Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!  (Read 55283 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »
+3
The man, the myth, the legend.

He's back, baby. And he's back with a vengeance.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

I think the video speaks for itself.

It's got my wallet.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
Reads the title "Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!"...

Woohoo Megaman! :P

edit: WTF?! The kickstarter counter updates in real-time?! Its changing very fast, for sure it will be backed if its continue like that (1k for each 20 seconds).

Megaman meets Metal Gear Solid 1:

Please Flame, where you've discovered these news?

It seems that he will use a system to gain new powers like in Brave Fencer Musashi, that is very cool.

“Tommy’s brother heard if you magnet his missile back at him and pause the game right when it hits, he loses all his health down to one!” (Note: Also False. Probably.)

LOL at this Megaman 1 reference.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:50:57 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
On /V/

/V/ is in full fucking Happening mode.

Because seriously, look at that counter.

In what, 30 minutes, it's already at 100K. imagine in 30 days.

Also, just check the link in the first post. it goes to the project's kickstarter page, complete with the total description and Inafune's video proposal.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 06:57:13 PM »
I've not seem the video yet, Im reading the page and Im almost crying like a baby here. This will make sauces and be a innovation, I know this with my heart.

At 4:36 you can see a robot with a scissor in his head, seems to be a Cutman homage.

Also they are called Beck and Call (Beck n Call like Rock n Roll)

beck 1  (bk)
n.
A gesture of beckoning or summons.
Idiom:
at (someone's) beck and call
Ready to comply with any wish or command.

I think its to show the real spirit of the game, since they plan to do it together with the community like Legends 3 (damn you Capcom!).

This reward got my attention:
Congratulations—you’ll get access to a secret, SUPER (in all-caps) exclusive, backer-only transformation for Beck, and whatever power comes with it! It won’t be anything that will affect the game balance, of course, but the guiding principle is “something cool-looking that hardcore fans will appreciate.”
Someone else thinks its a arm-cannon that can be charged? Or a metool helmet (these helmets arent Capcom exclusive after all, they are common in Japan)?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:30:47 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
I spotted this on Kotaku a while back.
I LOVE the pitch he does.

-He's wearing blue.  He puts on the cap on the top of the building (MM2)
-Construction worker is wearing a Metool Hard Hat (MM1)
-A blonde girl passes him on the street, she's walking a red poodle (MM3)
-At the end of the video, the cap is left on the park, city in the background (MM2)

Sooooo awesome.  Will donate as soon as I've got some cash to give.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:26:12 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
Totally putting in $20 when I get the chance

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Totally pledging for this!! Lets see what I can muster up. $60, at the least. Though, I really want that art book!

I read some posts at NeoGAF saying it's a total ripoff of Mega Man. Y'know, there's nothing wrong with that. Capcom's not doing anything with the franchise. Besides, I'm up for a 2D action platformer about cute robots and such! Look at the Giana Sisters. They started off as a BIG ripoff of Mario, but now, their recent game particularly(which was also funded via KickStarter) is awesome(and far different than anything Mario). There's room for other games of similar styles. Kinda like in horror movies, just because there's Jason Voorhees and Friday the 13th doesn't mean I close my mind to other slashers. I mean, hell, a lot of the ripoffs, like My Bloody Valentine, The Burning, and The Prowler were pretty damn good!

Bring it on, Inafune! ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:09 PM »
Y'know, I'd kinda like to see some fanart showing Beck being "born" from Mega Man's "ashes", kinda like a phoenix being reborn, but less of a rebirth and more of an instant reincarnation.
Anyway, I've mentioned before somewhere else that I lack the means to back it, but at the rate it's going it's as good as funded anyway.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
Yeah, its at $162,178 and continues to increase.

I read some posts at NeoGAF saying it's a total ripoff of Mega Man. Y'know, there's nothing wrong with that. Capcom's not doing anything with the franchise.

Really, nothing wrong with it, its obvious that he wanted to make a new Megaman game, but since he cant do it he created a new one. Its really funny to hear these guys calling it a ripoff when its clearly intended to be one and its being made by one of the original creators. Its like calling a Nintendo DS a Game & Watch ripoff.

edit: $168,632, its almost impossible to give the correct number since I write it here and it changes at the same time.

edit2: OMFG call me a retard for going this far looking for fanart and doubting the interwebz skillz, but rule34 of this already exists and have been added 3 hours ago (its from Call), its a new record.

edit3: found a good one for the purpose I wanted, use as a sig :P

I will try to color it.

mightyno9.com sends you to the kickstarter page, neat.

edit3: $199,945, its almost reaching 200k in only what, 4 hours? Forget it, $200,244 already. Im wondering it will be funded totally today or until tomorrow.

Lets see... 200k for each 4 hours, so in 20 hours it can reach 1kk if everything continues like it is now. But if we take in account that the news didnt even had time to spread enough yet, it willl take less than this,

edit4: Now this is really interesting, a tumblr page acting as a fundraiser. You donate for the Kickstarter, take a printscreen and then send to them, so they will draw anything related (Mighty No. 9, Megaman Classic, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman ZX, Megaman Battle Network, Megaman Star Force, or Megaman Legends/Dash.  All other requests will be denied.) for you.

http://stephodell.tumblr.com/

So this will be one of the main sources for fanart for now. There is a sample from 16 minutes ago:

(click to show/hide)

LOL at this comic: http://fostersffff.tumblr.com/post/59932160189/if-you-dont-think-mighty-no-9-is-the-tightest

DragonSlayr81... you are MagnaderAlpha in NeoGAF?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:10:52 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »
Might be the first kickstarter I ever back.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
$10,000 can land you Dinner with the man himself!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »
DragonSlayr81... you are MagnaderAlpha in NeoGAF?
I actually don't have a NeoGAF account yet. I've been wanting one for a while, but I only use free email services. Even though I'm not a member, I DO buzz around it, if anything, for the scoops and gossip. Oddly enough, there's a few familiar names I see here posting over there!

I did get the point from Magnader(about the Giana Sisters, which I actually purchased recently on PSN), though. I think it's the same guy I once knew at the old Final Fantasy Online(he had a similar name from some Chrono Trigger fanfic he once did). I think he also posts on Gamefaqs. For those who used to frequent FFO boards, I was Gaia Lanzer(for the longest time, I had an avatar of Zeikfried of Wild Arms). ;)

Anywho, the gifts are really tempting. A part of me wants to pledge enough to get the hardcover artbook. There's time, I have to think about it. It's all for a good cause!!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 12:48:58 AM »
Gives me a bit of a chub, though I absolutely despise that the console stretch goal is $2.5 million. This won't be nearly as special to me if I'm playing on PC.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 04:36:32 AM »
I'm glad he's back. I like the video he made, and I like his humble attitude.
The only thing I'm wondering is my most common fear in games: the music.
I'm afraid that outside of Capcom music will fail (in other words, I think we'll be getting tunes more in the vein of newer Megaman games, and nothing like the NES/MM7/9/10 tunes... and some of the X were good too).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:42:08 AM »
But they have the lady who did the music (and SFX) for the first Mega Man.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything