Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Google+ is public!  (Read 6157 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
nao go make your account!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »
No, Facebook is all the online public wah wah sharefest I need.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »
No, Facebook is all the online public wah wah sharefest I need.

myspace.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:58 AM »
I've been on Google+ since it was a private beta... but I have not fully migrated to it just yet.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
Another place to claim the material I put there for itself? I think one is enough.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
Since ALL of my friends are on facebook, I see no reason to open an account on another social network just for the sake of it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
it deoan't matter, from my experience with google+ so far, my days with facebook are numbered.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
I have to say, that I do like google+ more, but some of it is a bit confusing.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
the way I see it, Google developed the Android OS, so they know what they are doing with the technical know-how.

Facebook... You get an Overpriased movie about a Douche who Rips-off the people who he was programming for and Fucks over the only friend that supported him.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »
I have a facebook, but I dont use it so much...Im more a livejournaler 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:23:23 PM »
the way I see it, Google developed the Android OS, so they know what they are doing with the technical know-how.

Facebook... You get an Overpriased movie about a Douche who Rips-off the people who he was programming for and Fucks over the only friend that supported him.

LOL so you're basing your opinion about a website not on its functionality, features, or interconnectivity with your peers, but on some movie that only arguably somewhat dramatizes the events that led to the creation of the company that holds the rights to said website?

Most interesting...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:04 AM »
LOL so you're basing your opinion about a website not on its functionality, features, or interconnectivity with your peers, but on some movie that only arguably somewhat dramatizes the events that led to the creation of the company that holds the rights to said website?

Most interesting...

Well.... Google+ has better friend organizations and commercial games to boot, as well as a few improvements on who sees your post and whatnot.
Google+ is basically Facebook with a few great improvements...
Like how Facebook was myspace, only with a few great improvements at that time.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »

Surely you're not basing your opinion on that silly, heavily fabricated movie? It was hilarious how the life of those dudes was dramatized into a rock star biography (getting blowjobs from FB "groupies" etc.").

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »

As long as none of my friends are using Google+, it really doesn't matter if it's "better". If people starts to leave Facebook in favour of Google+ however, then I'll obviously follow them over. Social networking is only ever as good as the number of people using it, sort of.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Yeah.
I really don't use Google+ (or Facebook) to play games.  Ever.  So the whole 'there are better commercial games' doesn't faze me.
Again, I'm already on Google+, but I just don't see the appeal of it.  I log on to Facebook far more.  At least, for now.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: