Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Turtles Collection Incoming  (Read 4826 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: March 09, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »
This will have all the console and arcade TMNT games, from the NES, to the GB, to the SNES, to the Genesis, and the arcade games.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:25:05 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 05:39:39 PM »
Ouch!  :o

It's nice to see this almost obscure series get the collection treatment.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:10:15 AM »
I need this in my life

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 05:04:39 PM »
Happy to see this announcement, I grew up playing many of those games. Countless tokens spent on that TMNT arcade cabinet back in the day...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »
I'm a little concerned that Digital Eclipse is handling the emulation and not M2 or someone with a better track record, but I'm crossing my fingers it'll be solid. Quite a collection of games, even going so far as to include all three unique versions of Tournament Fighters. Never woulda thought. They probably could have just released the arcade games and their Nintendo console equivalents and called it a day, maybe thrown in The Manhattan Project for good measure, but they really went the extra mile.

I hope TMNT1 on NES has an achievement titled "Shredder's My Ass, Splinter's My Balls."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 08:38:42 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 09:46:49 PM »
I pretty much have everything on this collection outside of the arcade games, TMNT 3 Radical Rescue GB, and Tournament Fighters NES (I kick myself for not buying the $10 copy I saw at a pawn shop shortly before the game exploded in price). I also have none of the consoles this will be on, but with all the TMNT games I do have, I am pretty satisfied.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:44:05 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 01:16:24 AM »
It's coming to Steam and I'm sure it'd play on even the shittest of PCs. 'Course, one can also just download ROMs and emulators.

I just hope that if/when Limited Run Games does a physical run, they get Tom duBois to do new artwork. I need his weird-ass lookin' Turtles in my life again.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 04:45:01 AM »
Yeah I emulate the arcade games, my PC will be 10 years old shortly, thankfully MAME still plays pretty well on it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 08:19:26 AM »
I just hope that if/when Limited Run Games does a physical run, they get Tom duBois to do new artwork. I need his weird-ass lookin' Turtles in my life again.

I remember seeing his work for Turtles in time advertised in a magazine way back when. The close-up of Michelangelo's face with that all-toothy grin still kinda creeps me out.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 09:09:59 AM »
I have all these games except the first TMNT GB title and the NES Fighters. I also have the 1up Arcade machine, so it's not like I'm lacking these games... and yet I still want this.

Also, similarly, should 1up Arcade do a Castlevania machine at some point (Haunted Castle and Vs. Castlevania when?), I will get that as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 03:32:56 PM »
I remember seeing his work for Turtles in time advertised in a magazine way back when. The close-up of Michelangelo's face with that all-toothy grin still kinda creeps me out.

There's an ad that as a kid I had torn out of a magazine, I wonder if anybody could find a scan of it. Pretty sure it was by duBois and it had one of the Turtles (think it was Raph or Mikey), Montana Max, and a cowboy, probably from Sunset Riders. I thought that ad was so cool and I even traced it to have my own I could color, and I'd love to see it again.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 05:13:18 PM »
Abnormal Freak@

That rings a loud bell. I know exactly what you're talking about as I also remember seeing that image. I just don't remember the mag. Maybe it was GamePro..? Can't recall.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 08:47:27 PM »
In my case, I think I got it out of a Fox Kids mag, ha!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 11:00:02 PM »
There's an ad that as a kid I had torn out of a magazine, I wonder if anybody could find a scan of it. Pretty sure it was by duBois and it had one of the Turtles (think it was Raph or Mikey), Montana Max, and a cowboy, probably from Sunset Riders. I thought that ad was so cool and I even traced it to have my own I could color, and I'd love to see it again.
This?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2022, 09:47:36 AM »
PFG9000@

I.. don't think that is it. The image I remember was done entirely by DuBois.

Tags: