Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Megaman VS Megaman X series  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »
Although I really enjoyed the first couple of X games, the games quickly began to become bloated messes. This on top of the fact that the stages stopped feeling like actual stages and more just places for Capcom to hide some items before you got to the boss. Short areas, not many traps, and the theme of the stage was really a secondary consideration.

Between the two, I prefer the purity of the original series over the X series, and this coming from someone that has only ever managed to beat the games in the X series -- classic Mega is too hard for me to get through.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 02:28:26 AM »
What really hooked me to the franchise is X5. Like the transparent animated effect in the virus stages since was a kid and after the actual experience I love them even more now. Then after joining the TCRF research of the recently (2014) discovered beta prototype (May, 1st 2000) I found they cut and changed around a considerable amount of soundtracks for the retail, which gave me a shattered sadness...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:45:56 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
The classics, specifically the 6 on NES.  (I haven't played 9 and 10 on the the Wii, but they look fantastic!)  Even though I know it's one of the less popular classic titles, I think 6 is my favorite.  For the longest time, it was the only one my family owned so it was basically the only one I got to play.  I think I was in my mid teens when I found and bought copies of MM1, 2, and 3.

Maybe you think LP style videos are ridiculous, but I really enjoyed RhoamMythril's perfect runs of these titles on YouTube.  Psychedelic Eyeball also had some race videos that were pretty fun -- I wish I knew a good way to set up that kind of thing with some of my friends/cousins who used to play the MM1-6 titles with me.

Tags:

anything