Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anybody ever notice that "Creatures in the Depth" is basically a remix of...  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

The first 10 seconds is basically the old song at a faster speed followed by a nice big expansion.

Poison Mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2VQmWQ-J8#

Creatures in the Depth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIAwVwy_Cw#
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:11:34 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I can hear the similarities. The tune 'Creatures in the Depth' or it's intro sequence anyway, sounds like 'Poison Mind' and even more-so like that tune from Rondo. But for the most part Creatures in the Depth is an original tune.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I don't hear the notes from the rondo tune at all they sound to me to be in a different sequence.

EDIT:
Yeah, the notes in Poison Mind & CitD's intro use a 4 note sequence. 1234..1234..1234..1234..
But the Boss Opening song uses a two part 6 note sequence. 123..4..5..6...123..4..5..6...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:48:05 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: music Remix