Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 190141 times)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
Hey!! Excellent work!! This game its awesome,  :D congratulations!!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
Ok thanks...glad that you like it!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Shnast-Vania

• Awards
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
Hey I can't wait to play this. I have been watching this forum for like 2 years now. Is there a place I can download the game? Or is it still being tweaked? I wanted to beta test it but my registration didn't go through right away.

Keep up the good work you are making so many Vania fans happy!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
Hey Shnast. Well to be honest...we dont have a current demo. I have given Reiko, Eryson and i believe jop a dl for beta testing. I may consider at some point..to allow more beta testing. I still have to fix quite a few issues. Some solvable..some i'll need to lookk into. Sorry about any confusion! It's been a long while since the last demo..but alot has changed!

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
Hi Las!  :D Hey, I can send you a pm? it is rather a suggestion of sprites, since before you had commented about some skins, I have an idea, but maybe you've already thought of. thanks. ;D

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
Sure, defintly..im open for suggestions..i'll await your pm.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
Hey Las, it will send the message, but did not appear in messages sent, maybe to you appears, sorry for the delay

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »
Hey guys :D..it's been a while since i've had a chance to jump back to SCV3..but i think i may shift focus to this project now that quite a bit is accomplished on SCV..

Currently Jop and i are reworking some ideas as he's been very busy on the project as of late. Now that i've freed up a bit of time for it..i have been working on reworking some sprites...namely..Some of grants and sypha's animations.. I plan to add the sigil to sypha's spell moves( mentioned that some time back though)..now that i figured out how to add the code for it(thatks to simon's clock code). I'm trying some new animaions for grant currently. SO i'm busy at my friends getting suggestions and things of that nature.. He will have a similar look but be somewhat differnt..not exaclty sotn..more piraty i suppose. Now that i can stop animations with code(yeah i've finally learned that) I can also make death's boss scene have an closed curtain become open..for eye appeal. was considering it for SCV..but i prefer the balcony scene tehir.Just trying to spice it up!

..I still have to figure out how to get primtives to work(other than the chapel which is done courtesty of snidr)..sadly i have posted my problems at yoyo(gm forums) on a couple of occasions with no response(yes still trying mosaic loader)..so i'm not sure how to fix the issues yet.. I suppose it will take more research and fiddling.. I had some houses(not the block ones) but they are not very accurate yet..and though i discussed with Reiko some time back and had plans to  make ghosthip level into a 3d ship with kaxblastard's amazing model..but that will have to wait til i learn more(hopefully at some point if it's not too hugh). Overall i dont want to push too many primitives..but i had some neat ideas..At this rate though..i feel the best priorities for me area to finish out the levels and retweak soem sprites..then see where im at. After that..i may be forced to sit down with a scratch engine to learn code.....I am just hoping at that time..ill have more access to the internet..as my time on it has been rather limited.

As for levels..i do believe i left off at Warakiya..so i will be looking to rework that more in the coming month..When i complete..i'll post for critiques..
Either way..their are stillsome things needed to be fixed thanks the Eryson report! ..and i have to work out alot of bugs..some of which i now feel i can alter..but still theirs alot im not sure on.

I may have some stuff to critique at some point...i'll post more when it's available. I'm rather feelign a bit burnt out lately..so yeah i will still have my hands full with things too do.

Anyone who would like to add potential contributions,ideas,sprites...i'd prefer you pm myself,Jop or Reiko..thanks!

btw Dracula..you still never told me what traduci means..it sounds liek a dish of pasta...lol!

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2014, 08:55:17 PM »
hey Las man I meant to translate not Traduci jajaja sorry xD
by the way, i just starting on this vacations, I had much work  and school you know

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: December 12, 2014, 03:38:30 PM »
Oh hey..that's cool..i hope you enjoyed your vacation. Feel free to hit me up anytime!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
 ;)Hey guys..Merry Christmas and Happy Nears when it comes! Happy holidays...just figure i'd leave you with some footage Jop shot not long ago! And yeah their should be sound!

SCV3- CastlevaniaAlucard

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
;)Hey guys..Merry Christmas and Happy Nears when it comes! Happy holidays...just figure i'd leave you with some footage Jop shot not long ago! And yeah their should be sound!

SCV3- CastlevaniaAlucard

i have to say I'm loving them Trevor and Alucard sprites who ever made them hats off I'd love to play this can't wait till you get done great job

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #357 on: December 25, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »
The palette makes him look a bit too much like Gabe though.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: December 25, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »
oh man! pachislot alucard in moving ;D this great, great job, Job, xD and thanks for the video Las :'( xD lol ... by the way Job, how about a little glitter in her hair, you can use the middle tone hair color Alucard SOTN, only a recommendation...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:18:26 PM by Dracula »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
I'm happy to hear the Saturn version of "Dracula's Castle" in that video.

You really should standardize or at least stabilize your palettes, though.  You have hodgepodge elements from many CV games and sometimes they clash (like the Haunted Castle background with the tileset from other games, for example).  I think if you played around a little bit with the graphics 'levels' you can probably stabilize elements so that they at least resemble one another.

Characters still look like they're not standing properly, when on stairs, moving platforms, and other objects. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything