Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween! 2015!  (Read 6585 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: September 23, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »

It's the first day of Autumn so it's also time for the annual Halloween thread!
Feel free to post spooky game, movie and music playlists, recommendations and reviews. Costume ideas and progress/photos. Decoration or prop pickups and designs, and anything else that might strike your fancy. As long as it's related to that All Hallow's Eve that is almost upon us.

Previous Halloween threads:
2012 http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,5344.0.html

2013 http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6592.0.html

2014 http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,7501.0.html

woo 1700th post \o/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:46:55 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:18:29 AM »
I'll be doing the usual October Horrorthon and decorating the living room. Hoping to see a bunch of flicks I haven't before but also wanna show the girlfriend some of my favorites that she either hasn't seen or it's been a while since she's seen 'em. Some top "hasn't seen" movies are Black Sabbath and the Coffin Joe trilogy (esp. the first two)—really evocative of the Halloween atmosphere.

And I suppose I'll pick up my game of Costume Quest 2 that I started last year. It didn't come out on consoles until Halloween, which was a really poor choice, so I just hadn't felt like really playing it after the holiday had passed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:21:30 AM »
I'll also probably blast this a few times:

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:59:28 AM »
+1
I'll do the Belmont thing, whip the bricks in my living room and eat the sweet tasty pork chips that fall out.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
+1
I'll also probably blast this a few times:
Yeah Powerwolf came out with a new album recently, I'll probably give that a few spins through October to get in the mood though I haven't heard it yet. Should be good for Halloween given their previous work.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
+1
Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 9 has begun. Episode 1 is kind of a boring freestyle thing with Mike Matei. I understand not wanting to produce a voiceover review for all 31 days like in most years prior, but it's still a little bit of a drag. Maybe I'll warm up to the format more with future videos.

Episode 2 is a proper Monster Madness review: The Wasp Woman. Not a movie I'm familiar with, but I really like hearing James Rolfe talk about these older flicks I've never seen. They're not exactly my taste but I enjoy seeing clips and hearing about them.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »
As of late last night, here's what I've watched so far for October Horrorthon 2015 ("RW" designates a rewatch):

1. The People Under the Stairs - 7/10 RW
2. The Monster Squad - 7/10 RW
3. Frankenstein - 8/10 RW
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 9/10 RW
5. House of 1000 Corpses - 8/10 RW
6. 42nd Street Memories: The Rise and Fall of America's Most Notorious Street - 7/10
7. The Devil's Rejects - 7/10 RW
8. Night of the Living Dead (1990) - 8/10 RW
9. The Hills Have Eyes (2006) - 5/10 RW – this one's nowhere near as good as I remembered
10. Tombs of the Blind Dead (Spanish ver.) - 7/10
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »
+2
Jorge already officially won this year's Halloween by a land slide.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 09:07:31 PM »
+3
LOL UZO, is it because of this last weekend's HALLOWNARP 2K15 Party (NARP = "No Apparent Reason" Party) ?

I was ready to Whip It! (though you can also see the Axe, Dagger, Holy Water, and the boxart sword)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:18:26 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 09:28:45 AM »
Nice costume Jorge  :)

however I would have used an actual chain whip with a morning star bulb at its tip to help really sell the look. But that's just me. What you could do for the boomerang (if you don't already have it) is simply cut out a wooden cross, sand it down, and there you have it. The stop watch on the other hand might be a bit pricey depending on where you buy one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
Already got a Metal Cross Boomerang.  You can barely see it coming out from behind my head, as it's strapped to the same strap that the Dagger is on, only from the backside.

So on my backside, I am bearing a Cross.

As for the whip, I've held a real long-chain one with a flail at the end, but it would've been uncomfortable to carry that around, whereas the leather one neatly wraps in a circle and can be hung  on either the Sword Pommel or around my arm.

Trust me, the look was Sold.  Got a lot of compliments, that day. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:57:46 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »
+1
This is a costume I did years ago, but I may bring the Grim Rapper back this year with some improvements. I always did love the mask. (I'm the right-most one)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
Today I decorated the living room with some Halloween stuff. I also bought a small couldron in order to stuff it full with candy. I'm almost ready with carving my pumpkin. Halloween is really catching where I live, so I think that's really cool.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »
I love Halloween, but sadly aren't feeling up to much at the mo.  Still recoverig from a nasty chest infection that floored me a couple of weeks ago.  It's pobably going to end up with me watching the new episode of Seraph of the End, and Interview with the Vampire or Hocus Pocus.  I might end up reading.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
Went to a halloween party dressed as the man with no name.

I prepared a poncho similar to his from an old blanket, felt inspired and really put an effort into making it.

Unfortunately I totally forgot to to take pictures of the costume. Could take some if anyone's interested.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: