Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Advance Collection  (Read 20191 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 09:49:27 AM »
I don’t understand how anyone can get excited for this. I guess it’s the same people that get excited when Symphony gets another digital rerelease on another platform or cellphone

As stated previously a DS collection would be way more desirable

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
+1
it’s one more step in giving “all” the games the “collection” treatment, which is welcome.  i will lament the games that end up missing out on the treatment though ha.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
I hear ya but a legacy collection containing the 3D games (except for the Lords of Shadow series) would’ve been great to see, especially considering Legacy of Darkness is quite expensive these days & not many people have access to them. Upscale the resolution, a gallery featuring unused/deleted content, etc. If Resurrection hadn’t been leaked then it would’ve been an excellent opportunity to include the demo in such a collection, and fans would actually be excited

The GBA games have been emulated to death, I think HoD & AoS were even released in a double pack at one point

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 02:25:02 PM »
+2
Give the 3D games to Nightdive and I've no doubt it'll rock our socks with all the improvements we'd ever need; just look at the recent remaster of Shadow Man. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a mode to mash all the content of CV64 and Legacy of Darkness together for a director's cut of sorts. And for the love of all things beautiful in this world, Curse of Darkness needs the option for faster player movement.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 04:57:44 PM »
+1
The GBA games have been emulated to death, I think HoD & AoS were even released in a double pack at one point

They were, which was why I was disappointed to hear that CotM was not in that collection.

Curse of Darkness needs the option for faster player movement.

I'd also go the extra mile and have Hector steel shit regardless of what the enemy is doing in order to successfully pull it off. That was always annoying...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
As others have said, I'm happy to play, but I do wish they would just bundle the DS games in it too. Heck, I would be even happier (and I know this won't happen) if they bundled the rest of the Classicvania games like Rondo, Dracula X, and Chronicles. As well as CV64 and LoD in it too.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2021, 09:17:36 AM »
I do have to wonder if they're doing it this way in order to save on data memory. Both the N64 titles as well as LoI and CoD would be quite large for a download.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2021, 09:22:50 PM »
I don't mean to complain about these reissues  because I know some people don't have these games but personally I already own all of these games and some I've bought 2 to 3 times already.

What has it been now 8 years? And instead of giving us a new game they want us to just keep buying the old ones we already have? Nope.

One thing is for sure it's a hell of a lot easier for them to just keep milking the old stuff than it is to stick their necks out and give the fans what they deserve. A proper console release.

I guess I'm just annoyed at how long it's been more than the reissues. But man... I'll give Konami my money again when it's a new game.

I'm glad to see that they're giving the series some kind of recognition other than the show, but I agree. I won't have a use for this collection, unless they put some bonus material in there like they did with the anniversary collection. I was pleasantly surprised with that release.

Even if they did a new game via Steam Early Access, like they're doing with Getsu Fuma Den, I'd be happy to support that. Haven't played the new Getsu yet, but I intend to. I was a bit surprised to see that Konami was working on that.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
. . .Any day now, Konami.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »
+3

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
+2
I dunno about you peeps, but I'm predicting a Halloween-ish release date for this compilation.  It wouldn't be the first time Konami put out a CV around Halloween.  And if that's the case, we should be getting a release announcement in the next few weeks.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »
I would like to assume that if this does well (it probably won’t), that would open the possibility to port the DS games to Switch. I would be very interested in that, but that’s a very long shot

@Super Waffle
I have that doujinshi (as well as others), but I won’t post any scans here because it gets very raunchy

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 06:38:35 PM »
I would definitely get a PS4 or Switch copy of ‘Castlevania Advance’ and hopefully ‘Castlevania DS’… Preferably the latter, but either is fine. I actually don’t mind the digital releases to partner with the physical which would be kept sealed.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 09:59:20 AM »
@Super Waffle
I have that doujinshi (as well as others), but I won’t post any scans here because it gets very raunchy

Does it have a title..?  :-[

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 06:39:29 PM »

Wasn't it posted on the CV Dungeon website at one point?

That being said, I'd appreciate a high-quality scan of it, m8. ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything