Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Varg Vikernes was arrested again  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
... Apparently for plotting a racist massacre.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71470

For those of you who don't know, Varg was the frontman of Norwegian Black Metal band Burzum and was convicted of murder of an other band member and church arson and was released after 15 years in jail (the Scandinavians are quite known for the softness of their penal system).
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
(the Scandinavians are quite known for the softness of their penal system).

That's quite a far cry from what they used to be like during the early middle ages.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »
(the Scandinavians are quite known for the softness of their penal system).

Oh, and that seems to work SO well as we see here.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Oh, and that seems to work SO well as we see here.

Well, my neck of the woods isn't technically Scandinavia, but our judicial system apes our mushy neighbors. And that system is in a grotesque state. You can get worse sentences by downloading movies and songs or evading taxes than by assaulting someone.

I'm  definitely not saying we should walk the American route. I'm saying there's a middle way. Of course the first step of justice is to prevent crime and uphold the law, not pass judgment. But we don't live in a perfect world and therefore sentences are a necessity. The sentences that are passed in my country slip further away from actual justice. It sends a disturbing message about the values of the powers that be. Or perhaps that even if there is a humane will amongst those who work for the system, they can't change the way things are. Either way, it is not good. It eats away morals, spreading fear and paranoia.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
+2
The Finnish system wasn't always so soft-handed. When Paskanaama Kilinvittu was convicted of casting black magic on turnips of the city of Pieni Kyrpä, he was sentenced to 30 days of having potatos thrown at him by the town widows after being forced to shave his beard, which is considered to be a grave insult in the Finland's primary religion, the Way of the Groke. This happened in 2011, mind you, so harsher penalties can still be restored.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
You crazy, beingthehero xD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »
+1
When Paskanaama Kilinvittu was convicted of casting black magic on turnips of the city of Pieni Kyrpä, he was sentenced to 30 days of having potatos thrown at him by the town widows

LMAO!!!!!!! ;D

But isn't that a waste of good potatoes?
I prefer the classic tar & feathers treatment myself.  ;)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:00:52 AM »
+1
Tar is a delicacy in Finland and feathers are needed to make arrows for our army's archers.

Tags:

anything