Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Movies that want to be Castlevania so bad, but can't.  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Movies that want to be Castlevania so bad, but can't.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
The Super Shredder scene from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze was loosely based on a level from Simon's Quest.

Where did you read this at? I tried Googling it, and couldn't find anything, nor do I see any resemblance to anything from Simon's Quest in that scene.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »
Dracula Untold, easily. My wife and I watched it last night (liked it quite a bit, btw), and this is practically Lords of Shadow: the Movie. Even the ending had some striking similarities.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
Dracula Untold, easily. My wife and I watched it last night (liked it quite a bit, btw), and this is practically Lords of Shadow: the Movie. Even the ending had some striking similarities.

I take that to mean
(click to show/hide)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 09:18:39 PM »
Exactly. And...
(click to show/hide)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »
I definitely agree with this on Dracula Untold.  It's basically LoS mashed up a bit with the old timeline, where Dracula is Vlad Tepes.  The ending scene in particular was very blatently taken from LoS, along with the hand of bats.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: