Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula's Castle  (Read 7243 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
Walter's castle is still standing in the ending, but isn't there a cinematic where the place starts to crumble and Leon quickly has to leave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8NES_Xg_Q

@1:16-1:37

@2:10 you can see the castle is in ruin, only the outer wall and the bridge is still standing.

I still believe the Castle is linked to Mathias. If it was just a regular Castle that wasn't bound together by Dark magic then it should have remained standing after Death was destroyed. If that magic was Walter's then it should have started crumbling after he was defeated/ after he was absorbed into the Crimson stone.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
For real: Because they wouldnt have more Castlevania games without Castlevania AND DraculaxD
You can even say that some games doesnt even show Dracula's Castle, but even so the castle still exists.

In-game: You need to think about it out of the box guys, Castlevania is a Demon Castle, its a monster more or less. Its not a bunch of stones, so maybe it only crumbles when it master wants it to, or when there is no master to give orders.

Look at PoR, Brauner could destroy the castle easily because he is indeed the master at said time. But when he was killed, Dracula regained control again. We can assume that the same thing happened in LoI with Mathias gaining control of this castle.

SotN is another example, if Richter dies the castle is destroyed. It wouldn't be easier to Shaft let Richter die and still ressurect Dracula? The problem is that he simply can't since Richter was the actual Castlevania's master.

HoD shows the same thing with Maxim.

AoS is different and that is the coolest thing, since the castle is acting alone and trying to lure a new master.

I've never played much of these LoS games so I dont know if they have borrowed some element or something like that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »
The one thing I really like about LoS is the way they portray Castlevania in LoS2 as an entity bound to Gabriel.
It was a far more fleshed out relationship than any before.
"Stuff and things."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
SotN is another example, if Richter dies the castle is destroyed. It wouldn't be easier to Shaft let Richter die and still ressurect Dracula? The problem is that he simply can't since Richter was the actual Castlevania's master.

No, the castle which Richter is the master of is technically not Castlevania. Alucard/ Richter discuss this after Richter is saved and it's mentioned Drac is in "that castle over there". The 2 castles are inversions of one another and connected by the throne room, that's it. If the warp portals(keyholes) transported Alucard between the 2 castles, then this would be a different story, but they don't, the 2 castles are separate entities.

That's exactly what shaft wanted. It would have been easier for Richter to die and for shaft to resurrect Dracula. However, shaft couldn't destroy Richter, therefore the best he could do was to control him. He may have also known Alucard would rise (maybe not?) but he didn't expect Richter to be saved, nor would he want him to. The fact that you have to find the holy goggles to save Richter infers this.

As well as the fact Shaft says that you're "too late", Dracula's resurrection has begun. Shaft would have much preferred that Richter died, this would have made Dracula's resurrection much easier for him (for example Richter dying during the events of Rondo/ Rondo).

I also believe that if Shaft wasn't controlling Richter, Alucard would have been killed by him. I'm not saying Alucard is weak, I'm saying he's weaker than Richter, who has already destroyed Dracula once.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
Well, canonically, Alucard took Dracula out once before too. But I don't know if the canon states who delivered the finishing blow/the most overall damage of the CVIII cast. It could also be suggested that Alucard "needed" three other people to take his dad down.

Not contesting Richter's badassery, though. Guy's second only to Julius.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
No, the castle which Richter is the master of is technically not Castlevania. Alucard/ Richter discuss this after Richter is saved and it's mentioned Drac is in "that castle over there". The 2 castles are inversions of one another and connected by the throne room, that's it. If the warp portals(keyholes) transported Alucard between the 2 castles, then this would be a different story, but they don't, the 2 castles are separate entities.

They weren't separate entities IMO since one needs the another to exist.

That's exactly what shaft wanted. It would have been easier for Richter to die and for shaft to resurrect Dracula. However, shaft couldn't destroy Richter, therefore the best he could do was to control him. He may have also known Alucard would rise (maybe not?) but he didn't expect Richter to be saved, nor would he want him to. The fact that you have to find the holy goggles to save Richter infers this.

As well as the fact Shaft says that you're "too late", Dracula's resurrection has begun. Shaft would have much preferred that Richter died, this would have made Dracula's resurrection much easier for him (for example Richter dying during the events of Rondo/ Rondo).

Except that Shaft himself told that he is using Richter as watchdog, while they never say that any of these 2 castles aren't Castlevania. If he wanted to kill Richter he could've easily make him fall in a pit, knowing that pits kill Belmonts :P
Also I dont think that Shaft was awaiting Alucard, in fact he says as if Alucard wasn't accounted in his plans, since otherwise Richter would act as a watchdog until Dracula's ressurection.

I also believe that if Shaft wasn't controlling Richter, Alucard would have been killed by him. I'm not saying Alucard is weak, I'm saying he's weaker than Richter, who has already destroyed Dracula once.

I was not even saying who could kill who, I was saying that if Richter dies in the game, Castlevania is destroyed. We see it on the screen, it happens, simply as that :P (if Konami wasnt lazy they would atleast have done another video showing the inverted castle being destroyed too, but since they only did one CG for that, we can assume that these 2 were destroyed at the same time, even more because a light came from above and the inverted castle was in the radius of that light)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything