Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92697 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (iOS Beta Test)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 06:29:32 AM »
Kiaaaaaa!!  It is great Konami is adapting some elements from Harmony of Despair to the new game.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/castlevania-grimoire-of-souls-announced-for-ios

sure, it's iOS but that's better than a pachinko game.

yea it doesnt have 6 players co-op, but still 4 players co-op is great, plus it supports 8 players, whereas CVHD versus mode only supports six players.

the graphics are even greater too! and I'm glad they reuse the CVHD portraits (Simon got a more classic character design look, though, which is great!) 

and it has a new story (but it shouldnt get in the way of the freedom of using any character).

perhaps they could add character expansions, and add Richter, Julius, Yoko and others.

iOS is a international platform, and someone like Konami, can be convinced to do something with it, cause we know if it requires investing more than they are interested in, they wouldn't bother, so on iOS, it does open up something epic to be created and for at least iOS gamers to play overall.

but yea CVHD will still be the go to game for a lot of fans, but Grimoire of Souls is looking to be epic and perhaps gameplay videos, playthroughs and stuff will appear on youtube.

and who knows, maybe it can build up into a new console game, or a later port on console.

Grimoire of Souls is looking gorgeous, plus it could build up into something greater with support.

the Harmony of Despair style should get an ongoing series just like the metroidvanias did.  :)

CVHD really is more epic and replayable than previous Castlevania formulas.

Harmony of Despair still stands as the longest played and most fun Castlevania EVER.  ^.^

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/gos/

https://my.konami.net/presentform/direct.html?survey_id=20180327cc&_ga=2.87582936.1781136842.1523946702-798257132.1523946702

I think with great success, that could convince Konami to bring it to PS4 as well, and PC.
since iOS is easy to bank on, ports would be easy to do afterwards. 

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 06:32:56 AM »
Oh don't worry, I'm sure we'll get plenty of characters, probably about $9.99 each :-\.  Still excited though.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 06:35:11 AM »
A whole other aspect of this just hit me.  CLASSIC TIMELINE IS BACK BABY!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 06:43:51 AM »
+1
hey guys affinity really likes HD just in case you forgot  :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 06:49:29 AM »
$9.99 each is nothing. money is no object for desired playable characters and stuff.

if cash shop prices are gonna cause people to turn down a game they would otherwise play,
they might as well find another hobby.

DOA5LR has over $200 worth of DLC, but people just purchase what they want, no big deal, still more affordable than buying a year's worth of beer.

and from a separated content sold style, people can pick what they want instead of paying for extra content they don't use. 

so the buffet style is a good format which can cause some people to actually save money, than if everything was bundled together, which would multiply the total price (which people would still complain about).

there's a lot of spoiled people these days thinking these game should be 100% free or just a few dollars for everything.

well this industry does have consumers with better understanding that even an iOS game is hard work to put together.

plus remember the stupid complaints people had about Harmony of Despair having recycled sprites?   GoS looks to have new higher quality graphics!!   

also not all the art is copy/paste. even the official GoS promotional art for Shanoa, Maria, Charlotte and others are brand new (well not sure if Soma's is new, but Simon's probably is, and more fitting than his purple hair look).

perhaps they could add Julius, Yoko and others later. 

plus with iOS format, they could expand the playable selection even beyond CVHD!

there are lots of possibilities, and iOS is a hot market that Pokemon GO, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Dx2 SMT are thriving and benefitting from overall.

and look at Granblue Fantasy, I think that was an iOS game, and eventually that has evolved into a new quality console game.

so there is potential for GoS to grow into a bigger project, or refined port on PS4 and stuff. :)
especially with co-op and versus being highlights, Konami must know PS4 has the best quality network of the pack,
greatest community, AND has more international appeal, with 60,000,000+ owners.

so yea, anyways, even if GoS remains exclusive, there could be some cool playthrough videos on youtube that could appear, just like Dx2, Fire Emblem Heroes and others, still get their gameplay vids uploaded despite being iOS games.

it is great GoS is like a successor to Harmony of Despair.  the 2 players less in co-op is a stepback, but other things about it are looking to be a leap forward.  and who knows what potential expansions and content it could have.

perhaps it might surpass CVHD's 11 Chapters content.   and it seems GoS has a boss rush mode too, which CVHD doesn't have.

so overall there's a lot of great things that GoS is doing for the franchise as a whole.

and I feel CVHD concept has more potential than the classic and metroidvania formats.

and it seems GoS might be doing storytelling right, it has a protagonist for mindless people that depend on a force fed character,
 but it seems like the game allows the diversified freedom of playing as any character the player chooses regardless.   so overall, the game should not be dictated by its story.   
character driven stories suck and are limiting anyways and pander too much to one demographic.

CV Harmony of Despair raises above such contrived concepts, while delivers a more fun and flexible game that's open to interpretation and roleplaying styles.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 06:50:23 AM »
+6
hey guys affinity really likes HD just in case you forgot  :P

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 06:58:12 AM »
Dug this up out of the grave to show that I am a prophet.
 https://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=8227.msg183051#msg183051

We'll see how close I got when we have more information.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 07:35:37 AM »
Not thrilled about it being an iOS game, but it's clearly using the IGAvania universe, which is a surprise considering his obvious absence, and the artstyle looks pretty good. Certainly looks way better than anything I'd have expected out of Konami at this point. I'll give it a try.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 07:40:57 AM »
I like how it looks, sadly for now cant play it if its only for ios (I know for now its in beta), I will wait for more news.
  *Return to the coffin*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:02:51 AM by Jop »

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
I guess being on iOS it can make more money and get to more people. I hate mobile games and their touch control! I hope they make a Switch version. I wish IGA was involved. I am happy to see the real Castlevania again, and not that other series they tried to sell as CV.

Affinity must be a part of the team who made HD, haha, he/she is always taking about it. I remember the same from the time this game came out and I am rarely on this forum. I cannot even read his/her posts anymore..Just go play your HD and enjoy on your own haha

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 09:23:20 AM »
Why. don't they. ever. use. SotN MariaaAAAAAA

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »
Why. don't they. ever. use. SotN MariaaAAAAAA

because it's japan

lolis win

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »
Why , oh why , does this have to be IoS only? I never want to play games on my phone, consoles and dedicated systems like Switch exist for a reason. They seem to be ignoring a huge market (as usual...) by making the title exclusive...

I am happy that Castlevania isn't dead, but sheesh...some things were just meant to be enjoyed on better medium...

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
I don't really like playing games on mobile devices, so the announcement feels like a slight disappointment. I'm not surprised I guess, what can you expect from the company who shifted to almost a purely mobile and pachinko business model?

Oh well, there's honestly still plenty to look forward to in terms of Classic-Vania and Metroid-Vania games.

Also, Simon Belmont looks pretty awesome.

Looks like they took the design from that really well made action figure from several years ago.

If I were Dracula, I would NOT want this guy knocking down my door.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:40:01 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 10:46:29 AM »
This isn't really important, but I'm wondering if this game is the one that was leaked on this forum by Beragon (not sure if that was his name) years ago.

I posted the transcript on the CV wiki.

Apperently, Konami was already planning an iOS game back then. Then again, supposedly is was also going to be for the Vita and 3DS, but I doubt that will happen with this game. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:48:39 AM by Nagumo »

Tags: