Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586673 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »
biting off more than I can do
ps2 onimusha 3 and dawn of dreams

360 dragon age and some star ocean
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Chrono Trigger & Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. Oh, and just played back through the first 2 Uncharteds-Elena is my spirit animal.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2012, 03:03:04 AM »
I was playing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition online but 9 out of 10 times the opponent is either gonna be Ryu, Ken or Akuma. Ridiculously cheap ass characters. No variety.

So right now I'm playing Ninja Gaiden III for the NES. Both U.S. and Japanese versions. The U.S. version as you may know is pretty tough while the Japanese one is relatively easy. Anyone ever beat the U.S. version without cheating? The farthest I've ever gotten was to the final boss in it's first form. The stage before the boss is way too punishing and too far to travel without taking damage.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
Just when I thought I was done with Ape Escape: On the Loose, it turns out the Time Attack stages count toward completion... -_-

Also, since my girlfriend got me a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for my birthday, I finally popped it in and gave it a shot. The game is absolute brilliance and feels like the best game I've ever placed my hands on. I have never played a game more refined, more intense, nor more interesting.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:45:20 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:50 AM »
I'm playing Warcraft 2.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
Genius of Sappheiros - my first JRPG experience. I like boss battles and story, but running around the levels is so tedious.  :(

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
Nintendoland. Pretty neat.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »
Did you tear your hair out on Donkey Kong's Crash Course yet?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
I was playing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition online but 9 out of 10 times the opponent is either gonna be Ryu, Ken or Akuma. Ridiculously cheap ass characters. No variety.

Welcome to my fucking world. It just ruins the experience almost. Maybe every 2 out 30 fights I'll run across Cammy, or the super rare Sakura. I'm no expert by any means, but HATE being spammed to death by "SHORYUKEN!"'s, or having the last thing my character hears be ,"DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS! RAGING DEMON!", or whatever Akuma yells. I pretty much laid down the controller in this one for a while & tried to wipe it from my mind, but decided I'm not going to let a bunch of assclowns take a childhood favorite from me.

Anyway, Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask & Paper Mario: Sticker Star. PMSS sucks & is being returned for store credit once I beat it (which is a chore, believe me).
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
Did you tear your hair out on Donkey Kong's Crash Course yet?

lol. I would be but that splat sound every time I die is just too damn funny.

I'm having trouble deciding if I should get Trine 2 or Nano Assault Neo + Mighty Switch Force.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »
Been playing the MGS HD Collection, mainly Peace Walker since I haven't played it, but I also love MGS 2 so I'm trying to get all the trophies. I also just got Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and The Walking Dead so that'll keep me busy
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
On Act 4 of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The game is too damn fun. Also, recently got a new copy of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, and three other PSP games, being Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and Warriors Orochi. Time, I have none.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
Been playing FTL: Faster Than Light and Hotline Miami recently.

FTL I haven't really got a grip of yet, but am learning. Very pleasing when things go right but the management system takes a bit of time to get used to. The trials of being a starship captain seem to be weighing heavily on me.
Hotline Miami is very disturbing IMO, and not just the dizzy-nausea inducing visuals and druggy soundtrack accompanying the OTT bucket of gore top-down stylings - you have to play it through to find out why.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Genius of Sappheiros - my first JRPG experience. I like boss battles and story, but running around the levels is so tedious.  :(

This is why I always wind up using walkthroughs for jRPGs, I don't want to take 3 hours and several attempts walking and dying through one dungeon because I've been given no clue where to go.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2012, 12:01:07 AM »
So yeah. Totally beat MGS4 today. Hella fun. Also been playing Monster Hunter Tri with my girlfriend.

Aaaaand now it's time to start Tales of Vesperia.

Tags: