Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I do art... and now chiptunes too????  (Read 21163 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: October 24, 2014, 04:08:18 PM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 08:42:04 AM by BLOOD MONKEY »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
Re: ZeroSaberGreen's artwork (updated now and then)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »

30 minutes, MS Paint

UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:10:42 PM »
Nothing wrong with the old art  :)  I myself sometimes go back to my original works and it kinda gives me perspective on where I've been. Mega Man X is looking a little worse for wear.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with the old art  :)  I myself sometimes go back to my original works and it kinda gives me perspective on where I've been. Mega Man X is looking a little worse for wear.

Well, zero seems to be in better condition anyways :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Tru dat   :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 09:38:09 PM »

I should draw more. This was a warmup after not actually drawing for almost a year.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
That's not bad at all! Remember to just keep doing it and it'll get even better. It's all about practice and improving your technique  :D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 08:44:35 AM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
The Amazing Spiderman!  :D  Good job!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 02:27:50 AM »
YAY Spidey!
This is your best one so far, in my opinion.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 06:56:57 AM »
I'm back from the dead, again.

OC superhero, VOX.

Yes, I know I fucked the feet up again. It's like my trademark

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »
Awesome! Keep going  ;)

Yes, I know I fucked the feet up again. It's like my trademark

Eventually you'll get it. The bane in my art for the longest time was hands. They would always end up being too small. On small/distant characters it wasn't so bad. But if I was doing a close-up then the tiny hands were really noticeable  :P

You're feet on this image don't look as bad as I have seen in other works. Trust me on that. The left foot is really good and though I can see the issue with the forward right foot, it isn't all that bad. One of the things I do before inking and colouring is examine my pics; seeing what could use improvement and what needs a downright fixer-upper. My brother uses the mirror technique for doing his images. Supposedly seeing the image in the mirror will help you pin-point the errors in your work and allow you to make better decisions/judgements on corrections. Give it a shot if you find yourself struggling with something you can't put your finger on  :)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »

this is lineart for a project i'm using to try and get back into pixel art

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:29 PM »
Not bad either. The mid-section (the pelvic area) does need some corrections/fine tuning though. If you're having trouble with certain action-based posses then you can always try to find similar poses on the net (photos of people or other images) and see if helps you. But do keep going  ;)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 09:08:05 PM »

Part of a project for school. That is myself playing trombone.

Tags: