Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kirbs  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:47:00 AM »
is awesome. Kirby Super Star Ultra, that is. The few new sprites I've seen so far are kinda nifty. (Or is it all new? Doesn't really look like it to me.)

Not a fan of the redone, CGI cutscenes, though. The original cutscenes are way cooler. And WTF, another DS game that doesn't take the SNES button config and instead does the whole "B is action button, A is jump" fiasco. Great.

Still pretty cool, though. Mostly 'cos it's a fantastic game and it's wonderful to relive it. Worth making in the first place? I dunno. Updated Kirby Super Star. On my DS. Pretty cool. Box art is phenomenal.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Kirbs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »
I'm thoroughly enjoying my copy. It's so much fun, this was one of my favorite SNES games back in the day :3

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
In Reply To Both:

Soooooooo let's see:

1. DaBlob for Wii
2. Wario Land: Shake It for Wii
3. Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS

Yup... man, videogaming is an expensive hobby.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:16:33 AM »
In Reply To #3

Oh. Oh.

De Blob.

<3

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
de Blob looks pretty interesting. I may have to pick it up, though maybe later at a hopefully cheaper price.

I just can't decide which Kirby game is my favorite: Super Star of Dream Land 3. Or possibly Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land? Hard to decide.

I really love Squeak Squad, by the way. A lot of people tend to put it down, but I think it's well-made and fun.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
In Reply To #5

I liked Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.  A lot.
Played the living crap outta that game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »
Haven't gotten around to playing that yet. I wish buying GBA carts only cost like...$5.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:35 PM »
Sup guys.
I'm thinking about getting Super Star Ultra just so I can have a portable version of a personal favorite on hand. I've been busy myself with school, but I've been playing some games lately, in particular Megaman 9 and Super Mario RPG (virtual console).
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 01:30:25 AM »
Some of the new stuff is pretty cool. Playing as Meta Knight is awesome, but it's too bad they didn't take the time to design a whole new game for him. Instead you just play as him throughout all the levels of each game...which is kind of silly for the Great Cave Offensive and Milky Way Wishes levels, which emphasize exploration. Running through those stages as fast as you can is just kind of weird to me.

Oh, and The True Arena is a BITCH! I kept dying on the second to the last boss, but then finally succeeded but had half health left and died on the very final one and was so frustrated. But I fired it up immediately and went through and died a couple more times...but then I finally defeated the second to last boss, AND had a whole lot of health. To top it all off, there was a rock ability just before the final boss fight, which rendered my INVINCIBLE. The final boss fight took for-freaking-ever, but at least I finished it.

Got 100% but there's an open movie space. Apparently it's Video 00 or something, and I have to get it by beating Helper to Hero with every character.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 08:24:46 AM »
I snagged it for 30 bucks new in a lucked-out sale. I gotta say other re-issued games will be spoiled to have the crap they added in this. Took me forever to beat The TRUE Arena. MetaKnight mode is fun but waaaay too easy.

And beating Helper To Hero with all of them is gonna be tough. I've got 12 beaten. The other 8 absolutely SUCK.

Tags: