Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Zannibal's covers / remixes (New; Dracula's Curse (Castlevania October!))  (Read 8528 times)

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
  • I walk by the moonlit graves, I'm home...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Yeah, I already posted on Remixes thread, but I decided to make a new thread for my own covers. Indeed, I use word cover, since that is the correct one for these, but the idea is close enough to remix. I can give a lecture about the subject if someone wants ;D

So, the list of my covers / remixes. The newest will be on top from now on;

Dracula's Curse
Castlevania - Dracula's Curse (metal, 5/5)

A Requiem (Simon's Quest ending)

Prayer of a Tragic Queen (Stage 5 - Bloodlines) 3/5 of CV October!

Praying Hands (Belmont's Revenge - Cloud Castle) 2/5 of CV October!

(click to show/hide)

Death Fair (CV Adventure Stage 3) - MAJOR improvement in mixing! Also, the first song on Castlevania October!

(click to show/hide)

The Grandson of Satan (fan song) - a sequel to Alucard. A bit more epic, but maybe not as CV-stylish as Alucard. Maybe more like LoS stylish except the parts with organs.

(click to show/hide)

Castlevania 1 Medley

(click to show/hide)

This isn't a cover, but a fan-song, which means that I tried to make it sound Castlevania-stylish. I think it turned out quite well? You can also hear some influence from the Kraken (PotC) and Phantom of the Opera...

(click to show/hide)

Castlevania IV - Stage 4, or Cave, music. This time, it's actually a remix. I just wanted to do something, so I decided giving it a try. I like the result  :)

Bloody Tears / Medley, my first cover. Note; I did this with my old recording gear, so other songs (and songs to come) have better sound. I'm also improving my mixing skills with every song I create.

Out of Time:

I will update this message when I got new songs. I'm planning to make Dracula's Castle this week (I found cool VST yesterday, and I already did quite unique intro for that song). I also have one song written down that I won't reveal yet, and also Theme of Simon and Awake. And maybe Revenge and Lost Painting. And Beginning from CV3... plenty of stuff to do.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:32:48 PM by Zannibal »

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
Very nice covers !
But for god sake ! Slow down !
This can be much nicer if you just slow down your tempo i think ,
I'm talking about the bloody tears one

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »
Thanks for feedback :D

I guess the speed is a matter of opinion; I though it sounded good on fast speed. Actually, I was going to do it even faster, but I couldn't pull the tapping part any faster. But then again, I love fast playing (Yngwie Malmsteen for example), so I guess that explains it. But don't worry, I won't play everything that fast.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »
Hi there! Nice job.  Very good stuff. :)

I think what Richter Belmondo is trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong, Richter), is that you're too fast for the tunes you're playing.
Clearly you know the notes... but because you're playing faster than the music is playing, the music has to catch up to you.  This is apparent in a few parts of the video.  You're either engrossed in what you're playing or you're not hearing the downbeats well enough to stay in sync with the harmonies.

Are you playing with headphones on or are you playing along with the tune coming out of speakers?  You may be able to improve your sync with the piece if you use headphones while playing.
The good news is that it's not too apparent.  Perhaps keeping a metronome tick playing in your headphones may help a bit.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »
Exactly Jorge ,
 :)

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:20:49 AM »
Hi there! Nice job.  Very good stuff. :)

I think what Richter Belmondo is trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong, Richter), is that you're too fast for the tunes you're playing.
Clearly you know the notes... but because you're playing faster than the music is playing, the music has to catch up to you.  This is apparent in a few parts of the video.  You're either engrossed in what you're playing or you're not hearing the downbeats well enough to stay in sync with the harmonies.

Are you playing with headphones on or are you playing along with the tune coming out of speakers?  You may be able to improve your sync with the piece if you use headphones while playing.
The good news is that it's not too apparent.  Perhaps keeping a metronome tick playing in your headphones may help a bit.

Aah, now I got it :D Yeah, I definitely need to work with timing. On Bloody Tears, I had no chance to use metronome, so I had to play by ear, which may explain why I was too fast. On Out of Time I forgot to use metronome  :rollseyes: It was first time I was recording with my current gear, so I didn't remember I could use it now. But I guess I was in sync quite well.

Thanks for feedback anyways ;D

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Zannibal's covers / remixes (New song: CV IV - Stage 4)
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
'aight. I got new remix out. Yes, instead of metal cover, I made an remix. One of my favorite tunes in CV series, really fits the atmosphere. Link is in the first post (to avoid turning this thread too heavy by spamming too much Youtube links).

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 11:38:58 AM »
Your take on SCV4's stage four 1-1 is very nice. That was a harp you were using in there, wasn't it?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Zannibal's covers / remixes (New fan-song: Alucard)
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 11:44:33 AM »
Long time, no covers! Well, I can't say I've fixed this issue yet, but I got something else instead. A fan song. I was listening to Final Toccata last night, and decided to make something similar, and I think it turned out to be quite Castlevania stylish.  Also, this is my first non-metal song that isn't fully orchestral. It was fun to make this one, let me know what you guys think! I will do more covers later. I got 1 cover ready for recording, and Dracula's Castle is coming too.

As usual, the video is in the first post.

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Zannibal's covers / remixes (New remix; CV 1 orchestral medley)
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »
Woe to you oh earth and sea, for the Z4nnibal sends new remix with wrath!

Indeed, my children. As it says in description, I found this badass medley from Ultimate-Guitar, and decided to mess around with it a little and then remix it (and trust me, orchestral mixing is not as simple as insert midi and render ;D). For some reason, it was named Castlevania Theme. Oh well, the song is in the first post, as always!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 07:09:02 AM »
That CVIV cave music is what LoS music should have sounded like.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
Good stuff!  ;D

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »
Good stuff!  ;D

Thanks ;D I got 3 days weekend this week. I'll probably make another metal cover finally.

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Zannibal's covers / remixes (New fan song; The Grandson of Satan)
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
Hi guys and girls and everything between!

I got new orchestral VSTi yesterday (Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 for those who want to know) and decided to finish my new fan song. It's basically a "sequel" to Alucard. I think it has the old-CV feel on the organ parts, and maybe slightly LoS feeling in the middle. Especially on that quiet part, kinda reminds me of Theme of Belmonts (that was a coincidence, tho). As always, the link is in the first post!

Also, now I've finally got good guitar tone, so I will FINALLY make more metal covers too.

Tags: