Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055585 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #615 on: March 25, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
Hi guys, no showcase for me this post, but a request:

I'm fleshing out some parts of the CVDungeon (the site) that don't have pages.  However, I do not have graphics to go alongside said pages.  We'll start with something small for now:

I need one snapshot from each stage from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.
Note: DO NOT search the internet for them.  I would like them to be new screenshots, not something that can be ripped off of Mr.P's or CVWikia or whatever.  New stuff.
It also needs to be in the proper resolution and in PNG format (no JPEGs or squished graphics).

This means that those of you with ROM Hack and/or Emulator tools are the ones I'm asking.

If this gets done, I'll ask for more stuff.  Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Jorge
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #616 on: March 25, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »

@Jorge

There are some issues with ooe on the emulators at the moment at least that is what happened to me. The latest version of desmume wouldn't play it properly anyways. I had an older version that I was playing the game on before that worked. If anyone is to do this they will need desmume version 0.9.6 and even then I cannot guarantee it will play all the way through. I wasn't able to get the flight glyph because it was impossible to grab it without falling on the emulator. Kind of like the dos magic seal they were really hard to use on the emulator using a mouse to draw them and that caused some frustration playing that game on an emulator. Grabbing glyphs in ooe seems to also have issues making a couple of the glyphs pretty much impossible to grab.

Anyways if anyone does attempt it those are some important things to keep in mind.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #617 on: March 25, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
No$GBA does screenshots if you press PrntScrn.
I can do these myself, but I did not want to have to play the entire game all over in order to do so.
I suppose the alternative is to provide me with a completed game's .SAV file.
I might need these for PoR as well.  There have been some contributions to the site in terms of stage descriptions, etc. but the pages look barren without images.
And I don't wanna be a tool and rip 'em off of other people's sites.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2012, 12:25:10 PM »
No$GBA does screenshots if you press PrntScrn.
I can do these myself, but I did not want to have to play the entire game all over in order to do so.
I suppose the alternative is to provide me with a completed game's .SAV file.
I might need these for PoR as well.  There have been some contributions to the site in terms of stage descriptions, etc. but the pages look barren without images.
And I don't wanna be a tool and rip 'em off of other people's sites.

POR I can do easily right now actually. I am almost 100% sure I have a completed game sitting here from the last run through it I did on desmume I think I also have a no$gba save that is complete can't remember.

ooe did not play through on no$gba last time I checked or it was really really bad if it did. Your best option for ooe is almost certainly going to be on desmume 0.9.6 which I can give you a copy of in either x86 or x64 if you need it. But like I said I haven't been able to play it through yet.

I was just pricing the ds collection I think I can get all 3 games new for like 60 bucks which I will probably be buying soon. When I get those in I can always get the screens you need with my nikon. If I shoot it properly it should be every bit as good as a screenshot once it gets cropped and sized. So if we have to I might be able to help out that way.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #619 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »
My take on Leon belmont..
Pretty happy with how it turned out..  :)
Wow, that's boss!
finally got my computer workin a month ago. lost ALL my files. gonna restart revamped alucard after i finish mathias.
Ever looked at disk digger? It found bout all my stuff in a hdd crash I had not too long ago. I think the full version was like 8 bucks or so...
POR I can do easily right now actually. I am almost 100% sure I have a completed game sitting here from the last run through it I did on desmume I think I also have a no$gba save that is complete can't remember.

ooe did not play through on no$gba last time I checked or it was really really bad if it did. Your best option for ooe is almost certainly going to be on desmume 0.9.6 which I can give you a copy of in either x86 or x64 if you need it. But like I said I haven't been able to play it through yet.

I was just pricing the ds collection I think I can get all 3 games new for like 60 bucks which I will probably be buying soon. When I get those in I can always get the screens you need with my nikon. If I shoot it properly it should be every bit as good as a screenshot once it gets cropped and sized. So if we have to I might be able to help out that way.
Did you ever get a chance to look at those PoR backgrounds for me?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:32:55 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #620 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
I have a request, if I could get a single frame of an AoS style Simon, in an outfit similar to this:
http://pilgrimjohn.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1iw56b
(not my art)
I don't expect this request to be fufilled, just putting it out there.

I got it done.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:00:54 PM by ronny14 »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #621 on: March 25, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
Did you ever get a chance to look at those PoR backgrounds for me?

Was it POR? You asked me about something a while back and some of my emulators won't run on my machine at the moment since I am using win8 cp but I do have good news! I am actually glad you reminded me by bringing this up. I did manage to get my haunted castle rom to work! I captured a bunch of the frames from the statue crumbling. I think there is enough if not all of the frames to remake it. So now that I am thinking of it I am going to go rip them up and put them in a sheet for you. :)

NOTE: I checked this is the complete animation. The first frame on the left is the normal state of the object the next frame forward are the break animation. It disappears after the last frame and the contents are shown be it a heart or whatever.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:35:42 PM by Corpsecrank »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #622 on: March 25, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »

Uhhhh no, that implies that they'd end up as a compressed picture (usually a Jpeg).  Thanks, though.
I'm specifically looking for either:
-OoE screencaps (from an emulator so that they have proper resolution and clarity) of every stage (just one per stage will do, usually a nice part of the stage).
OR
-a completed OoE save file (.sav, so that I can do it myself).

No$gba runs well enough on my system that the game is playable.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #623 on: March 25, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
Just the main game (I've only cleared Normal mode) or does it have to be a true 100% (Both Shanoa and Albus Hard mode Lv. 255 at 100% exploration rate, which would be quite a feat to accomplish)?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: March 25, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Uhhhh no, that implies that they'd end up as a compressed picture (usually a Jpeg).  Thanks, though.
I'm specifically looking for either:
-OoE screencaps (from an emulator so that they have proper resolution and clarity) of every stage (just one per stage will do, usually a nice part of the stage).
OR
-a completed OoE save file (.sav, so that I can do it myself).

No$gba runs well enough on my system that the game is playable.

No I don't think you understand my camera is not a point and click it's a dslr and I shoot in raw not some crap compressed type lol. I would clean it up in camera raw then save it out as a png it would be pretty nice quality actually.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: March 25, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »
@VladCT:
It doesn't have to be a perfect/100% game, just a game in which I can have Shanoa re-visit all the areas in order to take one screenshot.  I don't need Albus mode.

@Corpsecrank:
I appreciate the offer, but no matter how wonderful the RAW format of the images is, and no matter how much image manipulation you do, it will never be the same as one emulator 'perfect' screencap.  For example, you might catch a speck of dust on the screen, or a smudged screen might show up, etc.  With an emulator screencap, it'd be absolutely accurate, and small in size, to boot (only 256x192 I believe).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: March 25, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
Great, I should be able to get to my PC and upload the (No$GBA) save in a couple hours or so.
EDIT: Bleh, electricity's out. You might have to wait a little longer.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:19:20 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #627 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
I appreciate any help with this, thanks.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: March 26, 2012, 03:31:52 AM »
^^

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2012, 05:14:53 AM »
"You should Sign Up or Login to download this file"
:\
Why didn't you just attach it to a reply?
You must obey Da Rulez!

anything