Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween!  (Read 19652 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 07:29:28 AM »
+1
Finishing touches on my coat. Its almost done prolly finish it up tonight. This is all from last night. Gotta add pockets, shoulder cape, liner... and I think thats it to finish it up. Gotta be done tonight!!

The hoods fully detachable as seen in the first pic. I have a stretchy form fitting kinda cloth hood to wear under the mask to hide my neck and shirt. Mask on top of that and then hood over it. Gotta make the hat too still =/

(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Nice!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
My dad showed me some pictures of a master pumpkin carver. This guy's shit blew my mind!
I'd link the photos but there are simply waaaaay toooo maaaaaaany and I don't want the wrath of Jorge. If you're interested check out this link http://villafanestudios.com/gallery/the-pumpkins-2

\
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
Amazing! He is definitely a MASTER.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 12:51:44 AM »
These photos blew my mind away.... :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »
+1
Pretty insane pumpkin carving there. More like sculpting.

Speaking of pumpkins, I did up this little jack-o'-lantern the other day:
(click to show/hide)

I goofed up a bit while carving, and I'll have to remember never to mark the lines with a sharpie again, unless it's a super fine tipped one. I just wasn't happy carving away at it, because I'd already drawn the eyes and mouth too close together, so having to carve outside of the lines caused a space issue. Too much pumpkin whittled away. But it turned out all right, and although I accidentally cut off a portion of one eye and had to do the other to match, I kinda like the gigantic peepers since it lets the eerie glow through better.

Here's the pumpkin prior to carving, by the way:
(click to show/hide)

And this was my original doodle when coming up with designs (which I drew in early September, ha ha):
(click to show/hide)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
Nice stuff! I'll have to snap shots of my pumpkin (not very impressive) but it's cute and I like it.  ;D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
I actually havent carved one this year... Thats not like me. I have 3 pumpkins on my porch right now... 2 not carved and the 1 that is my gf did the sunday of the Walking Dead premiere. For some reason I just havent wanted to this year

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 05:10:53 AM »
Not sure if I can enjoy Halloween as much this year. hurricane Sandy knocked out power and transportation has been diminished.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Have a safe and fun time doing the Monster Mash this year!

Not sure if I can enjoy Halloween as much this year. hurricane Sandy knocked out power and transportation has been diminished.

You can always celebrate later, Halloween is truly a holiday to keep with you inside all year. Just stay safe for now man.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:32:33 AM by Ratty »

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
HAPPY HALLOWEE~N EVERYONE!

So I was going to take pics of my skull pumpkin but I carved it too soon and now it looks like a grumpy old man. :( I'm going to have to toss 'im when I get home tonight.

Here's a little treat to start out the day.

PSY vs Ghostbusters - Gangnam Busters - Mashup by FAROFF

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »

Perhaps next year will leave me more time to prepare that jiang shi costume. I had a stranger Halloween than most, but I did spend a few hours handing out those aforementioned fortune cookies.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »
+1
Perhaps next year will leave me more time to prepare that jiang shi costume. I had a stranger Halloween than most, but I did spend a few hours handing out those aforementioned fortune cookies.

Cool.

Well, we're in the homestretch slide of another year now. Here's hoping you all had a great time of it this October 31st. I didn't do much myself, watched some movies, including Dracula A.D. 1972, which was surprisingly good. Went to my favorite restaurant, which I've not been to in months, and later had a caramel apple or two.  Oh almost forgot, I also played through the entirety of Doom 2 with my significant other, using a mod that lets you play as characters (and use the associated weapons) from Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D and ChexQuest as well as the Doom Marine. It was a pretty sweet way to top off the evening.

Halloween 2012 may be over, but the holiday will remain undead in our hearts till next year, when it will rise again for another Monster Mash!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:02:35 AM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
+1
Shit! I almost forgot!

"Stuff and things."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »
Cool.

Well, we're in the homestretch slide of another year now. Here's hoping you all had a great time of it this October 31st. I didn't do much myself, watched some movies, including Dracula A.D. 1972, which was surprisingly good. Went to my favorite restaurant, which I've not been to in months, and later had a caramel apple or two.  Oh almost forgot, I also played through the entirety of Doom 2 with my significant other, using a mod that lets you play as characters (and use the associated weapons) from Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D and ChexQuest as well as the Doom Marine. It was a pretty sweet way to top off the evening.

Halloween 2012 may be over, but the holiday will remain undead in our hearts till next year, when it will rise again for another Monster Mash!

Drac A.D. 1972 was definitely saved by having Cushing AND Lee in it.

And wow that IWAD (I'm guessing something that extensive must be an internal WAD) that you played Doom 2 through sounds amazing, mixing in all those characters. I'm curious which one is that. Actually just so we don't derail this thread would you mind posting the reply on that one you made about Zandronum?

EDIT: Btw those costumes look awesome, especially that mummy candy dish.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:41:49 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags: