Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo portable  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 11, 2023, 11:35:55 AM »
How feasible is it to get Rondo of Blood on the Zelda Game & Watch? Walmart has it for $25 so I caved; wondering what emulation capabilities it has. I imagine there's a paltry amount of storage so I doubt you could get the Redbook audio on there regardless of how compressed it is, but is the game itself possible?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 12:51:26 PM »
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MzmoEFs0bQ

here's a quick little rundown of the homebrew scene and links to github pages for the software they use. it doesn't currently look feasible to run much besides an NES or GB emulator on the thing, seeing as custom implemented code is in its infancy (they can't even romswap and use the built in emulator, they had to write one for the hardware.)

The processor is a 280mhz STU chip, similar to ones used in the Switch. When the first switch homebrew was made iirc they could only access those processors, and there were decent homebrew emulators running on them then.

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/706345/MacronixInternational/MX25U8035/1

here's the datasheet for the on-board rom storage, it looks like the chip comes with 32mb of flash storage.

so it is very possible and likely within some time that turbografx could be emulated on the device, but it doesn't seem like the homebrew scene is at that stage of accessibility yet.
unless you wanna write the code yerself  ;)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 06:06:33 PM »
Quote from: BLOOD MONKEY
unless you wanna write the code yerself  ;)

There are so many times I'd like to see something done that nobody's working on that makes me think, "I should learn to code."
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything