Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Explain your avatars and user names, signatures...  (Read 11705 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Explain your avatars and user names, signatures...
« on: May 26, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
Just for fun, so that everyone can know what's behind each other's avatars and user names, signatures...
My user name, as I said on another topic that gave me the idea to make this one, is from a manga character named Pfil, who is a fairy, and who is also my avatar.
My signature is a fragment from a poem I wrote, already posted on Fan Stuff some time ago, and my phrase is a line from Charlotte, from Portrait of Ruin.
Have fun!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Explain your avatars and user names, signatures...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
+1
Good ole Joshua from the Sega Genesis gem (seriously this is one of the Genesis' best games and yet seemingly none have heard of it) Shadowrun, with his Street Samurai class (note the larger muscles, gun, and hand-razors cyberware). I ripped the pic myself :D
It's a sad testament that a game (as of now 1 of only 4 Shadowrun games) released in 1994 (nearly 20 years ago) is STILL the best videogame representation of Shadowrun despite 80 billion D&D games being out there. By the way I do NOT hate D&D (in fact I heartily enjoyed stuff like BG, IWD, NWN, and even the PS2 BG:DA series) I just cannot fathom why so few SR games exist.
And my signature is self-explanatory. I USED to run with Zero's taunt from MMX2 ("You should have studied the blueprints closer Sigma; there is only 1 Zero!") but without a Zero avatar, it lost a whole lot of its effect.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:18:51 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
+1
The Guy is a dumb joke my friends and I came up with, Starwind is from Outlaw Star. My picture is of Christine Watson who is the actress who plays the Demon Hipster Chick from Scott Pilgrim. I have an unhealthy obsession for Demon Hipster Chicks.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
+1

Klaha, from the defunct band Malice Mizer. He since went solo, doing pop music, and then disappeared from the radar completely.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
Kinda looks like a goth Michael Jackson.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »
That's just the lighting. He HAS a nose.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 06:58:21 PM »
Klaha, from the defunct band Malice Mizer. He since went solo, doing pop music, and then disappeared from the radar completely.
Do you think he was kidnapped? o.o;;

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
+1
My avatar is a reference to what is possibly my favorite TV show of all time.
MST3K Season Five-Six Intro (High Quality)

The picture in my signature is a pun on the phrase "Space, the final frontier." which was used in the opening to the first two Star Trek shows.
I plan to temporarily change both my avatar and signature next month though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:26:55 PM by Ratty »

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
+1
Nobody knows what happened to Klaha... he just disappeared. Japanese Visual Kei musicians aren't like celebrities over here in that their personal lives are often very private, and if they want to stay out of the limelight, they do. For example, no one knows what happened to Bou, the guitarist of An Cafe and why he left (at least I don't think they do). No one outside of family, the band, and perhaps unknown others know what the cause of death was for Jasmine You, bassist of Versailles. And speaking of Malice Mizer, no one really knows why Gackt left the band or why they broke up.

Anyway, my avatar is of Green Lantern John Stewart; a superhero I think is cool. A new creative direction is being given to Green Lantern after suffering nine years under writer Geoff Johns. I really don't like Johns, so I'm excited about the new creative teams. The new writer of Green Lantern Corps is Van Jensen, a fellow from the indie comics world. I'm really happy that someone who isn't used to writing superhero titles will be doing this. It offers a fresh perspective, and I like what he's said in interviews, such as...

"Green Lantern Corps" is a book about space cops patrolling the universe, so I want to make sure it's fun. It should be fun, and there should be a level of high adventure to it. It's going to be very character focused, but it's not going to get bogged down with overly serious naval gazing.

Which is great, because Green Lantern is something that has been taking itself way too seriously lately, with a series of never ending cosmic cataclysms. That stuff gets tiring and boring after a while, and there is no room for characterization or more personal stories. Which leads into...

Jensen on the status of John Stewart:

He's a pretty fascinating character just in how much stuff has happened to him. As the central character of this book, the first issue is all about setting a new starting point for him. We're not changing the status quo or anything. It's more about figuring out where he is. He's gone through these things that have affected all of the Corps, but he's also gone through some changes on an individual level.

One of the most interesting things is that he has this military background, and there is some history in his military experience with him questioning the leadership and what his place is in the Marines. That's a great analogy for what's been going on with the Corps and the Guardians. Things there have changed to a significant degree. But John has always been the good solider – which is funny because soldiers and Marines are different things – but what happens to the good soldier when he realizes that the higher ups are not reputable? John is taking a moment here to be introspective and wonder what he wants out of his future and whether that will include the Corps.

There's definitely going to be humor. And the thing with John that I want to bring out is that he's a well-rounded person. He has a humorous side, he has a serious side, and he does have a fun side.

Sounds great!

Also the art is absolutely gorgeous. Really beautiful to me. It has an elegance that I like a lot. It's not feminine or anything, but it is pretty. Some samples.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1368604773.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1368604663.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1368604665.jpg

So yeah. I'm currently in a Green Lantern mood. I believe this new direction happens June... 10th, I think. So I'm excited.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:51:19 PM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
why they broke up.
Their Drummer died some time around or after Gackt left. They were really close with him and never replaced him. Klaha was actually a session singer at the start from what I hear, but they decided to take him on officially as a full time member. Any drummers who followed in their events or recordings were uncredited.

They even made a single dedicated to him (the drummer).

The death of the drummer was pretty much the reason for the split.

though they announced it as an "indefinite hiatus"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:38:47 PM by Flame »

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
The death of the drummer was pretty much the reason for the split.

Source?
I've never heard that mentioned anywhere, and I'm a pretty big MM fan.

The closest thing to anything official I've ever heard about it, was Gackt somewhat arrogantly saying in his autobiography:

If I think about it now, the cause of Malice Mizer's breakup was my own individualism and self-confidence, and the widening difference between things that the other members were concerned about .
http://gackt-vanilla.tripod.com/id45.html

But I think that can be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as how he wasn't even a member of the band when they broke up, and if you asked another member, like Mana, something tells me he wouldn't say that the band broke up because of Gackt's self-confidence :p

Likely, Kami's death was a contributing factor, as was Gackt's departure. It was probably a number of things, but I do not believe Malice Mizer has ever officially set the record straight as to why.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »
+1
One of the few things liked about PoR was how they decided to go for a little throwback by giving Dracula a Bela Lugosi look.
As for my username, it was something I quickly whipped up back in the old CV Fighter textboard days. For some reason I thought appending Cronqvist as Drac's middle name was a good idea back then.
And about the signature, it sounded like something that wouldn't be out of place in SotN's original English translation, and Jorge's avatar is Alucard, so...
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 09:28:51 PM »
Any special plans for your 1000th post, Vlad?

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:43 PM »
Source?
I've never heard that mentioned anywhere, and I'm a pretty big MM fan.

The closest thing to anything official I've ever heard about it, was Gackt somewhat arrogantly saying in his autobiography:
http://gackt-vanilla.tripod.com/id45.html

But I think that can be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as how he wasn't even a member of the band when they broke up, and if you asked another member, like Mana, something tells me he wouldn't say that the band broke up because of Gackt's self-confidence :p

Likely, Kami's death was a contributing factor, as was Gackt's departure. It was probably a number of things, but I do not believe Malice Mizer has ever officially set the record straight as to why.
I wouldn't say Gackt had anything to do with the break, although I've seen rumored that their split was not very amicable, whereas the split with the original vocalist was on much more friendly terms.

They never said, but considering they never replaced the drummer, it is very likely his death was one of the biggest factors. I wish they'd get back together really. Mana's current band, (considered his "solo project") is alright, but after a while, the music starts to all blend in. Mana's strength truly lies in symphonic rock/metal, not pure gothic metal. Vocals help too, and I'm personally just not a fan of the current MDM vocalist.

Tags: