Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192099 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #750 on: November 09, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »
seraph's a woman

There's no gender motif on TatteredSeraph's profile so maybe Guy Belmont couldn't tell. But then again 'Queen of the Damned' could also be a dead giveaway. I don't know  :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #751 on: November 09, 2018, 09:34:27 AM »
Not sure if I need spoilers for discussing a fan theory about Grant, but since it involves the end of the season, I will just in case.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:47:57 PM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #752 on: November 09, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #753 on: November 09, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
Yo, so this show already has excessive gore and the fuckity-fuck word thrown about every episode, so why aren't there rockin' bosoms to fill the quota of things angsty 12-year-old boys think are cool?

'Cos I want naked boobies.

Grant woulda been neat 'cos having him hop around clinging to walls and ceilings and throwing daggers woulda been super cool for the action scenes. Aside from that, his absence doesn't affect the story any, IMO.

For all the dumb things this show does, it's overall a lot of fun and I dig it.

Also, "Bloody Tears" was cool, but I don't really know how this show could add in more songs from the games without it coming off really fanservicey and totally stupid, though that's just my opinion I guess, WOOOOOOOO.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #754 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »
Also, "Bloody Tears" was cool, but I don't really know how this show could add in more songs from the games without it coming off really fanservicey and totally stupid, though that's just my opinion I guess, WOOOOOOOO.

honestly?

by using tracks that aren't so universally famous even casual fans and nonfans know them

'cause i'll betcha hearing abandoned pit in an underground area wouldn't feel overly fanservicey and cheap like slamming VK every major battle hypothetically would

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #755 on: November 10, 2018, 10:07:14 AM »
despite
>kotaku
*spit*
that was a fairly interesting interview to get a little bit inside Adi's head.

I like the dude, and I wish he'd get more Hollywood work. he's what happens when you take a kid who grew up on 80's and 90's Action movie reruns and give him power.

His answer on Grant seems a bit of a generic way of saying "we didnt feel like including him, but he's out there, you just dont see him!!!" That said, the idea that one of the guys killed by Isaac might be Grant, isnt a bad theory. And can create some character development, as with the shoe on the other foot, he repents for what he's done in the past and becomes a "good guy".

Hell, it'd be a better take than his mirror of Fate cameo
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #756 on: November 11, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »
There's no gender motif on TatteredSeraph's profile so maybe Guy Belmont couldn't tell. But then again 'Queen of the Damned' could also be a dead giveaway. I don't know  :-\

It's also not like I've never said im a woman.  The QotD title tag does indeed give it away as well.

As for Guy - you say you don't care and try passing it off as a Trevor quote.  Im willing to bet you'd be up in arms sulking if you got called a woman, or daughter.  Saying you don't care comes across as rather sexist quite frankly.  As Sypha said, 'He's rude’.  I do not appreciate being card a man, as it is hardly a gender neutral thing to call someone 'don't.  Please don't call me that again. 

As for the Morningstar reasoning and the themes relating to religion and other hints in the thematic of the series as well as just being a game reference, I'm more willing to bet that Warren called the whip that as a non religious reasoning first but the religious subtext would likely be amusingly ironic.  There are different ways and layers the name can be read and reasoned, but it would surprise me if the religious reasoning was the first one.  Maybe ask Sam Deats or Warren Ellis on social Media?  Or ask Adi Shankar.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:34:12 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #757 on: November 11, 2018, 10:20:36 AM »
It's also not like I've never said im a woman.  The QotD title tag does indeed give it away as well.

As for Guy - you say you don't care and try passing it off as a Trevor quote.  Im willing to bet you'd be up in arms sulking if you got called a woman, or daughter.  Saying you don't care comes across as rather sexist quite frankly.  As Sypha said, 'He's rude’.  I do not appreciate being card a man, as it is hardly a gender neutral thing to call someone 'don't.  Please don't call me that again. 

As for the Morningstar reasoning and the themes relating to religion and other hints in the thematic of the series as well as just being a game reference, I'm more willing to bet that Warren called the whip that as a non religious reasoning first but the religious subtext would likely be amusingly ironic.  There are different ways and layers the name can be read and reasoned, but it would surprise me if the religious reasoning was the first one.  Maybe ask Sam Deats or Warren Ellis on social Media?  Or ask Adi Shankar.

I have very blonde hair its about down to my shoulders , and still to this day I get called love or girl. And guess what it really doesn't bother me, its just one if those things. So no I'm not up in arms about it. it happens so much one just gets used to it.

And if you really cared about this then have your gender Icon up.  As so this does not  happen to you again, as being called queen of the dammed is not really a good guide as I known men who have that sort thing up.

And i talk to you as i talk to any person. So grow up.

As for the for the whip, again i Think it be hard to miss, it was the first thing i thought of.

Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #758 on: November 11, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
Grow up?  I honestly think here that it’s you who needs to grow up here considering how rude you’ve been in reply to anyone who’s pointed out that I’m not a bloke, rather than do the polite thing and apologise.  You are being sexist here.

Mods, apologies that this has ended up derailing the thread.  However, attitudes like that I will call out, as much as I’m not in the mood for an arguement.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #759 on: November 11, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »
Grow up?  I honestly think here that it’s you who needs to grow up here considering how rude you’ve been in reply to anyone who’s pointed out that I’m not a bloke, rather than do the polite thing and apologise.  You are being sexist here.

Mods, apologies that this has ended up derailing the thread.  However, attitudes like that I will call out, as much as I’m not in the mood for an arguement.

Don't see how I'm being sexist, treating you as I treat anyone. Its your problem not mine, I got your sex wrong, deal with it and its happened to me, its happen to every one once in there life, now  act your age and let this go.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #760 on: November 11, 2018, 12:30:52 PM »
It’s your rude dismissal and lack of care when it was pointed out that you labelled me as a bloke, then had it pointed out that I’m not.  That’s pretty sexist.  Calling you out on that is hardly immature.  You were rude in your reply when I asked please don’t call me ‘son’, when the decent, and mature thing for you to have done would have been for you to say a simple ‘I’m sorry’. 

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #761 on: November 11, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
It’s your rude dismissal and lack of care when it was pointed out that you labelled me as a bloke, then had it pointed out that I’m not.  That’s pretty sexist.  Calling you out on that is hardly immature.  You were rude in your reply when I asked please don’t call me ‘son’, when the decent, and mature thing for you to have done would have been for you to say a simple ‘I’m sorry’.

That's not sexist, if I thought someone was women and they were in fact a man and it played out my just like this has, my

attitude would still be the same  grow up and get over it.
And If you care so much about being missed identified  then bloody put your gender icon on. I own you no Apologies. Again this is your prob no move on and lets get back to topic.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #762 on: November 11, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »
That's not sexist, if I thought someone was women and they were in fact a man and it played out my just like this has, my

attitude would still be the same  grow up and get over it.
And If you care so much about being missed identified  then bloody put your gender icon on. I own you no Apologies. Again this is your prob no move on and lets get back to topic.

Well thinking it over , I did come off a bit hard, so

I'm  Very sorry for mistaking you for a man and calling you son.  I hope you can expect  my Apologie
Sorry just saw I Double posted.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #763 on: November 11, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
Thank you.  It was that lack of apology, saying I don’t care that I made a mistake when others pointed it out, which is what came across as rather sexist.  It’s a case of check your male privilege.  Not only that, it was just plain rude.  Thank you for apologising though now, I accept it.

Now, let’s just return to what we’re here for, which is to discuss Castlevania.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:30:32 AM by TatteredSeraph »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: November 11, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
 :'( This brought a tear to my eyes...
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything