Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania "Legacy" Compiliation  (Read 6135 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: May 21, 2020, 09:31:23 AM »
I got into a debate with a friend of my about the Castlevania 34 year legacy and Konami's lack of proper compilations when it comes to the franchise.

I am a proponent of Konami making either 1 multi disk containing the majority of titles, for a limited physical special edition release or a multi disk box set for hardcore fans of the franchise.

Obviously, the franchise is still popular, but their slot machines and microtransaction cell phone games leaves alot to be desired with fans. Also the lack of no true 2d follow up sequel to the IGA story-arc means any new Castlevania console release is in development hell.

Recently, there was the release of Caslevania Requiem and Konami didn't even use the opportunity to include Dracula X Chronicles for a digital console release. (Even though I own that title.)

There was The Castlevania Anniversary Collection which only contained 8 games. There are nearly 40 titles in the franchise and numerous 2D titles that could have been converted from portables to digital releases. It's infuriating and these "compilations" all seem like Konami is just bastardizing the Castlevania franchise into quick money grabs. Yet they will use millions on brand new 3D models and CGI for slot machine games?!

With brand new consoles on the horizon again, I believe that physical and digital releases have got to the point where storage size has become less significant. I am fairly confident at the minimum Konami could put ALL the 2D Castlevania games into 1 compilation disk with trophy's, art, digital manuals, commercials etc. for a proper Legacy Pack. I think this has been long overdue.

I am curious if you could build your own compilation disk of any Castlevania title from any system into one or a multi disk set what would they be. Please list them below.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:33:16 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »
Konami sits on gold but will prefer to release SotN for Samsung fridges or Pachislot 6 before we see a second Collection with Metroidvanias.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »
Konami sits on gold but will prefer to release SotN for Samsung fridges or Pachislot 6 before we see a second Collection with Metroidvanias.
This is all facts.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
Personally I would release every CV title, both English and Japanese versions, into a single compilation. It would be all the games from the classic series, the IGAvania series, as well games made during IGA's time that he wasn't part of. The only ones I'd leave out are the slot games as those to me aren't castlevania. An extra disc would be for all the extra stuff (artwork, storyboard, etc.). And another set of discs containing the soundtracks of all the games plus enhanced versions of older tracks from the Gameboy, Advance, NES, SNES, and Genesis titles. It would be a CV fan smorgasbord. The only other games I'd leave out would be the Mercurysteam titles.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:42:26 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:08 PM »
+1

I for one wish to see Pachislot 6.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 02:01:28 AM »
I for one wish to see Pachislot 6.

Why am I not surprised.  :P

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 01:17:56 PM »
I’m all for  volume 2 of the Anniversary collection (might need a new name unless they wait for the next anniversary).  Basically, just the next 8 games, following whatever criteria they deem best.  Though if we end up getting yet another sotn port, they should take the time to make it worth our while and include the saturn version localized.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:19:41 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »
At The very minimum I would like a compilation disk of the IGA Timeline:

1094 – Lament of Innocence

1476 – Dracula's Curse

1479 – Curse of Darkness

1576 – The Adventure / The Adventure ReBirth

1591 – Belmont's Revenge

1691 – Castlevania / Chronicles

1698 – Simon's Quest

1748 – Harmony of Dissonance

1792 – Rondo of Blood / The Dracula X Chronicles

1797 – Symphony of the Night

18?? – Order of Ecclesia

1897 – Dracula

1917 – Bloodlines

1944 – Portrait of Ruin

2035 – Aria of Sorrow

2036 – Dawn of Sorrow

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 08:10:00 AM »
@Darkmanx Technically Kid Dracula is also on this timeline, as Galamoth from SOTN travelled back from this era. Since Castlevania Collection has quite a lot of the 2d games already, the sensible thing would be for Konami to do a 3D Castlevania Collection instead. I for one would prefer they included the non-Iga games if it meant we could play CV64 and LOD.

I genuinely believe that at some stage there will be a handheld CV Collection with GBA + DS titles. If we count Requiem, Collection & potentially Collecton 2, this then completes a Collection Trilogy.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
IGA did make Kid Dracula a part of the CV timeline, however I feel it didn't make sense to do-so. Sure we have Galamoth in there as well as some of the other enemies that eventually ended up in SotN, but that still doesn't give it the kind of clout needed to fit into CV seamlessly. Kid Dracula was made as an SD spoof of CV and it was not to be taken as serious/literal as the CV series was. Kid Dracula was cute for what it was but I don't see it as being part of the CV timeline. Though others will argue otherwise It just doesn't work in my mind.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »
@Darkmanx Technically Kid Dracula is also on this timeline, as Galamoth from SOTN travelled back from this era. Since Castlevania Collection has quite a lot of the 2d games already, the sensible thing would be for Konami to do a 3D Castlevania Collection instead. I for one would prefer they included the non-Iga games if it meant we could play CV64 and LOD.

I genuinely believe that at some stage there will be a handheld CV Collection with GBA + DS titles. If we count Requiem, Collection & potentially Collecton 2, this then completes a Collection Trilogy.

That why I also suggested a multi disk box set. Maybe the 2-D versions on disk 1 and the 3-D versions on disk 2?

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
Lol... Galamoth being present does not make kid Dracula canon any more than any of the other recurring characters.  What are you guys even talking about?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 06:15:41 PM »
Lol... Galamoth being present does not make kid Dracula canon any more than any of the other recurring characters.  What are you guys even talking about?

Why don’t you use your own rationale rather than “It ain’t canon cuz I sayz it ain’t.... Lulz”

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:49 PM »
That why I also suggested a multi disk box set. Maybe the 2-D versions on disk 1 and the 3-D versions on disk 2?

Much as I’d love this Konami are so lazy that with Requiem they used PSX Rondo’s art style but didn’t bother including Rondo’s latest 2.5d version which came with DX Chronicles.

They’re grubs our for cash grabs, so I’m being a realist. If there were to be two disks, the likelihood is they’d release two separate entries.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 09:59:06 AM »
Much as I’d love this Konami are so lazy that with Requiem they used PSX Rondo’s art style but didn’t bother including Rondo’s latest 2.5d version which came with DX Chronicles.

They’re grubs our for cash grabs, so I’m being a realist. If there were to be two disks, the likelihood is they’d release two separate entries.

That is if we do get any type of other compilations...

Tags: