Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "footprint of God"  (Read 5490 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
Genesis 6:4

Giant Human Foot Print 200 Million Years Old In South Africa! "The Footprint Of God"

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
Like some of the commenters on the video were saying, it's possible that this just looks like a footprint by coincidence, i.e many years of erosion or whatever  producing it.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 01:48:37 AM »
That certainly is possible. But that really does look like a foot print. But then you could argue that someone sculpted it on purpose.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:33:27 AM »
There's some talk among Biblical scholars that references to 'giants' in the Bible don't actually men extremely tall men, but just really skilled or powerful warriors/kings.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
There's some talk among Biblical scholars that references to 'giants' in the Bible don't actually men extremely tall men, but just really skilled or powerful warriors/kings.

An Atlantian leaves behind his footprint.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »
To accept giants in the Bible means people would have to accept other parts of the Bible many churches refuse to acknowledge as true scripture. The whole story around the giants is heresy in many sects.

It's also possible God, the angels, and even giants were all just aliens who visited Earth long ago. I mean, Cthulhu has big feet, too.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »
A large number of things in most modern versions of the bible are horribly mistranslated from previous iteration. And that "footprint" only has 4 toes. Also, is that stone it's in shifted vertically? If it's not and the "footprint" is across the strata of the rock then it can't be a footprint unless the foot spent millions of years in the same spot.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
And that "footprint" only has 4 toes.

Actually I can see five toes. You have to look carefully at the left side. The four main toes are clearly visible however the overall shape of the footprint itself extends beyond to include the fifth toe.
To accept giants in the Bible means people would have to accept other parts of the Bible many churches refuse to acknowledge as true scripture.

The best way to read the whole bible would be to read the Jesus scrolls as they remain "uncontaminated" by Roman and Medieval church egocentrics and ideologies. The scrolls would also include the missing 44 volumes that were never included in the Bible as well.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
Actually I can see five toes. You have to look carefully at the left side. The four main toes are clearly visible however the overall shape of the footprint itself extends beyond to include the fifth toe.

I noticed. If that last indentation is the fifth toe then it's set higher on the foot than the rest of the toes which would be all kinds of wierd, anatomically speaking.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
I don't think human bone structure can be much larger than it already is. People with giantism have a lot of health problems due to the size of their organs and bones so I don't believe it's possible these giants, if they really existed, would've been so similar as to have footprints like ours.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
I have God's footprint. On my butt.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »
I have God's footprint. On my butt.

*Chuckle* Booted out of Heaven?

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »
Where is the other one? One possible footprint is fine but it seems that you would have two. Maybe he was stretching out his calf or hammy when a meteor struck. Don't people know the downside of stretching?

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:01:57 AM »
I noticed. If that last indentation is the fifth toe then it's set higher on the foot than the rest of the toes which would be all kinds of wierd, anatomically speaking.

This is stupid, the footprint... if anyone really thinks it's God's foot print they're an idiot. This is how crazy stuff happen, people looking too far into things... though ironically, I guess this is also how religions start.

I wouldn't say it's anatomically odd, I mean, the last toe doesn't go down as much as the rest of your foot when you stand or walk. Try it, stand up and feel your foot to the ground, the last toe isn't really as forced down as the rest is.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »
I wouldn't say it's anatomically odd, I mean, the last toe doesn't go down as much as the rest of your foot when you stand or walk. Try it, stand up and feel your foot to the ground, the last toe isn't really as forced down as the rest is.

This is very true. Your own center of gravity is more focused on the middle and inner parts of the feet which leaves the outer part almost free-floating (not literally but close enough). In fact I've tried to stand with more gravity forced on my outer feet and it feels kinda awkward.

Tags: nephilim