Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283060 times)

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
+5
Hi  :) everybody here is a preview of Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2.
The game will contain original songs by JEFFREY MONTOYA.

It's now an exploration game with a map and a subscreen system.
The game starts in the remains of ancient Rome after the meeting with the pope in 1781.The main action takes place in France in the late XVIII century.
The opening level is quite linear but after that there will be a lot of exploration.
There are toons of features i cwon't explain now as a the AURA BLAST system. It's a system where Efrain charges  HOLY or Von Viltheim energy to unleash a special attack or support.Etc.. etc..
The truth is i need TRANSLATORS
-ITALIAN
-SPANISH
-GERMAN

MP me please if you are interested ;)

youtube video

some screenshots

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:51:23 AM by mig3 »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES 2 Early 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
+1
Oh my fucking God!!!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »
HOLY SHIT MIG IS BACK

Can you make a mode that supports 1600x900 and 1366x768? I always felt like my screen was a tad crunched in the first one.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 12:49:47 PM »
Wow, what a time to be alive  :D

This is looking awesome. I chuckled with Death's laughter lol
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
Wow, what a time to be alive, Bob.

#corrected
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »
Would pay for it day one, if it was a commercial game.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
Liking what I'm seeing so far.. Since it looks like all of the graphics are custom made you could probably change a few things, make this an entirely new IP, and monetize it. Food for thought! Looking forward to seeing more in the future though!

Some feedback after watching the video:
  • The new blood effects are a welcome addition, but when you kill enemies I'd suggest making it so the "gibs" that spawn after their death move more in the direction that you killed the from. Perhaps add some rotation to the "gibs" as well, it'd make it appear more natural.
  • Later in the video, the player appears to be walking downs stairs as if they were normal slopes. Thank you! This might not be a representation of the final game but I always found the Retro Castlevania-styled stairs to be such an archaic and dated design. Every time I watch a video of those stairs I think to myself "why didn't they make these slopes?!" Haha

Lastly, I'm curious which tool you're using to program this game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »
Reminds me of the arcade game Cadash! I'm gonna enjoy this when it comes out  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 05:49:23 PM »
Lastly, I'm curious which tool you're using to program this game.

I'm pretty sure he's using one of the C languages, not sure which IDE though.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »
I am more impressed by how quickly Mig get's his fan-games made with such great quality.

I thought he was basically a one man army?

He has numerous titles and then he makes new ones hella quick!

How is this possible?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:12:03 PM »
How is this possible?

It must be a passion of his. If you really love working on something then you keep at it and don't really care about anything else. And the next thing you know, you're done and you've moved onto the next project. Who knows? It could be a gift he has.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's using one of the C languages, not sure which IDE though.

Nope. Not last that I talked to him anyway.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
Hi! Thanks for the support.
The game is made with Fusion 2.5 from Clickteam. It's far from completion, the current purpose is to find translators.
I do not need to monetize it it's only for pleasure but i'm also on a project with Jeff Montoya wich will be saleable.
I do make the main work but the songs are a genuine work of JEFFREY MONTOYA.

I'm helped sometimes by my brother Francisco ( he made the main character's new design and the portrait in the subscreen). He is more known on the web as "Wonderboy bobi", he is also a great game maker. He is a great designer and he makes his own musics.

For exemple he has started to make this remake of Shadow of the beast

Well, As i said the main purpose is to find translators a Japanese one will be very welcomed  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I won't release a lot of videos maybe 1 or 2 trailers. the Second one will has the exact release date.
I don't want the players to play a game that he already knows because the whole game was shown in common work in progress videos.
I can  say that there will be a lot of exploration and puzzles.the main engine is ended at 95% i only need to make the game now  ;) 

I hope you will understand that i cannot be often glued in the posts otherwise i won't progress ;).

I'm going to see what i can do with the resolution Jop but there is a simple solution to put the game in Windowed and then strech the window.

Bye!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:12:02 AM by mig3 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
Hi! Thanks for the support.
The game is made with Fusion 2.5 from Clickteam. It's far from completion, the current purpose is to find translators.
I do not need to monetize it it's only for pleasure but i'm also on a project with Jeff Montoya wich will be saleable.
I do make the main work but the songs are a genuine work of JEFFREY MONTOYA.

I'm helped sometimes by my brother Francisco ( he made the main character's new design and the portrait in the subscreen). He is more known on the web as "Wonderboy bobi", he is also a great game maker. He is a great designer and he makes his own musics.

For exemple he has started to make this remake of Shadow of the beast

Well, As i said the main purpose is to find translators a Japanese one will be very welcomed  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I won't release a lot of videos maybe 1 or 2 trailers. the Second one will has the exact release date.
I don't want the players to play a game that he already knows because the whole game was shown in common work in progress videos.
I can  say that there will be a lot of exploration and puzzles.the main engine is ended at 95% i only need to make the game now  ;) 

I hope you will understand that i cannot be often glued in the posts otherwise i won't progress ;).

I'm going to see what i can do with the resolution Jop but there is a simple solution to put the game in Windowed and then strech the window.

Bye!

Wow! And it's being made with Fusion 2.5!

Are you going to release the source code after release?

Also Mig do you know anything about 3-D game design? (Just curious)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:37:29 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
I've been working with Mig for a long time now and let me just say that I've never met such an incredibly talented, dedicated, hard working and humble guy.

He's an absolute gift to the CV community and especially for fans like me who love the more challenging classic feel of CV.

It's an honor to be working with Mig and creating the OST for this game. I'm putting my heart and soul into it.

Konami might not be the folks to look to anymore for this type of Castlevania game.

Migami is where it's at. :-)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:58:24 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

anything