Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Legends NES  (Read 45764 times)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »
Finally spruced up some stuff to release a video of Stage 3, Dora Woods :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJEubvRJGOk

The mist areas need to be frozen so they don't ruin the background  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Having a bit of trouble with the boss?  ;D

The forest looks good. I also liked how it delved into a cave of sorts.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »
Lol, wasn't taking it seriously  ;D

For the cave areas in the beginning part of the stage I am going to have someone place the cave background in there instead of the tree backgrounds.  I could have left it blank but filled it in so it didn't look bland :)

Scratch the original thought that I typed out.  Went back to see if the background would switch out in reVamp without bugging and it seems that I can set the first cave area with the actual back background sprites without worry.  Dunno why I can do that now as it once bugged out on me.  Plays just fine so don't need anyone to do that part.

Eh, such is life.  I'll leave the video up since that is alpha gameplay after all lol :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:17:22 AM by Sinis »

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2018, 01:51:12 PM »
An update to Legends NES VRC6 and its not a good one.

Here's a word from Sephirous, one of the wonderful people helping me on this project.

I looked into the door again and the best way to describe the problem is this,

Revamp doesn't work as well with the Japanese Version of CV3 that is does with the American Version.

So in some spots when a door is edited, Revamp shows it being edited and makes the according changes in the Rom but for some reason messing up the code so the door no longer works. Then when attempted to put it back, Revamp thinks it's putting it back but because the Rom got messed up the first time around it only corrupts it further doing absolutely nothing. Hence, The door is still missing. It may be due to the patching of the English Version or Revamp still has bugs in it. But the only way to fix this is to manually go into the coding and put the door back by hand. Which unfortunately at the moment my ASM knowledge isn't as great as I would like it to be.

Believe it or not, Most utilities with GUI are only interpretations or translations if you will of the hex values and such. This is for the user to know what is being edited in the Rom since most of us have no idea what hex digits represent on a huge sheet. Unfortunately this also creates times when the GUI may not be synced with the Rom and what we see in the Utility may be incorrect as the Rom no longer is being displayed correctly in the Utility. The Utility only assumes everything is where it needs to be when in fact the poor Rom is not.
Thus, Corruption and bugs.

What Sephirous has said is correct.  My suspicions are justified that reVamp is not 100% compatible with the Famicom version Akumajou Densetsu (can barely make it past Mad Forest without it screwing up now that I'm looking at  it.)  Upon getting as far as I previously did with my first ROM without the English patch (been blazing through this all day) that things become completely bugged.  I skipped ahead to the Causeway level and sure enough there is a similar problem in that part as well with a set of doors being in an area that doesn't belong in the first section making it four doors in the first room alone.  Rooms that have doors have two entry points via reVamp FYI for those reading.

With this in the spotlight, the same problems will arise with Vengeance on Hell 2 since I moved that to Akumajou Densetsu as well.  With much regret and irritation this has caused me I'm going to move Legends NES and VoH 2 back to the U.S version so I can move forward with both of these projects.  I'm not going to keep the idea of VRC6 conversion for the U.S version as that wasn't on my list to do for whoever helps program this stuff.

I'll start working Legends NES and update VoH 2 in a couple of weeks as the past few days has left me exhausted in just blazing through everything to get stuff caught up on Legends NES :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
That's kinda a bummer. Best of luck though.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »
Well, I've been talking to some people that I do stuff with for ROM hacks and I'm going to put Legends NES on  hold along with VoH 2.  Why I want to do this is due to the fact I do NOT want to let go of the VRC6 engine.  I'm going to search around for someone on the RHDN forums that can make an editor specifically for Akumajou Densetsu with extra stuff attached for in-depth editing along with music track inserting.

Again, and for the love of all Castlevania, my projects are NOT cancelled but on hold until the editor is out and bug free :)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2018, 03:46:26 AM »
Well, I've been talking to some people that I do stuff with for ROM hacks and I'm going to put Legends NES on  hold along with VoH 2.  Why I want to do this is due to the fact I do NOT want to let go of the VRC6 engine.  I'm going to search around for someone on the RHDN forums that can make an editor specifically for Akumajou Densetsu with extra stuff attached for in-depth editing along with music track inserting.

If that happens be sure to let me know. I wanted an editor for this a while ago myself but couldn't find one.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
I will let you know when one does come out as I'll be letting about 11 other people know of it as well :)

In the  meantime I'm working on another project.  I might make a thread of it here though not sure on how the mods like double threading here as I don't want to spam/clog up the works here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FI7h2vN3WU&t=3s

I have also decided to take up ASM programming lessons from stuff that I have found online.  Its extremely helpful as it shows me on how to actually do stuff visually as sometimes stuff from books don't cut it too well for me :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
Not knowing where the stairs actually are stirs up all sorts of rustled jimmies from me.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »
+1
Not knowing where the stairs actually are stirs up all sorts of rustled jimmies from me.

Stairs are probably going to be a thing in it as I'm gonna rebuild the project to accommodate this.

Scratch my previous words, I'm going to just go ahead with the 2A03 U.S version on both Legends NES and VoH 2.  No need to be selfish on my part so I'll finish stuff up though gonna work on those at a later date :)

I'm going to modify this message and let anyone willing to dig this far for this project read it.  I've cancelled Legends NES due to a lot of issues not being able to find anyone that can make an editor for Akumajou Densetsu.  I've recently inquired about getting someone to redo reVamp itself but got mod smacked.  I've also cancelled VoH 2 and VoH 3 due to these reasons as VoH 3 was going to be on Circle of the Moon.  All stuff relating to these projects will be used within Umbral Genesis.

I will no longer talk about Legends NES as I'm too irritated about it.  I'll use  my Sonia 8 bit sprite in something else.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:28:42 AM by Sinis »

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Legends NES (ROM Hack) [Revived]
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Necro-bumping my own thread.

Well, got some good news to share with the community.  This project is back on the table :)

An individual from the forums here (not using their name in case they don't want me to) has informed me that they know someone that can help out with making an Akumajou Densetsu editor.  Hoping in the future that I can get in contact with them so other features can be added though that's on the list for later and hopefully they are open to expanding the editor further to make it far superior to reVamp.  Seriously, there needs to be a newer program to do ROM hacks with since main majority of the others are old and/or outdated to where they are not updated that much anymore.

Anyway, back on track.  I'll be doing new sprites and everything for Legends NES since I did cannibalize some of them into Umbral, along with VoH 2, so when the time comes I'll post up something however I won't fully work on Legends NES until Umbral Genesis is 100% done so it could be up to half a year away depending on what bugs and glitches are ran in to.

So this leaves me in a spot.  I need someone or a group of people for volunteer work to help in making the VRC6 reference music for Legends NES and I'm not gonna lie, its a lot.  A lot of tracks need to be made still while others need to be redone some as nesfan is busy with Umbral Genesis soundtrack and can only work on that during the weekends.  I'm in a spot that I need someone, or a group of trusted individuals, that can  help me in modifying, creating and continuing work on the Legends NES soundtrack from a list that I have and, as said above, its a lot of work.  This also includes with testing around with Human voice converted over to VRC6 format for a few particular spots within the game.

Also need help with Vengeance on Hell II soundtrack as that is also in VRC6 though would like to put Legends NES more in front of the list.

I do have the FamiTracker sheets for both Legends NES and VoH II however I would like the fact that you would not share them with anyone except myself.  Whatever I post up over on my YouTube page and, in the future, website you will be credited for it along with in the game's credits section.

I know that I am asking a lot however I would like to find help, trustworthy help, that can volunteer in all of this.  I would love to have communication on a daily basis if possible because I've ran into people who tried to hold up work on my stuff, and Sephirous's CoA reboot, for ransom in wanting money to where they first agreed to volunteering to help.  Yeah...we've had people do that to us already.

So yeah, that's the gist of things.  Legends NES is back and in need of help with reference music done in FamiTracker so it can be used in the actual ROM itself.  Again, I have the FamiTracker sheet (done in the beta 5 version) so just need the help :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2018, 07:45:40 AM »
That would be beyond awesome!
My dream editor allows complete remapping of levels like the better Megaman editors out there.
It would also allow full editing of the map and paths, as well as rom expansion for additional stages.
Cherry on top would be a cut scene editor, a character editor, and a built-in hack to allow all partners to join and form a party.

Regardless, good luck on the Legends project!
It would be down right magical to have an NES port of that game.
(And maybe later on down the line it could be the basis for CVA and CVA2 hack as well?)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2018, 07:52:57 AM »
Gonna try my best to have a NES port of the game with new stuff.  Still going to do the rope climbing in it  :)

Remapping the levels might be difficult as one would have to do all of the levels from scratch since things are kind of stacked on top of one another in an odd way.  Been trying to get programmers to step forward to help tear apart the Castlevania NES games to see about getting new programs out or at least new features added to the 10+ year old programs with new technology and features.  Trying to get stuff similar to the Metroid NES hacking scene as Metroid has a ton of things going for it.  There's some things I have on a list that I'd like to have placed within the ROM hacking community for both Akumajou Densetsu and Castlevania 3 to make things easier to hack with, just gotta find the people who are dedicated into doing this  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
It's cool to know that you decided to have both stairs and ropes in the game :D  The two will help to bring in interesting ways of challenges for the player to progress the stages.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »
It's cool to know that you decided to have both stairs and ropes in the game :D  The two will help to bring in interesting ways of challenges for the player to progress the stages.

Would definitely be a milestone to get both working as I've come up with rooms to test one's determination and stamina check, all within reason of course since some rooms in the Castlevania games can be a load of BS to those not use to playing them all the time.  There is a fellow out there that did make a ROM hack that changed the ways the character interacts with the stairs by jumping onto them or dropping off like in the newer games so it would definitely add extra difficulty and creativity.  Just gotta wait patiently for the Akumajou Densetsu editor and the programmer to get to me :)