Poll

What do you think is the hardest Classicvania ever?

Castlevania I (NES)
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Castlevania III (NES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES)
Haunted Castle (Arcade)
Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
Castlevania: Bloodlines (SG)

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hardest Classicvania Ever?  (Read 11204 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »
Akumajo Dracula (X68000).

I second this. It's harder than Adventure. I'm currently playing on the third loop.

Adventure Rebirth on hard with classic mode and one life is probably the hardest challenge I've attempted so far. I've yet to make it past stage 3.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
I second this. It's harder than Adventure. I'm currently playing on the third loop.

Adventure Rebirth on hard with classic mode and one life is probably the hardest challenge I've attempted so far. I've yet to make it past stage 3.
In one life? No way! It made me sweat really hard to get to Dracula using several continues, I could never do it in one life! The best I could do with one life is the same as you, I guess (beat 2 stages).
You must be a great player!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

I still haven't played ReBirth (or Judgement) because I don't have a Wii. Must be a pretty good game if you're using it as a challenge like that, hope I can get it before Nintendo pulls down their service.

X68000 and Legends are way more difficult than CV1 and Bloodlines.
I'd even say that Bloodlines is the easiest ClassicVania game.

Dunno, the sheer fact that you don't have infinite continues makes Bloodlines more frustrating if not actually more difficult to me. I'd say SCV4 is way easier in any case. I found Legends to be pretty easy to. But X68000 is one difficult mamma jamma no doubt about that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:30:19 PM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
I guess at first it can be frustrating, but once you learn it, even Very Hard Mode is beatable in 1 continue.
SCV4 too tends to get easy when you learn everything.

Rebirth in Hard and Classic Mode is something I'd recommend to every CV fan.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »
Actually, with one life I meant that you instantly have to restart a stage when you die, so no respawning at check points.  :P     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
Actually, with one life I meant that you instantly have to restart a stage when you die, so no respawning at check points.  :P     
Anyway, that's extremely difficult, I could never get pass Stage 5 in Hard Classic Mode without check points, so if you manage to beat it, that will be an awesome achievement, because not many people can do that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
The major problem in stage 5 is lack of time.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
It's been several years (at least 3 I think) since I really played Bloodlines. I wasn't as skilled or persistent a gamer in those days and I think I used cheats to get to some of the later stages. All this talk is making me want to hook up my Genesis and give it another try, legit this time.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
I'd like to do that with Circle of the Moon and once and for all beat that arena stage!
I thought Nagumo was talking about Rebirth in Hard Classic Mode.
At least, I was  :)
But no matter if Bloodlines is not very hard or in a less powerful console, it's still one of my all-time favourites together with Rebirth, Rondo and X68000.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
Well, I was talking about Rebirth in these last posts.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
Me too.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
Vampire Killer, Chronicles and CVA2 should be in this poll. My choice is a toss up between Vampire Killer and Haunted Castle. Both games are insanely difficulty with god awful controls and hit detection.  After that CVA is third which is another grueling experience.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:04:01 PM by knightmere »

Tags: