Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586695 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2013, 01:39:12 AM »
The entire Parodius series, so much so that although I have Parodius Da on Saturn and PS1, that SFC version must be gotten for that extra stage and the omake stage which is an added bonus.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
Whew! Finally got back into Alundra after I got moved in to the new place. Excellent game...that last dungeon was frustrating, but great. Last 2 boss battles sucked, though. Especially Melzas...I was expecting more out of that.

Started Infamous 2, just because I had no idea what to play next. I kind of wanted an easy game after Alundra, and before Dark Souls. Played for an hour before I got bored...I'm sure I'll pick up more interest in it later.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »
+2
Just play dark souls =D its more than enough game to keep ya satisfied for a long time. And frustrated... So beautifully frustrated lol

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
+1
Demon's Souls just came out on the PSN a week ago or so. I know what my brother and I will be playing. :3
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »
Back on Fallout New Vegas again. Even on this clunky Dual-Core of mine, it still works pretty well (even if it does CTD a few times when too much is going on). It's still a great game. And I am currently being a gun runner to everyone in the Mojave right now. Gotta get dem caps.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
oh hell I didnt know Demons Souls was on psn now. Good thing I didnt pick it up last week when I was at gamestop

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »
oh hell I didnt know Demons Souls was on psn now. Good thing I didnt pick it up last week when I was at gamestop

GameStop here has it for $14.99, whereas its $19.99 or so on the PSN. The plus side is that I can game share it to my other PS3 and play multiplayer. :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
My brother recently bought Demon's Souls and I heard him getting angry over the phone. He kept complaining how he kept dying and it was the worst game ever. I could help but to laugh and call him a pussy. I warned him he would die but he just didn't listen.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »
Huh...we were just talking about SMT: Nocturne in the last page, and so I stop by the Gamestop by the Theater in Kent, WA and what do you know? 2 copies of SMT: Nocturne in really nice condition! Picked myself up a copy of it, though I'll probably end up still playing Skyrim instead. >_<

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2013, 03:00:53 AM »
Hah! Nocturne... My friend and I were pretty excited when we saw the main character kick.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:23 AM »
My brother recently bought Demon's Souls and I heard him getting angry over the phone. He kept complaining how he kept dying and it was the worst game ever. I could help but to laugh and call him a pussy. I warned him he would die but he just didn't listen.

The game gets harder each time you die, doesn't it?

Huh...we were just talking about SMT: Nocturne in the last page, and so I stop by the Gamestop by the Theater in Kent, WA and what do you know? 2 copies of SMT: Nocturne in really nice condition! Picked myself up a copy of it, though I'll probably end up still playing Skyrim instead. >_<

y u no get me a copy? :(

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
y u no get me a copy? :(

Umm...because I wasn't sure if you wanted one? Might be easier if you just roll with it here. http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/shin-megami-tensei-nocturne/34305

FUUUUUU I could have bought it new for the same price I bought it used?! >_<

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
Umm...because I wasn't sure if you wanted one? Might be easier if you just roll with it here. http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/shin-megami-tensei-nocturne/34305

FUUUUUU I could have bought it new for the same price I bought it used?! >_<

I'm just kidding dude. :P Even if I did have a copy of the game, I probably wouldn't ever get around to playing it, since I am in love with the PSP right now.

And yeah, check GameStop always before purchasing anything. Interestingly, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team is cheaper new than it is pre-owned.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
Since it was mentioned again in a recent conversation I got around to finally playing Curse of Darkness. It's ok aside from the common complaint of the environments being unnecessarily large and empty, but I sure hope I come across a second teleporter soon otherwise it's going to take me like 15 minutes each way to go to the shop and back again. And I need to buy some potions before the next boss fight.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:49:03 PM by Ratty »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
Finally completed New Super Marisa Land (second SMB-clone from Tasofro). It is much better and more interesting than the first part. It has more levels, bosses (albeit very simplistic), new game mechanics, like ability to change into costumes of different Touhou characters and receive their powers. UFO "costume" is the most hilarious one. In general, it is a very good old-school game.
Someday I need to complete this game and open all secret levels.

Also, my trials at Genius of Sappheiros continues and unlike NSML, it's not even close to the end.

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

anything