Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70847 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
Personally, the switch to Aquarius felt a bit jarring. Maybe switch to the Legends version of Bloody Tears instead for the extension?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:47:53 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2014, 05:23:48 PM »
There we go, definitely feels much more natural. Could also serve as a treat for the fans too, I suppose.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2014, 05:31:15 PM »
Got the sword slash to a point I'm comfortable with.

His hand placements need work, but the sword itself looks pretty good.

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »
Wow that looks really cool. Btw, I'm not sure if you mentioned this already, but what program are you using to make your game? Just curious.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »
Game Maker 8.0.

Also, and this is gonna sound retarded, I experimented with an idea I had - using vocals and SFX of Crispin Freeman in the Ultimate series (what copyright violations?) - in regards to Dracula's vocals, and since I already know exactly how I want the final battle to be, I came up with this...thing. Like it or hate it, it's a part of my creative process, so if it totally doesn't strike your fancy...I get it. I'm not apologizing, but I get it. Only things of notice are the first few seconds and the death scream at about 4:46.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2gdh12dda4d025s/Haunted_Castle_Final_Conflict.mp3

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »
Wow Dracula9! You really went the extra mile to produce a smooth sword swing! I'd like to see how you will handle the whip animations next!  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
And with this, all the subweapons (except the Laurel, which I may or may not put in) are done.

Also, studying Esco's HACKED engine for AI coding. Got a weaker version of his Beast Dracula up and running fairly well, as well as getting into the 3D functions with the blackhole. These two things can be considered Alpha, as I really only need to change up the AI and attacks and fiddle around with some art lock so that I'm not essentially stealing Esco's hard work. Credit's heading his way, naturally, but I'm super excited over this (despite the boss being piss-easy), so I couldn't wait until after art lock and AI change before posting about it.

Dracula-Beast Alpha Test

Also starting to get off my ass and get Simon's sheet done.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2014, 05:49:12 PM »
And with this, all the subweapons (except the Laurel, which I may or may not put in) are done.

Also, studying Esco's HACKED engine for AI coding. Got a weaker version of his Beast Dracula up and running fairly well, as well as getting into the 3D functions with the blackhole. These two things can be considered Alpha, as I really only need to change up the AI and attacks and fiddle around with some art lock so that I'm not essentially stealing Esco's hard work. Credit's heading his way, naturally, but I'm super excited over this (despite the boss being piss-easy), so I couldn't wait until after art lock and AI change before posting about it.

Dracula-Beast Alpha Test

Could you make a vid of all the sub weapon's in action?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »

Dracula-Beast Alpha Test

I'm really liking the final boss video despite the fact that it looks easy. I love the music for the final boss. It feels updated, but still fits for Haunted Castle.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Haunted Castle
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
Dracula9 this is really looking good. major kudos on the new sword swing animation. thats what i like to see in a game. new elements with good creative ideas and you my friend are very creative. keep up the great work.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Hey Dracula! The games looking really good so far. If you want, I could help with any weapon animations. The cross should stay going just straight across the screen. But it should have more of a natural throw, with power, like you would throw a ninja star. The whip animation also needs force behind it, that's why I don't like the animation style of CVChronicles or SCV4, because when they got to where the whip would hurt the enemy, they just... STOPPED. I have one that looks more like a Dracula X style attack. If you want it, PM me.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
That depends. Is the sprite Simon's X68 outfit?

Also, the cross WOULD go that fast, if the dagger didn't do that already. I could always replace the dagger with it, though...

AI updated.
Dracula Alpha 3

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »
Yes, it is. In fact, here is the animation. The Air-effect needs some work though. As for the cross, I think Simon * should throw it sideways, kinda like you would throw a ninja star.

*Also, when, or if, is there going to be a demo?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:39:08 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »
That depends. Is the sprite Simon's X68 outfit?

Also, the cross WOULD go that fast, if the dagger didn't do that already. I could always replace the dagger with it, though...

AI updated.
Dracula Alpha 3

Sick.

Beast needs more roaring sound effects and a screen shake with the stomp would help.

Other than that loving those charge attacks from the Beast!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: