Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Last post by X on June 03, 2021, 09:51:26 AM »
Have you beaten it yet?

Oh yes, me and My bro took turns playing the game. Unlocked a lotta stuff including infinite ammo for many of the weapons. That being said there are some quirks the game has that don't seem to work well for the gameplay and those are the weapons functionality. I get what they were trying to do but putting in noticeable delays for loading, cocking, and the fire-rate of certain weapons types (shotguns mainly) feels unnatural. Even during the sequence with Chris Redfield and his team where you fire your gun till you replace the clip. My bro noticed that Chris checks the clip before popping it out and replacing it. This adds a bit of a delay in reloading your weapon. In a real-life situation you don't check a spent clip, you know it's empty thus you eject it right there and pop in a fresh one. Even older  games do this. Is this really that difficult for the game designers to figure out? Also the shotgun that looks like a converted AK-47 doesn't seem to have auto functionality as one would expect. And the delay in loading the next shot into the chamber (again) feels unnaturally slow. There are people out there that can fire and reload a shotgun in quick/rapid succession. Takes them no time at all. Again, I get what they were trying to do but it doesn't work as well as they thought it would. For the next game I hope a little more research goes into the weapons' functionality. The other bit which sticks out like a sure thumb was the story script.

SPOILER ALERT!

(click to show/hide)

Overall it's a decent game. A bit short but decent.
Well, depending on if this can be accepted for the theme lol, here's my entry;

Hooves Set Ablaze;
Raging Chariot - Curse of the Moon 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1veKNcR0fzjBoKCtY9HvdoIwvk6j9mHFi/view?usp=sharing
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Last post by BMC_War Machine on June 03, 2021, 06:15:00 AM »
Played a bit of the Witcher 3 on my PS5. It'll definitely take me some time to get through it considering how large the game + DLCs are. Right now I'm giving RE: Village a shot and so far I'm enjoying it. Although I have to get my hands on RE 7 just so I can really understand what's going on with Ethan Winters.
(click to show/hide)
Have you beaten it yet?  I'm on the Village of Shadows difficulty now, so playthrough number 3 i believe? lol.  I thought it was a great game.  7 was also, although a lot of the fanbois gave it slack.  I've been a fan of the RE series since the OG in 95, and i think this was a very necessary turn for the series.  As much of a win that the formula for RE4 was, it's good to see something fresh come up and surprise us.
Theme: Bloodstained music: remix a normal theme (hero theme, supportive character theme, stage theme, etc.) and transform it into a boss theme

^ this is why i ask lol.
I mean, it was said as long as it's Bloodstained it's all good.
Any chance of just making it a Bloodstained CotM contest?  As in any theme from the game?  That was a great idea to include the series btw, considering there is lots to work with there and we haven't touched it yet lol.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: New Castlevania Season
« Last post by theplottwist on June 02, 2021, 09:28:03 AM »
Well we got Grant... sort of. I mean, Greta of Danesti was clearly a gender swapped version of the character. I would have preferred Grant to be, well, Grant, but hey, it's more than I thought we would get.

Fan Stuff / Re: Carpathian Night - Some legends refuse to die....
« Last post by Gunlord on June 02, 2021, 08:50:01 AM »
Nice! :D
« Last post by Holy Diver on June 02, 2021, 06:32:01 AM »
Dunno man it's just not the same for me.
She kind of is Grant without the shaft, but then again she also isn't. She has some qualities Grant would have had and represents his character to an extent, but with her not having the same role in the story it just ain't it. If she was introduced pre-season 3 I wouldn't mind, but throwing her in the last season is just... Dunno man... Seems like the writters were like: "Fine, have Grant for fucks sake, there he is, just get off my fucking neck"
« Last post by spazzy_d on June 01, 2021, 06:59:13 PM »
I think I recall that they said something along the lines of "It's hard to balance out four main characters" or something like that in one interview, but I can't seem to find it. Which is still bullshit considering what they did with St. Germain and a few other characters. But yeah, Ellis hating Grant is pretty much the biggest reason for it. Which is more egregious considering how changed up characters like Isaac, St. Germain and even the main cast are. With how shoehorned other characters are it's curious how he still sees Grant solely as "pirate on a landlocked country, how silly lol" and couldn't even bother to make rework him into a character that would work for the show.

Well we got Grant... sort of. I mean, Greta of Danesti was clearly a gender swapped version of the character. I would have preferred Grant to be, well, Grant, but hey, it's more than I thought we would get.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
anything