Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981484 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:35 PM »
Probably, but where's the fun in that?

Also, just got the following message.

Quote from: Totally Not IGA
The final quarter looms, Malphas the Mad. It is almost too late.

Voting period's almost over, perhaps?

EDIT: Got this one, too. I think there are subtle clues hidden in specific messages.
Quote from: Also Totally Not IGA
Of course you understand that this is not my final form. Two dimensions cannot hold me.

EDIT again:
Quote from: Most Assuredly Not IGA
The First Scroll - The last front in an ancient war stretches across the bodies of the innocent.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:12:29 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2015, 12:15:59 AM »
Haha, that's amusing. I just finished voting again (all whips of course) and was branded 'Ose the Outraged'.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »
I have been bestowed the title Dantalion the Dodgy of the Iron Flail Clan for my consistent voting on the whip.  :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2015, 12:27:45 AM »
Are the clans randomly assigned after a certain number of votes, or do they "upgrade" after even more consistent voting?

Because I've switched to sword to remove clan status a couple of times and gone back to whip, and I've gotten Bullwhip and Cat O' Nine Tails interchangeably. My name, Malphas the Mad, has remained constant, though.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2015, 12:31:00 AM »
Apperently you will "fight other clans for treasure". I guess they are planning on making this some kind of MMORPG?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2015, 12:33:33 AM »
Maybe. Or perhaps it'd be set up akin to Belmont's Revenge, in which you'd have to choose your clan at the start (if those who've voted aren't automatically given a clan with perks or something) and go ransack the castles of the rivaling clans, before a Big Bad shows up with his or her supercastle.

That'd be interesting.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:13 AM »
Are the clans randomly assigned after a certain number of votes, or do they "upgrade" after even more consistent voting?

Because I've switched to sword to remove clan status a couple of times and gone back to whip, and I've gotten Bullwhip and Cat O' Nine Tails interchangeably. My name, Malphas the Mad, has remained constant, though.

I don't know about the random assignments.

I, on the other hand, is consistent with the clan name even after using several different PCs with different IPs but the name changes each time. haha. I still like the first name I got. Astaroth the Analog. I like analog stuff.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2015, 12:39:41 AM »
Amy the Aggrieved from #ClanCatONineTails here!

cannot hold that much hype

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2015, 12:45:52 AM »
I don't know about the random assignments.

I, on the other hand, is consistent with the clan name even after using several different PCs with different IPs but the name changes each time. haha. I still like the first name I got. Astaroth the Analog. I like analog stuff.

Too much demon power for anything but analog. Or would it be *two much demon power for anything but asterlog?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2015, 12:51:58 AM »
Too much demon power for anything but analog. Or would it be *two much demon power for anything but asterlog?

hahahaha. Maybe analog as in "similar to something else" rather than the analog devices.

And a new message:
"The final quarter looms, Haures the Hapless. It is almost too late."

Another one:
"If you hope to win, you'll need to organize. If you hope to perish, you may do whatever you like."
= MMORPG?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:24:55 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Seere the Surreptitious of the Iron Flail clan here.

"If I gave you this weapon, what would you even do with it?"

Very...sexy things...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DonBorrelli

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2015, 01:56:33 AM »
+1
As much hyped I'm for this, I will actually love to see a revival of the most classic Castlevania style gameplay. I don't hate the Metroidvania games, but the direction the franchise took since SoTN wasn't particulary of my likeness.
Is Adventure Rebirth any good?, the original gameboy title is actually my favorite game of the series (Simon's Revenge being a close second)

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2015, 03:02:45 AM »
Those three items at the bottom - I saved the images. Their names are (left to right):

clancontract@2x.png
scroll1@2x.png
battleclock@2x.png

What the hell is the battle clock? As suggested by the scroll's file name, could there be more than one scroll?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:13:55 AM by AxeLord »
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2015, 03:19:34 AM »
Did you hover your cursor over the clock? Doing so with the scrolls grant messages, as the one I posted earlier. Maybe there'll be another cryptic clue as to its function?

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #329 on: May 05, 2015, 03:23:12 AM »
I can't. I'm on mobile. Dammit. Am I the only one with the clock?

EDIT: While I can't hover over it, tapping it yields the message: "this item is still in cooldown." Odd, since I don't recall initially using it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:27:49 AM by AxeLord »
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Tags: