Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Explain your avatars and user names, signatures...  (Read 11737 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Explain your avatars and user names, signatures...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
Any special plans for your 1000th post, Vlad?
Nope, nada. In fact I just wasted it on this. lol
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »
+1
As some of the dungeonites here already know, I chose my user name after Capcom's Mega Man X. It started as an artistic sig for my art long before I was even part of the CV forums so I kinda just stuck with it. For me, it's simple yet cool-sounding. This simple letter of the alphabet has become a favorite. I don't have an avatar as I've yet to figure out how to put one in (not sure about size ratio and all that jazz). Of course it's the same issue with trying to put up an image on a thread without having to link to another website and such. And finally I chose my signature as being a quote from Elbert Einstein and his views on how we can even remotely try to view God, and still come a way with little to almost no understanding about Him/Her.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »
+1
Well, my username translates to white bat and my avatar is a white bat (well, it's Soma's bat form from DoS).
The Honduran white bats are really cute. I didn't know that such bats existed until after I researched on white bats after beating AoS the first time.

Oh and for my current signature, aside from the links to my translations, is a part of the lyrics to a Japanese anime song titled "Maji Love 2000%" that is from the show Uta no Prince-sama. Yup, I am currently so into this show...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:37:45 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 01:20:15 AM »
+1
Username: means nothing, could be an homage to Slayer, who knows.

Sig: link to Retroreality forums, mainly for classic gaming.

Avatar: my favorite game making company of all time, also had one of the best game musician groups in the business with Zuntata.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 01:55:28 AM »
+1
Avatar is Soma fan art. I added a slight glow animation to the eyes, which is virtually invisible because of avatar restrictions. I don't remember who made that piece, which is a shame. I picked it, because it is one of the coolest works I've seen, fan art or otherwise. If anyone recognizes the artist, tell me. He or she deserves the credit.

Sigs speak for themselves. Silly pictures I made years ago and kept them. I don't know why. It wasn't exactly a meticulous scientific process. Medusa Heads are signature CV enemies and the world "seal" got me thinking of..well, seals and Seal. Also, to bait people into clicking those links.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
+1
Av: Fairly obvious what that is, just the end title pic of Portrait Of Ruin inverted to have the batwings the right way up (and also the cross upsidedown, natch).

Sig: Just something I found funny about a Bioshock meme.

Username: I've had this username for ages across many boards. Eventually it evolved into being my metal DJ name for all of 4 years. Comes from the sideproject of Max Cavalera from Sepultura, called Nailbomb.

Nailbomb Wasting Away
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 06:18:05 AM »
+1
Username: used for ages and from this

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
Avatar is Soma fan art. I added a slight glow animation to the eyes, which is virtually invisible because of avatar restrictions. I don't remember who made that piece, which is a shame. I picked it, because it is one of the coolest works I've seen, fan art or otherwise. If anyone recognizes the artist, tell me. He or she deserves the credit.

According to the Anti-Chapel, it was drawn by "AttansRabarber." I tried looking on his/her DeviantArt page but it's currently inactive. His/her gallery can be viewed here.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »
Oh, I remember her. She was a member of the Anti-Chapel forum way long ago (meeeemorieees). She's a really good artist.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »
+1
Name? It's a very old name. One of the earliest I've used on the net. UZO stands for Unit Zero Omega as a reference to Megaman X's Zero.

Avatar is currently Hazama from the recent fighting game BlazBlue. He is the smooth criminal, the trickster, and the final boss of the second game. It use to be Simon Belmont as pictured in the signature. The signature is something I made using the Kojima art. There hasn't been any Castlevania art recently of that caliber to update it with, so it's been there a while.

A full body picture of Hazama.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211155236/blazblue/images/a/a0/Hazama_(Chronophantasma,_Character_Select_Artwork).png

EDIT: Oh wait, I did change from Hazama. I wrote this post without even thinking. I forgot all about it!

I'm now sporting William A. Zeppeli from the series JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. It is one of the best anime/mangas of all time. Worth a read/watch for sure. The anime is ongoing. Zeppeli is a master of the ripple technique, born in Italy.

Will A. Zeppeli as seen in the 2012 anime.

http://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/jojo4zeppeli.jpg
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:37:47 PM by uzo »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 04:58:40 PM »
+1
Bleh, well...

When I first registered for the Dungeon, I used the name castlevania_freak, which was also my email login. Wasn't long until I registered Abnormal Freak, and I registered a myriad of other "Freak"s as well. Which is probably why everyone at ICVD just calls me Freak, whereas almost everywhere else I'm addressed by the full name, Abnormal, or Ab(s).

Avatar y'all know, and I lubz her.

And meat&soda. The girly is Punk Giana from Giana Sisters DS.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
+1
Theou: Greek possessive of "god". (In other words, it means "god's".)
Aegis: Greek, a shield cover.
Thus, Theou Aegis = God's shield cover. ... Something like that.
Origin: Diablo II Smite-adin Bnet name.

Avatar (current): Pinkamena Diane Pie
Relevance: Of course none of you would know...
Previous avatar: Medusa Head

Signature: just some stupid joke that popped into my head.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
+1
Avatar is Simon's Quest's Simon. Nickname is PyramidHead from Silent Hill. Love the guy. :)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »
+1
I'm using the Freddy Krueger name and avatar for a while. Used other nicks before but wasn't satisfied with them.
Freddy Krueger is an awesome nick on the dungeon because the original CV was based on classic horror movie monsters, and Freddy is one of the "new" horror movie villains. He's an awesome character because he's both sadistic and cynical; And he murders annoying teenagers, which is great.

The mooning makes sure nobody takes me too seriously.

The sig is an awesome quote from "Schindler's list".

@UZO

Damn man, I always thought your name is a reference to Ouzo, you know, like the anise-based Greek liquor. (which is a really good liquor)  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything