Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3 New Interviews from 1993 and 1997(SotN-Akumajou x68000-Akumajou Chi No Rondo)  (Read 13325 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Thanks, Koutei. It makes a lot more sense now.

So, IGA planned for Alucard to be present during the Quincy Morris event? That would make sense to me. Pretty typical IGA would make Alucard the real protagonist and Quincy a side-character, I suppose.

Also, regarding the Belmonts giving up the whip thing, doesn't PoR unneccesarily complicate things by mentioning the Belmonts shouldn't touch the whip until 1999? That part still seems a bit vague to me.   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:51:41 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The only way to know some more info is Iga him self or some other hidden interviews.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i think the simplest answer is, that since Nostradamus predicted Dracula will be at his strongest in 1999, the Belmonts decided that they should wait & bide their time so they too will produce an heir that will match & exceed draculas strength. maybe something like "this is when he'll be at his peak, and it is also when we can put an end to him forever." it was that rare astral alignment that gave them the clue to his ultimate defeat.

plus factor in richiter feeling shame for being manipulated/corrupted. perhaps they wanted to make sure that wont happen again for 1999. which is why eric said "the Belmonts cant touch the whip until 1999"

they know that despite being of holy lineage, their blood can still be corrupted. simon almost succumbed to the curse, soleiyu almost succumbed, and again with richiter. if it happened yet again in 1999 when the Great King of Terror was back, then bye bye human race

gotta feeling had that akumajo dracula ps360 game been released, we would have a concrete answer. it seemed to be a direct sequel to symphony
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:40:50 PM by crisis »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
i think the simplest answer is, that since Nostradamus predicted Dracula will be at his strongest in 1999, the Belmonts decided that they should wait & bide their time so they too will produce an heir that will match & exceed draculas strength. maybe something like "this is when he'll be at his peak, and it is also when we can put an end to him forever." it was that rare astral alignment that gave them the clue to his ultimate defeat.

plus factor in richiter feeling shame for being manipulated/corrupted. perhaps they wanted to make sure that wont happen again for 1999. which is why eric said "the Belmonts cant touch the whip until 1999"

This in a nutshell.

Richter was essentially Lord of Castlevania, without Alucard he still would be, which was too close for comfort. The Belmont clan was in a vulnerable state, and with Nostradamus' prediction they felt they had to do something drastic too destroy him for good.

The Belmonts go into training for 100 years with no VK, imagine just how strong Julius would have been with the VK. (not forgetting the Hakuba family's role in sealing the castle inside the eclipse.)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
—To begin, please tell us what role you played in the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night development.

Hagihara: I was producer for the first half of the game, and for the latter half I was both producer and programmer.

Igarashi: I acted as director (for the latter half), scenario writer, and programmer. “There is a glimmer of something suspicious about him.” 1
So this is finally the official confirmation of the Hagihara/Igarashi involvement on SOTN?
it was also super nice to know they had planned the battle of 1999 since 1997! and not only that but that simple intervew gave us the definitive answer about the whole Belmont/Morris thing. Great job of finding them!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:27:19 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I'm really curious now. In PoR, Eric says: "The Belmonts cannot touch the whip now." I wonder how he says it in the Japanese version. Does he say "can't touch" (sawarenai) or "won't touch" (sawaranai), as in the Belmonts are able to touch the whip, but they won't. The latter makes more sense with what we know now.     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Koutei should know the answer to that since i dont have a japanese copy of POR

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
I'm really curious now. In PoR, Eric says: "The Belmonts cannot touch the whip now." I wonder how he says it in the Japanese version. Does he say "can't touch" (sawarenai) or "won't touch" (sawaranai), as in the Belmonts are able to touch the whip, but they won't. The latter makes more sense with what we know now.   
In Japanese version, Eric says: 今、ベルモンドは、そのムチに触れられない。 Now, Belmondo can’t touch the whip.

"can’t touch" (furerarenai).
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Too bad we can't be wont get a full director's cut of SOTN with all that story and dialogue intact. The closest thing we got was that Saturn port. Imagine if SOTN had more time and budget to flesh out all those other ideas, even though we all were spoiled by SOTN we still severely got short-changed!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Too bad we can't be wont get a full director's cut of SOTN with all that story and dialogue intact. The closest thing we got was that Saturn port. Imagine if SOTN had more time and budget to flesh out all those other ideas, even though we all were spoiled by SOTN we still severely got short-changed!

SOTN, didn't have that much content cut, in comparison with Vagrant Story, where half of the game was cut out.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The interview says some funny stuff happens while wearing axe armor in NitM/SotN.  I haven't seen anything special yet.  It's just kinda silly to be wearing it with the idle behavior while Alucard meets Death or Maria.  Anyone know of anything else happening anywhere?

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
nagumo, do you know where to find the missing article? link is dead :(

http://gosokkyu.com/post/79456686343/akumajou-dracula-x-chi-no-rondo-interview-lead

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So, IGA planned for Alucard to be present during the Quincy Morris event? That would make sense to me. Pretty typical IGA would make Alucard the real protagonist and Quincy a side-character, I suppose.

Yeah I don't approve of that idea either. In that light I'm glad the game didn't get made. I personally don't like the idea of an already existing story getting re-written into a game and having a side-character (Alucard) turn one of the main protagonists (one being Quincy Morris) into a side-character so that aforementioned side-character can become the main protagonist. SotN was fine as it was an original story. But if that canceled Alucard game was supposed to be the rewritten Bram Stoker's Dracula story, then no.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:46:45 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
thanks a bunch

Tags:

anything