Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Phantom Pain  (Read 10722 times)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2012, 04:02:18 PM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »
Yeah that's gotta be Big Boss. There's just no other explanation as this alternate trailer is far more revealing the the last one. And also that guy who's covered in fire does look a lot like Volgin. I have to wonder if this is another of those Metal Gear games that plays with the player's mind. Kinda like what Metal Gear Solid 2 did with Raiden and the Patriot CODEC conversations. That was really messed up when i first played through it. But I'm still of the mind that the Doctor with the glasses is Madnar as he was speaking with a slight German accent where-as Dr. Kio Marv is a Czech scientist. One more thing I should mention though is that Kio Marv has dark brown hair in his art images while The man we see is elderly and his early Metal Gear pics have him with white hair that's thinning along the sides to the point of being completely bald. The only way any of us will know for sure is if we play the game as see for ourselves.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »
This has already been debunked, it's definetly Metal Gear Solid 5. Who else is rocking a mullet in gaming these days anyways?! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
The facts i have noticed :

- in 2:20 and 2:28 you can see the GRU colonel Volgin

- in 2:38 i can see a horse crowded between fires, a reference to the Boss

- 2:54 isn't that the big boss's face ?

- in 3:02 you can see psycho mantis's doll

and the mobydick studios CEO called Joakim and Joakim is Kojima if you corrected the letters

he also tweeted 2 mysterious on that Joakim N. Mogran account

https://twitter.com/JNMogren

Moby Dick studios logo, that is Kojima's hair...also the faint Metal Gear Solid 5 logo behind when The Phantom Pain title appears..isn't that The Sorrow at the end of the trailer floating through the air...2:56 Yeah, I like Metal Gear...lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:51:58 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Are people still doubting this is a Metal Gear game?

Anyways, I was rewatching the ground Zeroes trailer again and totally forgot it says at one point "From FOX, two phantoms are born" my guess is that's a reference  to both the Fox engine and the games.

I just can't wait to see more info on both of these and I hope at least one will be out this year
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
Moby Dick studios logo, that is Kojima's hair...also the faint Metal Gear Solid 5 logo behind when The Phantom Pain title appears..isn't that The Sorrow at the end of the trailer floating through the air...2:56 Yeah, I like Metal Gear...lol

You make some good points but not all of them are accurate. The Sorrow was not in the trailer. The entity you saw at 2:59 is Psycho Mantis. According to most if not all Metal Gear forums (and pretty much every site that pops up in Google) we see PM twice in the trailers. A lot of what BB is seeing are also just PM's illusions. Such as The Boss riding a flaming horse, the presence of Volgin, and some other eerie things are just illusions.

Note that this operation involves Mantis when he was still a child soldier. In the first trailer you can actually hear him breathing through his gas mask when he shows up. In this trailer here, at 2:59 you can clearly see what appears to be a floating child wearing something resembling a straight jacket. You know it's a child because you can see the sleeves are longer than the child's arms.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:19:24 PM by Weiss Belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »
You make some good points but not all of them are accurate. The Sorrow was not in the trailer. The entity you saw at 2:59 is Psycho Mantis. According to most if not all Metal Gear forums (and pretty much every site that pops up in Google) we see PM twice in the trailers. A lot of what BB is seeing are also just PM's illusions. Such as The Boss riding a flaming horse, the presence of Volgin, and some other eerie things are just illusions.

Note that this operation involves Mantis when he was still a child soldier. In the first trailer you can actually hear him breathing through his gas mask when he shows up. In this trailer here, at 2:59 you can clearly see what appears to be a floating child wearing something resembling a straight jacket. You know it's a child because you can see the sleeves are longer than the child's arms.

You know what? This makes a hell of a lot of sense. There's so much weird shit happening in the videos that it could only be done through illusions unless it were some other game. It's obvious to me now that the images we see are from Big Boss' mind. Volgin on fire, a giant whale diving through the air (not sure where that one came from), the Boss on a flaming horse, all illusions. Also those soldiers hunting for Big Boss are speaking with a Russian accent so Psycho Mantis could be part of their group sent out to capture/recover him. I'm also going to bet Ocelot's in there somewhere too. He'd probably be their CO on the field.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »

The thing about The Sorrow was a question. You couldn't really get a good look at the entity, it just reminded me of The Sorrow. This also makes me wonder, if this indeed is the beginnings of the Foxhound Team and Mantis is indeed a child I wonder if any of the other members will show up. Also could we be seeing a young Roy Campel again and Frank Yeager should be running around as well, pre Grey Fox..

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 05:48:13 AM »
I suppose this is a good time to post one of my crackpot theories. I posted this on a Metal Gear forum under ZERO PHOENIX.

This is what the MG series is shaping out to be in light of these new games:

Snake Eater
Portable Ops
Phantom Pain
Peace Walker
Ground Zeroes

At the end of PO Sokolov thought BB died in that explosion. We know that BB lived but he did lose his arm. We see this in PO's ending where one arm is a prosthetic. Of course in Phantom Pain it's the wrong arm that's missing but if we look at the time that would have to have passed within Portable Ops it would have been at least a month between BB stopping Gene and then being decorated by the U.S. government for saving the world. What if Big Boss got captured shortly after stopping Gene?

Look at this from the Portable Ops perspective.

Portable Ops - Snake stops Gene - Snake tries to stop nuke - Snake saves the day but is left comatose after the missile he's in impacts - Snake wakes up in the hospital we see in Phantom Pain - Whatever the hell happens in Phantom Pain happens over a few days - The crises in Phantom Pain whatever it may be is resolved and Snake is rescued perhaps by the U.S. government thus leaving the location of Phantom Pain - Now we see the ending of Portable Ops - Now we head into Peace Walker and then finally Ground Zeroes.

But what about BB's arms? Why does BB have two arms in PW? Simple. They cloned him a new one. The CIA tells Snake they have a way to restore his arm and do so by cloning one. They don't tell him that the cloning of his arm is in and of itself part of the Les Effants Terribles project. In fact, while BB was comatose his arm might have even been cut off for the Les Effants Terrible project. Anyway, the CIA sees how easily they are able to clone a part of Big Boss and then take it to the next level by trying to clone BB in his entirety, thus leading us the eight fetuses cloned from BB only for five to be aborted in the womb and the rest we know is history.

This is why Snake is missing an arm at the end of PO but has both arms in PW and GZ.

SE - BB's origin story

PO - Snake stops gene, Snake is left comatose after the missle fiasco, and somehow loses his arm.

PP - Those guys rushing in may be involved in the Les Effantes Terribles project. They could be looking for BB for the purpose of getting his body and cloning the greatest soldier ever to walk the earth. However while they're trying to extract an entire person i.e. BB someone else already made off with his arm. That someone else being the CIA. Somehow BB is rescued and we see the ending to PO.

PO Ending - Sometime after this ending and before PW Snake's arm is restored via cloned tissue manufactured during or after the events of PP.

PW - Snake has both arms.

GZ - Of course Snake still has both arms and is still completely unaware that the cloned tissue used to make his arm is part of a bigger project.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »

Tags:

anything