Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)  (Read 32288 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:48 AM »
Looks like there's a stray space in the key.

EDIT: Giving it a quick whirl, seems to be missing the percussion for some reason, though I haven't actually played the hack so I dunno how they actually sound in-game.

EDIT2: Okay, so it actually isn't using any percussion tracks in-game, that's weird.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:36:42 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2017, 08:45:27 AM »
Looks like there's a stray space in the key.

EDIT: Giving it a quick whirl, seems to be missing the percussion for some reason, though I haven't actually played the hack so I dunno how they actually sound in-game.

EDIT2: Okay, so it actually isn't using any percussion tracks in-game, that's weird.

Here are a couple videos of some of the ingame tracks in play,

The thing is that the gba uses directsond instruments for all of the tracks which means that all of the songs had to be manually edited within Anvil Studio to actually sound good within the game, also Aria only supports up to 7 tracks per song and pretty much all of the new tracks at least had 12 or more which means a lot of them had to be merged with similar instruments.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:52:26 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »
"All of the new tracks had at least 12 or more"
I could've recreated them with 6 tracks.  MIDI-wise, that is. ;)

Still, this is pretty impressive.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
"All of the new tracks had at least 12 or more"
I could've recreated them with 6 tracks.  MIDI-wise, that is. ;)

Still, this is pretty impressive.

Thanks dude. :)

Yea I saw some of your midi's over on the site I was using so I knew you probably could do it for me but to be honest I thought you would be to busy and pretty much by the time I realized I could ask you I had already found myself committed to a deadline of getting it released at a certain time so the last thing I wanted to do is ask you for a favor and give you a deadline as well lol.

But if your still interested then I may take you up on your offer, I can always such release the new hack using your new midi's as a form of a later update, there would be absolutely no rush either since I plan on starting to work on another DSvania hack anyways.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
Hmm... I may do it on my downtime.
What are the limitations of what you need?
Number of channels, a certain length of time, certain instruments, etc.  Let me know and I can probably bring some tracks up.

Won't know when that will be, however.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
Hmm... I may do it on my downtime.
What are the limitations of what you need?
Number of channels, a certain length of time, certain instruments, etc.  Let me know and I can probably bring some tracks up.

Won't know when that will be, however.

I will send you a pm once I have some spare time, currently busy at the moment, but there will be no rush to this so feel free to take your time with getting them done, I will just release a update for the hack at a later date once your done.

Tags: