Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70855 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2014, 07:36:49 PM »
Is that really a bug or one of those game magazine HOT TIPS from the pros!?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
Who knows? :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:02:52 PM by eryson »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »
While also adding in custom animations, like making this sword swing less shitty.

No dude, that actually looks pretty good as it is.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
But Hero, the new one has 40% more bealtiful.

And the hearts-spawn thing was a bug in the rays' parent object, which is just a plain enemy parent, coded to randomly drop hearts on death. Fixed.

As for the stuck-in-walls glitches...working on those.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
And the hearts-spawn thing was a bug in the rays' parent object, which is just a plain enemy parent, coded to randomly drop hearts on death. Fixed.

Awww  :'(  so much for the classic game tip of the month.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »
Who said I wouldn't keep little easter eggs like that in, now?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
The original sword slice he had totally gave me an Actraiser vibe. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
That was actually the reference I used. O_o

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
All it needs is the little blur effect. :3
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2014, 06:13:47 AM »
And the "Hah!" sound when swinging. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
I might do something like that. Put The Master in as a joke bonus character or something.

Anyway, decided on Chronicles Medusa. However, given that she has a segmented tail, I'm torn between linking it by outlandishly tedious code, or just animating the tail by hand. Did a few animations in the latter style, wanted input on how they look.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
Amazing.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
I might do something like that. Put The Master in as a joke bonus character or something.

Anyway, decided on Chronicles Medusa. However, given that she has a segmented tail, I'm torn between linking it by outlandishly tedious code, or just animating the tail by hand. Did a few animations in the latter style, wanted input on how they look.

Finally a decent Medusa fight. Just need a subtle torso and arm movement when in the smash movement.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »
Portrait's Medusa fight was pretty good, I thought.

But hero-sized Medusas have usually been rather meh, yeah. Trying to give her a decent fight.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
Portrait's Medusa fight was pretty good, I thought.

But hero-sized Medusas have usually been rather meh, yeah. Trying to give her a decent fight.

Be sure to use a special attack that really shows off the stone ability. That is something that I think has been sorely lacking in the Medusa fight department.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything