said we'd gladly take the candy, to which he laughed further and complied. It was good for a laugh with the people who weren't dicks about it. Still, makes ya feel pretty damn retarded, so that'll be the last time I dress up and go...unless I'm walking some kid around. ;) THEN I'll maybe join, or at least be able to walk along and observe the fun, living vicariously through the children.

Anyhoo, this year's plans are to have a couple buddies over and watch the Evil Dead series. As y'all have surmised, I'm obsessed with movies and watching them in properly-done high definition or the best available version; I own the Blu-rays for the first two flicks which look amazing (note: I'm talking the second Blu-ray by Lionsgate for the second film; the Anchor Bay disc is a slimy turd), and I've got a Hong Kong DVD for Army of Darkness which is the most complete release of the director's cut (my preferred version) and was sourced entirely from archival 35mm elements (whereas the US DVD took the DC scenes from a poor video source) so it looks really damn good. So I'm eager to watch this stuff back to back; actually, some day I'd like to watch all three films in a continuous flow, watching as if they were one movie/event, and I think doing so would work out well if you omitted the beginning recap and ending for Evil Dead II, cutting off right when Ash is about to fall down from the sky in medieval times, and start up AOD right at that spot, skipping past the recap it has (since none of the two sequels' recaps are entirely consistent with the previous film). Watching it this way, I think it will work out real well as a continuous piece, though it'd require I have two Blu-ray players set up and my DVD player with the latter two being paused at the right spot.

...Unless I choose not to be so anal about it and just use the in-between time as a bathroom/stretch/snack break, heh. I suppose that'll work out just as well for the continuation, like little intermissions.

Soooo, yeah. Last year I discovered the game Costume Quest which is a blast, so I'll be playing through that again nearer to Halloween.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
+1
I've been going karting for halloween for 2 years and I still gets lots of yummies and goodies when I win in races. :)Hopefully I still have time to post what I am doing during the time I'm there! :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:18:15 AM by Grimlock78 »
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
Like I said Id show pics of my finished mask. Heres the imgur album

http://imgur.com/a/gXuvl

Tags:

anything