Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA  (Read 72634 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2019, 08:58:06 PM »
That video really showed off a good arcade-styled game! Doesn't help the fact that I'm reading a book called Dracula: Prince of many Faces. I'd highly recommend this to others here as it not only goes into details about Bram Stoker's creation of the myth but also on the real life Prince.

Fun fact from the book that I never knew; Joan of Arc was executed in 1431 and Vlad III (Dracula) was born that same year. If this was a CV game that would be a seriously ill omen  :o

I want to be able to play this game but opening up the rar. file told me that the file was either incomplete from download or damaged  >:(

I'll try again and see if it works.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 10:34:08 PM »
Thanks!

We understand your sentiment.

It's a thing worth addressing. Wallachia is not a game you will be able to enjoy if you are looking for an experience like LC2.

But there is a reason for that beyond the style choice of shooter. It is that LC2 was built off of the foundation of LC1.

Wallachia is an entirely new IP from the ground up. This means we spent a lot of time and energy into the conception of it and polish/stability which are being set at higher standards as it will be sold.

This game is an action packed 7 stage shooter that unfolds a new take on Dracula, and introduces the new characters that surround him.

It's a game you can beat in under an hour if you are good. It's like a classic CV or Contra game. But it's our style of that kind of game. And we've put a lot of fun unlockable content in it. But that is what the game is.

We are hoping that Wallachia can be something we can build on. It has a super fun feel to it and if we do another chapter of it, it could be a similar jump in style as LC1 was to LC2.

But we want players to understand what it is, and judge it by those standards, and not with expectations of a Metroidvania.

It wasn't possible for us to jump from LC2 right to another LC2.

But we hope you will still give Wallachia a shot! The support of the players will ensure that we get to do a Metroidvania style game again!

We hope that explains the whole thing for everyone!

Thanks guys!

Hello again Mig.

May I ask what is the engine on which you are making the game? Fusion again or something else? I am asking because I want to know how are you going to port it to Switch. Did you get dev kit? Paid the licence? You are approved by Nintendo?

Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2019, 04:46:07 PM »
Hello Mig here's one minor suggestion.
We found it seems both Normal and Hard modes apply to 3 Credits, which I personally think 3 Credits are a bit tight for normal game while Easy mode instead has 9 Credits. 4 or 5  Credits in Normal would be a balanced range in between those two values.

Couple quick things.

We re-cast Dracula as Sam Cope (Dracula9) because he blew us away with his take on Dracula.

Also, challenge mode now features guest composers from the Castlevania Umbra of Sorrow project. Aensland, Chern and Dracula9. The Umbro's.

Game pretty much done.

Start doing thumb push ups.

More soon.

Does the cast change mean Douglas Rye is now no longer in the voice cast?
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2019, 05:12:13 PM »
+1
That video really showed off a good arcade-styled game! Doesn't help the fact that I'm reading a book called Dracula: Prince of many Faces. I'd highly recommend this to others here as it not only goes into details about Bram Stoker's creation of the myth but also on the real life Prince.

Fun fact from the book that I never knew; Joan of Arc was executed in 1431 and Vlad III (Dracula) was born that same year. If this was a CV game that would be a seriously ill omen  :o

I want to be able to play this game but opening up the rar. file told me that the file was either incomplete from download or damaged  >:(

I'll try again and see if it works.

Thank you! That is a great book! This game is of course fiction based on history, but you will find many "historic Easter eggs" peppered throughout it! The more you know of Vlad the more you will notice in the game.

Sorry about the rar file problem you're not the first to report that. We will likely post an alternate link to the demo soon so you can play it.

Hello again Mig.

May I ask what is the engine on which you are making the game? Fusion again or something else? I am asking because I want to know how are you going to port it to Switch. Did you get dev kit? Paid the licence? You are approved by Nintendo?

Clickteam will be handling the Switch port. Our publisher is handling the details. The game will be coming to Steam firstly. So more about the Switch port will follow that.

Hello Mig here's one minor suggestion.
We found it seems both Normal and Hard modes apply to 3 Credits, which I personally think 3 Credits are a bit tight for normal game while Easy mode instead has 9 Credits. 4 or 5  Credits in Normal would be a balanced range in between those two values.

Does the cast change mean Douglas Rye is now no longer in the voice cast?

Pay no attention to the credit offerings in the demo. We've worked out a well balanced offering for each difficulty mode in the full game. We can also mention that when the game is completed on hard mode, a level select option is provided to make further trophy hunting more enjoyable. :-)

We decided to have Sam Cope play him because his voice was more fitting for our version of Dracula. He truly was perfect. Douglas played Lucifer in LC2 spot on, and we will hopefully work with him again in the future! But we can promise you all that Sam gave an incredible performance and you have a very menacing Dracula to look forward to!

We'd like you all to know that the game is basically finished. We're eliminating the last of the bugs, mastering the music, and making last minute adjustments. An official trailer will be arriving very soon!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2019, 05:31:53 PM »
Sorry about the rar file problem you're not the first to report that. We will likely post an alternate link to the demo soon so you can play it.

Sweet, thanks  :D
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2019, 05:35:43 PM »
And here is another download link for anyone who had trouble with the first one. Thanks for your patience and support!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12kEnPYJpyjTGSb8DuFelUR2KEixLAa_H

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
I'm reading a book called Dracula: Prince of many Faces. I'd highly recommend this to others here as it not only goes into details about Bram Stoker's creation of the myth but also on the real life Prince.

I read through In Search of Dracula, which is by the same authors as the book you mentioned. That book definitely had an influence on my vision of Carpathian Night (formerly Wallachian Night). Would also recommend either book by those authors to Castlevania fans.

...also, this movie is awesome: https://youtu.be/VqbagKqtbAQ
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:57:34 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2019, 08:00:52 AM »
I won't rag on the game too much, but....
If you're going from one-man game creation machine to putting out full multiplatform releases, the quality and polish on your game should really reflect that. I can't just see your games from the "passion-project" lens anymore since they're becoming something bigger.

As it stands, the game still looks and feels like a 2010 flash game instead of a highly polished full release.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »
Finally got around to play this demo, I gotta admit that the animations and sprite work is better than their previous releases, my only critic could be the length of the stages, they feel kinda short.

I read through In Search of Dracula, which is by the same authors as the book you mentioned. That book definitely had an influence on my vision of Carpathian Night (formerly Wallachian Night).
What a tasteless comment, you have your own thread man.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »
Finally got around to play this demo, I gotta admit that the animations and sprite work is better than their previous releases, my only critic could be the length of the stages, they feel kinda short.

Dude, don't be a dick.  There was nothing tasteless at all there.  Its perfectly fine to make comment like that about games that are so similarly themed.  Your comment is the questionable one.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
+1
We are pleased to share with you the official trailer for Wallachia Reign of Dracula! Thank you to our teammates, family, friends & fans for the support! And thanks to SwordOrWhip. Elcin says blue is her favorite color!

Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2lIjip2LJM

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2019, 02:40:20 PM »
I just finished the demo twice and i can say that this is a great game. I can't wait for the full game!!! Keep up the great work guys!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
An unlockable Miriam outfit! Won't IGA be proud  :)

Offline Migami Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2019, 06:53:06 AM »
+1
Thank you!

Iga and Mana have had the full game for a while now and this was all planned with his blessings. Elcin is honored to dawn the blue to take on Drac! You have to earn it first though in the game!

Tags:

anything