Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rosario + Vampire  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
The anime was complete shit. It really just threw the story out the window and went for 100% harem comedy.

The manga takes a little while to fully get it's plotline under way.

(click to show/hide)
TL;DR, the plot line finally really picks up once Tsukune is at the same level as the others and can hold his own amongst them.

The art style undergoes quite the shift from the beginning to the more recent chapters too. I mean really. it looked pretty cartoony and simple at first. Now? well now it kinda resembles deathnote a slight bit.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
Character development? In Rosario + Vampire? I'm going to give this series a shot again. I got volume 4 and 5 still laying around.

Offline muteKi

• \( •_•)_†
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
What I read of the manga I liked quite a bit. But then again I also liked the anime, and I don't think I could easily recommend it, given that was something I'd summarize as "To-LOVE-Ru but with restraint". Still, mindless sex comedy is usually just what the doctor ordered when it comes to de-stressing while sick and/or with finals.

I should go back to it at some point. I think I stopped when the site hosting it ran out of scanlation work.

(BTW is there a welcome thread? Didn't see one in here...)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »
I think there's an introduction thread somewhere in here.

So given all the input I conclude that a remake of the anime more true to the comic would be kick-ass. In the mean time I'm gonna see about getting my hands on the manga.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »
Wow... I'm surprised I haven't replied to this... I thought I did.

Have to agree that the anime is a piece of shit. Manga is soooo much better. And season 2 of the manga goes completely off from Season 1.

I like Mizore too... the shyness is cute.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
I love everything about this anime. The look, the atmosphere, the characters, and of course, the music.

The music of this series (the selection I made, that is) is up to this day one of the most listened albums ever in my life.

The second season, story-wise, was not as good as the first one, but it was also funny, and I laughed a lot with the chapter on which Yukari rescues a little dog under the rain.

But the manga had a lot better story than the anime, I must say that.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything