Seth Gecko
0 (0%)
Simon Belmont
5 (45.5%)
Hellsing
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 04:28:11 PM

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your Favorite Vampire Hunter  (Read 4006 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: August 15, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
I am just curious to see who people think is their favorite. Picks, like Van Helsing, Buffy, etc. include all their incarnations. If there is anyone up there I missed let me know!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:20 PM »
D. Always D.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
D. Dude can get a blowjob whenever he masturbates. Plus he's one of the forefathers of the Belmont legacy.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
From given options, Alucard. Without a doubt.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
D. Dude can get a blowjob whenever he masturbates. Plus he's one of the forefathers of the Belmont legacy.

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  :-X

The talking hand thing is really f**ked up though.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:56:50 PM »
Plus he's one of the forefathers of the Belmont legacy.

But the Vampire Hunter D series takes place around 12,000 AD. How can he be a forefather of the Belmonts? Even assuming he was born from the Sacred Ancestor (Dracula) long before the timeline's events or the implied nuclear holocaust of 1999 (DCW wut), it would still not coincide with the earlier generations of Belmonts. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little rusty of VHD's timeline (25 novels AND a manga AND several movies?).

Quote from: Mooning Freddy
EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  :-X

The talking hand thing is really f**ked up though.

Pardon you, sirrah, but Left Hand is awesome.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »
Mine's Simon Belmont. He was the first time I had ever heard the term Vampire hunter, and was the first to appear in my favorite franchise.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:45 AM »
From given options, Alucard. Without a doubt.

Yup, ditto.  ;D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
Why are there different listings for "Abraham Van Helsing" and "Helsing"? Is that for just any member of the Helsing family, or did you mean "Hellsing" as a composite for all of the hunters in that series? (Dracula/Alucard, Seras "Policegirl" Victoria, Father Alexander "Dust to Dust" Anderson, Walter "Angel of Death" Dolnez etc.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:09:13 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Alucard from SOTN isnt even a vampire hunter IMO, since he only hunts his father and let another vampires that doesnt attack him alone. So I will vote in Simon (I wanted a Juste option)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »
So did I.
I would have voted for Juste if the option were available.
And there's plenty of CV favourites, anyway.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:12 AM »
Why are there different listings for "Abraham Van Helsing" and "Helsing"? Is that for just any member of the Helsing family, or did you mean "Hellsing" as a composite for all of the hunters in that series? (Dracula/Alucard, Seras "Policegirl" Victoria, Father Alexander "Dust to Dust" Anderson, Walter "Angel of Death" Dolnez etc.)

I believe he meant the manga / anime called "Hellsing" , or Gabriel van Helsing, from the movie "Van Helsing", who is also a cool character.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Helsing_%28film%29
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
I believe he meant the manga / anime called "Hellsing" , or Gabriel van Helsing, from the movie "Van Helsing", who is also a cool character.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Helsing_%28film%29
Yeah Hellsing is the series I was referring to at the end of my post with all of those Vampire Hunters. There are six characters who are named/have speaking roles in that series that could be un-disputably called "Vampire Hunters". Three for the Hellsing Organization and three for the Catholic Church, with one of those being a double agent for the Nazi-Vampire organization "Millennium". There are more characters who don't hunt vampires themselves per se (like the "Wild Geese" mercenaries or Integra Hellsing) but could be seen as Vampire hunters in a way. Plus dozens of unnamed vampire hunters like the Priests in the Catholic order of Iscariot.

And it's been so many years since I watched the movie Van Helsing that I forgot Hugh Jackman's character was called Gabriel instead of Abraham lol.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 06:30:43 AM »
You would be right. Fixed!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: