Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Weight Loss Journey  (Read 11098 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 04:29:28 AM »
Today I got up 10 minutes before 6am, put on a Weighted Vest and a hoodie, and went out for a walk for 45 minutes, followed by weight lifting, and then a shower.
I feel amazing! Just thought I'd share.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 10:27:55 PM »
Ah, I haven't seen you really post in a while Laina. I am sorry I did not see this thread sooner. It takes a lot of courage to come out and post something like this.

I can't offer much on weight loss, or health, but for what it is worth I do wish you the best.

(Any chance of some Street Fighter in the future? Did you get SFV, or shall we partake in some Third Strike again?)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 11:14:43 PM »
Ah, I haven't seen you really post in a while Laina. I am sorry I did not see this thread sooner. It takes a lot of courage to come out and post something like this.

I can't offer much on weight loss, or health, but for what it is worth I do wish you the best.

(Any chance of some Street Fighter in the future? Did you get SFV, or shall we partake in some Third Strike again?)

There's a community here that plays 3rd Strike online and SFV?

I only just got PS Plus yesterday but have SFV and I used to play 3SOE.

If anyone wants some games in the future PSN account is under the same username I use in CVD.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 11:55:03 PM »
Your determination has inspired me, I'll join you.
I'm a little on the heavy side, I need to lose some baggage myself...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 04:07:04 AM »
There's a community here that plays 3rd Strike online and SFV?

I only just got PS Plus yesterday but have SFV and I used to play 3SOE.

If anyone wants some games in the future PSN account is under the same username I use in CVD.

We did once like 2 years ago lol. No reason not to start something regular though.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
We did once like 2 years ago lol. No reason not to start something regular though.

True.

I got this fightstick converter for ps3>ps4 which has decided it's not going to firmware update at the moment. Once it plays nicely I will give you a hoy.

I played 3SOE the other day and got trolled hard by a guy playing the best Twelve I've ever seen.. Online is like prison, you get in a fight and either kick someone's ass the first encounter or become their bitch :/

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 09:01:53 AM »
Let's offload the fighting game talk here: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,8588.0.html

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »

Uzo! Long time no see. :3 Thanks for the encouragement, it really means a lot. I've struggled with my weight for years now & while I'm not super huge, I am larger than I feel comfortable being. I'm working hard to fix that though & felt at ease letting you all in on this escapade.

You know it, brosef. Love me some fighting games & you weren't too shabby of a sparring partner. ;3
Groove is in the heart.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
Today I got up 10 minutes before 6am, put on a Weighted Vest

You sir are Piccolo :P

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
One of the best motivational tools I've seen is taking a before picture, and taking after pictures, cause you can't really see the progress as you go since it's gradual. It gives you a view of your progress in pictures like a time lapse.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »
Just Don't work yourself to the bone.

DID YOU JUST DO WHAT I THINK YOU DID

Anyway, another fast-metabolism stick figure calling in--it really ain't as nice as it might sound (everybody wants what they don't have, after all, and it always sounds better than it might actually be because they want it). Being hungry quite literally all the time is really unpleasant, and not being able to retain any weight just means the process of "feeling famished even though you just ate an hour ago and junking on something that's probably crap for your body in the long run just to get your stomach to chill its shit because the growls and pangs have reached the point of nausea which makes it harder to want to eat and the pangs just get worse and the whole thing repeats itself endlessly" just continues on and on and on.

I'd love to be able to put on a bit of weight, if only to slow this shit down enough to be more tolerable; likewise, plenty of people I know sing praises of my metabolism like it's a godsend when it's really not all that nice. The only real silver lining is that I can basically eat whatever and be fine, but that leaves a whole wide realm of possibilities of putting bad shit in my body, so it isn't all THAT nice.

Strange thing is, I've quit smoking and the often-quoted "oh you'll put on a bunch of weight once you quit" hasn't made a single appearance thus far. Hell, last I weighed myself I was somewhere around 120, and the last time before that I was 135, so somewhere along the line about 15 pounds got away without me knowing and I don't like that.

Fast metabolisms burn calories off a lot quicker, but it's not some cure-all that fixes everything. It's just the other extreme end of the spectrum. Both extremes suck in their own right.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 11:26:55 AM »
Yeah I've a friend who has the fast metabolism like a curse (think of the movie "Thinner" basically).

But I'd rather be hungry all the time and be thin, than to be hungry all the time and not being able to eat because I KNOW I DON'T NEED TO EAT THIS OMG BUT BURGERS ARE DELICIOUS BUT THEY'LL GO STRAIGHT TO MY ASS syndrome.

Basically, our stomachs are assholes whether we're thin or not.
The grass is always greener on the other side though, I suppose.

LOL People STILL Smoke, these days?  Aren't we enlightened enough, yet?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
Addiction isn't too particular on being rational, sadly.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
Also, I don't think the two extremes quite equate.

There's hardly any social shaming on the thin-side, nor are there issues with clothing (or lack thereof).  For women it's particularly egregious, as a thin woman's bra is cheap in comparison to one with a bountiful bosom (they're fuckin' pricey).

We could name all of the problems that arise from each extreme, and I'm fairly certain that there are fewer on the thin side than on the other.

I'm not trying to downplay the issues of being too slender, though.  They're also important.  I just have an opinion that there are quite a few more on the opposite side where there are social aspects at play, etc.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 04:35:41 PM »
Jorge I disagree with you about there being less issues for people being too slender.
If someone is classified within their bmi range as "overweight" the classic potential issues are things like
Excess body fat around organs
Risk of High blood pressure
Risk of diabetes
Risk of heart disease
Issues with joints
Issues with appearance for not conforming to society's standards
The list goes on in this fashion and I'm not denying that in Western Culture especially obesity is an ongoing issue (particularly in children now, which is quite sad).

However, recently I've done some of my own digging into the effects of being too thin and I guess the search went from the actual effects to the issues themselves. Bottom line if you're classified as underweight and if you feed yourself filth:
You can still store fat around your organs
You can still be at risk of diabetes
You can still be at risk of heart disease
Your body may not be processing what you intake in the manner that it should.
You can often have one of the above (or other ailments) and not know it purely due to the way you look.

Now the "underweight" factor has another component, in a broad sense - eating disorders.
If infact someone has an eating disorder, they may suffer the following issues:
All of the above
Being at risk of arthritis from a young age (and in fact the calcium on your bones can deteriorate over time)
Addiction to purging (Bulemia) or starvation (Anorexia Nervosa) which can lead to a plethora of health issues.)
If you're a woman it can affect your time of month as in you may not even have it.
This may mean a woman could be unable to fall pregnant even in her prime.
You may also suffer irreversible dental issues if purging.

The absolute worst thing is that for people who do suffer Bulemia/ Anorexia you may actually still believe you're too fat, heavy etc so the means of losing weight is a method by which you're gaining control of your life.

I'm not promoting a bad diet, nor being overweight but I'm just saying that I don't believe skinny people's issues are taken as seriously as they should be. This is all because they visually and aesthetically fulfil society's expectations, which often carry with them unrealistic expectations.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 05:56:11 PM by zangetsu468 »