Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586663 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
A little shinobi III
A dash of Sandbox (iOS)
A Nice chunk of FFIX
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #451 on: February 19, 2013, 11:58:14 AM »
Dark Sector. Pretty blah.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #452 on: February 19, 2013, 12:25:17 PM »
Been messing round Onlive with their 30-Min testplays, and my god it is effective when your looking for a new game to play

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
I thought Onlive was gone? I dont get how it works at all. How is remote connecting to a pc and playin a game on it in any way effective? Could you not just accomplish the same thing with teamviewer?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: February 20, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
I just played Alone in the Dark: Inferno. I was as equally amused as I was annoyed by it. I thought it was a nice touch that you could spray the annoying NPCs in the face with the fire extinguisher. I never thought I'd use a flaming chair to illuminate my path in a video game.

I think I lasted about 40 minutes and then took the disc out.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #455 on: February 20, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
I thought Onlive was gone? I dont get how it works at all. How is remote connecting to a pc and playin a game on it in any way effective? Could you not just accomplish the same thing with teamviewer?

I thought that so. Thats effective because you dont need to have the game nor the PC to play it, you use their PC to play, so its effective because you dont need to pay for a game that you dont know yourself if you will like or not. Since they gave a trial free time, its even better to test.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #456 on: February 20, 2013, 07:23:42 AM »
I understand how itd be effective trial wise. What I mean is how do they do anything different from GotoMyPC or LogMeIn or TeamViewer that makes playin a game on a remote pc even possible

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2013, 07:38:17 AM »
So the only difference is that they give you the game and the PC to connect, so you only need to ask or find someone to put the game on their PC so you can play, nor need to have another PC and waste electrical energy in your house.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: February 20, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
and by all means, all you need is good internet, and maybe the $100 Onlive Console ONLY if you have a PC that is so low spec it cannot run it, ALSO if you have an Icecream sandwich or higher phone you can online on it to (lol android has a sweet tooth)

$10 a month to play a fairly big library of games any time you want is pretty sweet.

I myself, love the Trails, but only as effective demos. I prefer to play my games physically, Onlive is great but is feels like (which it really is) just an Interactive Video stream with all of it's off gamma and particles glory, I'm sure its just my Laptop though.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »
Donkey Kong Country 2. It's still rad after 17 years. *happy tear*
Groove is in the heart.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
Wow it has been that long huh? It was three with Dixie right?
Donkey Kong Country 2. It's still rad after 17 years. *happy tear*
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
Yeah, Dixie appears as a secondary character in DKC2 and as a main character in DKC3, with Kiddy Kong being the secondary. They should do one DKC that we play with Cranky Kong (the old monkey, being the same DK from classic Donkey Kong)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
Started playing Red Dead Redemption. Pleasantly surprised with the presentation so far, and I've really only just started.

And I just grabbed System Shock 2 from GOG. I've been wanting to play this game for years now. Woohoo!!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »
After playing and beating Chrono Trigger for the first time (don't feel like fighting Lavos eight more times though), I've started up my copy of Secret of Evermore.

I'm not really crazy about the Secret of Mana battle system, nor am I a fan of needing to stockpile different ingredients for spells, but there's something appealing about a terrible movies nerd battling his way through a horrific fantasy land.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: February 23, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »
Been playing Ys I Chronicles Plus, the combat's very simple and yet it somehow manages to be fun to me. Though I have to ask, what's with the huge power jump between levels? At level 1 I run for dear life whenever I get hit, and when I got to level 2 I'm suddenly WTFPWNing every mook I see barehanded. Don't tell me Normal's actually the grade schooler difficulty. >.>
...Yeah, it's still only early game, so I can't really tell for sure.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:26:03 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: